What degree guarantees a job with decent salary?

What degree guarantees a job with decent salary?
t. 18 going to uni in August

Attached: 9689F6BF-97B4-4C78-BB46-F895439871A2.jpg (737x515, 141.25K)

Technically no degree guarantees a good job, but some good choices might be data analytics, finance, statistics, etc.

None, there are just the ones that give you a good start point. Keep in mind that you don't need *all* jobs, but only one, so you better look for something you'll porbably be comfortable with for forseeable time. (Neutral is fine, let's be honest - you wouldn't know if you prefer electrical eningeering over mechanical engineering.)
They also require different qualities in you, so under the assumption you're a shut in introvert you're probably best off with engineering of some flavor.
If I'm actually wrong and you don't have problems with human beings economy could be a good choice, but it's more risky - high risk high reward.

In any case: Look for statistics on degrees and salaries in your country because any suggestion is always bound to the local economy.

This. You won't get a good job unless you have connections anyway. Doesn't matter if you're the smartest kid in class, uni results don't mean shit once your out. Never even had a job ask for proof of my degree. The kid who knows the boss of a company will get the graduate position. Blackpill.
You better brown nose every potential employer/rich kid whos dad owns a company you meet. Apply and hope you get an internship while you're in college or its over for you. All jobs require experience anyway.

Absolutely this. Connections are everything. You could be a retard and still get a 6 figure job if you know a guy.

Don't listen to this shmuck. 90% of humanity manages to find a job in their profession. 9% chose to get educated in something retarded. and then there's who probably just IS retarded.

Become a dentist/doctor
I just had an argument with my dad and these are the best choices for a good life
>t.19 getting ready to fail uni entrance exams

>have to spend 7 years in school
fuck

I'm just gonna live 5 months more and off myself
If I wasn't these two would be the best choices

STEM is good if you can land an internship, although the market saturated. CS, stats, economics, accounting are all good options.

OP here. I wanted to do medicine but I feel as I'm not smart enough for it even though it's my passion.
Realistically I could do Finance or accounting but I don't know how good the pay is...

Comp Sci

That being said, to actually get a decent job, you need to go to at least a competitive school, and graduate above average.

It helps if you like coding

Good luck robot

Unfortunately I do not like coding, I'm decent at it though.
I took this intro to C class in hs

Medicine has very severe restrictions and requirements, but it can't hurt to try, non? Worst case you'll be rejected, but at least you don't have to tell yourself your entire life that you *should* have applied. If it is what you want you should definitely try it. Work hard and apply. Other options will be there at your disposal anyways. (Actually prepare different routes paralelly.) Always aim for the stars, you can always correct to the next best choice when necessary.

In America you need to get a bachelors degree first before applying to Medical school. I would waste 4 years of my life if I don't get into medical school. It's a huge risk

That sounds like a very shit rule, but what do I know. Can it be an arbitary bachelor? If yes you could get one that would serve as a dual use degree - for instance engineering / data analyst bachelor or something that could be the basis of the respective useful master OR the medical degree. That way you reduce the risk on your side.

No first hand info, but I hear maritime academy graduates get pretty much guaranteed jobs with decent pay - only 4 yr degree , and no need for grad school.

it can be any degree, but there are certain courses you have to take (usually chemistry, biology, and anatomy)

rad techs in my area make ~80k+ starting. seems to be decent demand for them too.

Yeah but any other degree than something life sciences oriented will leave you with huge gaps of important classes that'll be incredibly useful for the MCAT....
>Biochemistry
>chem
>orgo chem
>physics
>biology
Etc etc

whatever gets you a webdev job

Then I would advise to check how many courses those are and consider how viable it would be to do those outside of your bachelor - and only when you end up deciding for medicine. Going after your dreams is a very powerful propellant that can make you a person who achieves great things, that's why you should strongly consider to go after that. On the other hand having a safe backup option is a good thing as a fallback plan.

If you mean by "current work environment" Corona - then yes, you are right. Shit is tough at the moment, but it will eventually end and people will work as usual.
Luckily OP doesn`t have to apply for a job right now.

we're headed for 20-30% unemployment, absolutely nothing is going to "guarantee" you a job

your best shot would probably be something medical related at a decent school, and be within the top 25% GPA-wise, and make sure the program has a co-op or internship as part of it

CS (programming) - over-saturated, there's jobs for legit high-IQ geniuses and those willing to work minimum wage

Law - over-saturated, half the kids with meme degrees and daddy's money end up in law school these days

Engineering - who the fuck is building anything nigger, teh factories are in china, maybe if you're in construction or power grid or some shit

Finance - they only hire from target school with connections

>thinking he'll get a job with decent salary with a non-Ivy bachelors in this economy
hahaha
hope you're fit enough to join your school's ROTC

That's funny that August is going to be your starting quarter because that's going to be my final quarter. What type of job do you think you would like? I ask because if you're 18 you're likely to have no idea what you really want right off the bat. It took me four years in the Navy just to figure out what I wanted to do. I feel like Uni should only be started and completed when you know what you want to do with your life.

Attached: 1587581314837.gif (360x360, 954.96K)

if you don't have to pay a ton for the degree I'd say study something you enjoy desu

What if he enjoys Gender Studies?

every CS and IT major ends up hating their lives because lo and behold bending over a computer screen and doing computer stuff for the rest of your able life is incredibly unfulfilling and depressing. most suffer for a decade before trying in vain to get an education in something else actually holistically worthwhile like environmental science

>study something you enjoy

This is for rich people who don't have to work for money

>every CS

Not this robot. It's not all fun and games every damn day, but I don't hate my job at all. Of course there's office bs on occasion, but overall, I am very happy with my career decision. I mean I get paid to write code, which for me isn't a big deal.

Especially with this corona nonsense, I feel I made out well.

Literally who pays for a degree? I'm about to get my Bachelor's and I haven't paid a cent. Do you people just not know about scholarships and grants? People literally get paid to go to Uni.