Pull ups

How did you guys work your way to do multiple pull ups? At the moment I am only able to do 1.

I recently got a pull up bar and have been doing negatives. I did 10 the other day and was sore as shit and today I did 15. Is there a recommendation progression or program?

Attached: pull-up.png (1320x1016, 400.79K)

ye keep doing 1 until u can do 2, just slowly reduce the time interval betwern ur pullups

I didn't. I could to 10 from the start.

How malnourished are you?

any good info graphs showing what different pullup/ chinup grips effect what muscle groups?

I lost 25lbs recently being a depressed piece of shit. I'm bringing myself back up and eating healthy food and gaining weight again.

Why can't we all just be bros? We only have each other. Fuck all roasties

It was an unironic question, and the right one given your reply.
The best advice I can give you is to eat healthy and do push-ups or lift small weights until you can do 2-3 pull-ups in a row.

You can do other back-strengthening exercises like inverted rows. I wouldn't bother with banded pull-ups since they help out the most at the bottom which isn't going to help you starting out. Doing negatives is a good way to get to be doing pull-ups. If you can do 15 try that for several sets, make sure your descent is controlled all the way down. If you can do 15 negatives for 5 sets with a slow descent. You'll be able to rep out a few pull-ups. Keep working at it brother you'll get there yet.

>I wouldn't bother with banded pull-ups since they help out the most at the bottom which isn't going to help you starting out.

Disagree, I had a harder time at the top than the bottom, also good for getting in more reps when you are exhuasted, bands are worth the investment anyway, since they can be used for many other things.

Push up help with pull ups?

Believe it or not P90X chest and back routine is a great push/pull up routine. The pdfs for the workout are online. I'd recommend doing assisted pull-ups with a chair rather than negatives. The further back the chair from the bar the less assistance it'll give you

You can do Australian rows to build up your strength for pullups, you can vary the angle according to your strength level to get reps in, ignore mutts who claim 10 pullups first try they are full of shit. Good luck.

basically this. Potentially try rows. I boulder and the number of pull ups I could do in a row shot up dramatically, though I'm not sure what analogous exercises you could do at home, other than rows.

Pullups are a large part mental, just like most of lifting. Try a few chinups, your biceps are probably stronger than your lats, so you should probably be able to do a few. Once you've pulled yourself over the bar more than once you've broken a mental barrier, which will help. The only way to truly get better is to keep doing pullups, but its important to assist yourself mentally as well

Get a big ol rubber band for assisted pullups and if that fails for neck hangs

What does it mean if I can do

>3 pullups no reset (full hang)

and

>9 pullups with resetting on the floor after each

No I am not using my legs any

buy draper band pack of amazon, start with black or purple band for like 4 sets of 8-10 a few times a week, every few weeks go to a lighter band, eventually you'll be doing 8-10 bodyweight.

It means you can do one set of three or nine singles. Are you a fuckjng retard?

Yes but that's not relevant

Lat pulldowns until you are pulling down a lot of weight.

Doing negatives are the be-all-end-all of how to build your way up to pullups for reps.

Try the Russian fighter pull up program for pull ups (uses progression). Otherwise you could just keep doing a shitload of them until you can do more. Do them whenever you have time to do them throughout the day.

Pull ups can be a frustrating exercise to improve on. I got decent at them as a teenager because I was home schooled and had a bar that I'd do them on all the time throughout the day (PR'd at 27 reps). It's been about 15 years since then, and can only go for 20 reps now. It's an exercise that's slow to improve on, which is why you need to just keep hammering at it.

50pullups dot com

Use the 123 system.

do 1, rest a bit, then do 2, rest a bit, then do 3, rest for longer before beginning new set.
Work up to 3 sets of 123,123,123.

>Why can't we all just be bros?
>Fuck all roasties
I hope your are being silly.
If you honestly think like this you need to stop with the negativity.

Sports nutritionist and PT here
You have a couple of alternatives

Buy a strong ass band (30-70lbs tension) and hook it up around your feet in a way you find it to be stable, then anchor it on the pullup bar itself. They should only run you by about 20 bucks, and they're extremely versatile for other purposes as well. I use one like that for bulgarian split squats and banded good mornings with the band around my neck, feet planted on it.

You can also do shit like 3x5 negatives, jumping up to the bar and going doing slowly, simply gaining the benefit of muscle growth from the eccentric movement

Another one is simply inverted rows, which will not only get your lats stronger, but will teach you proper and slow scapular protraction/retraction, which is essential to developing functional traps

Perhaps less efficient, but doing one pullup and keeping yourself at the top to develop isometric strength is also a technique. In fact, you could do it after your rows or negatives.

If you'd like to try, you can also simply do a "leg-assisted" pull-up, where you still maintain your feet on the ground, and control your own RPE. Some might say that sounds fucked, but it's really not THAT different from a bodyweight row (where feet are on the ground)

Attached: coffer.png (604x160, 22.38K)

Do scap-ups so you learn to pull with your back. From a dead hang, pull your shoulders down and away from your ears without bending the elbows, pause for a second, then return to the dead hang. Do this for 3x20 before you do pull ups, and initiate every rep of the pull up with this motion.

I can't even do 1 yet, but I started doing pull ups with a low bar, so that I don't fully hang to start with, then start with jumping up, did some negatives and finally got a resistance band. Now I do 5x3 "proper" pull ups with the band. Actually I will try to do my first unassisted pull up today, wish me luck anons.

Legit just do negatives. And train it often, multiple times a day.

When you can do pullups, do pullups every day. Then once or twice, after doing pullups to failure you imidiately do negatives to failure.

I've done pushups and cable rows and could crank out like 5-6 ugly pullups on my first try. It doesn't take much to achieve a pullup if you've got a normal BMI and some muscle in your upper body

I do strict chinups in every workout. Three sets. I started with 333, next workout 433, next workout 443 and so on. If I feel taxed I take a longer break between sets. I'm up to 876 atm.

I can do 15 or so on a tree branch but like 5 in the gym
what gives

Grease the Groove i.e. do sets throughout the whole day.
Or do Armstrong Pullups Program.

guy above his post here
OP, listen to this dude, very good advice
this fucking too posting this image to attract your attention from useless replies

Attached: 290.jpg (720x960, 89.3K)

Do weighted negative pull up with a challenging amount of weight.
For each regular pull up you can do in one set, do three time this amount in negative pull ups
Buy an elastic band and do assisted pull ups
Do farmers carry if grip is an issue when doing pull ups

not much differene; chinup just put more effort on the bicpeps

this is what i’ve been doing for chins

Attached: 7C624A12-8D8E-42D7-B743-873885C86A44.jpg (1200x1600, 146.61K)

Negatives are a good enough progession