/fat/ don't break your diet edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For dough elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss

>What do I do first?
1. Read the Yas Forums sticky
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
4. Calculate your TDEE
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
5. Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
6. Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Don't listen to memes, either of these are fine based on what you need
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

>Now what do I do?
Count calories, all of them.
Calculate your TDEE at sedentary
Buy scales, be accurate in your measurements
Learn how to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal body weight.
Do cardio. Even if its just walking, cardio will improve your health which is sorely needed. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can off set the risks.
Lift weights. This will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat. You don't want this.
Post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
Eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
Drink your calories. Alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
Freak out over a stall in weight loss. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself.
Be a retard.

Previous Thread:

Attached: dontbreakyourdiets.png (765x772, 290.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are the short and longterm downsides to extreme caloric deficiency (or whatever)? Lately I've been eating a lot less and not even getting hungry throughout the day. Yesterday I calculated I got around 1300 cal, ~650 with breakfast (some instant ramen) and ~650 lunch/dinner (small portion of mixed eggs and ham). I usually get around ~1600 by adding an apple and a joghurt into the mix and I've been losing quite a bit. If there are any downsides to this I'm willing to increase my intake, I calculated my TDEE is around 2100-2200, 82kg (180lbs) now.

>inb4 underreporting
It's easier with prepackaged stuff where you can just check the label, but with cooking I can only do a best guess since it's so many ingredients and I don't even prepare it.

I've got 24lbs to go til my goal weight. been at it nearly a year so this feels pretty insane

How much did you lose already?

ive lost 83lb

I recently made a post that i slipped and that i need to try harder again. Well here is my graph.

The ride never ends. - Mr. Bones.

Attached: 21.04.2020.png (969x516, 21.71K)

>used to walk to and from work, hour total, half uphill
>working from home for 5 weeks now
>do no cardio at home
>not allowed to go out for a while other than shopping
>finally restrictions let up
>go for a walk maybe 50% longer than my one way commute
>out of breath, legs hurting
Fuck me.

Down 12 lbs in the last 4 weeks. Keto with intermittent fasting, plus occasional 72hr water fasts. 20 more lbs to go.

That's so close bro, congrats!

what's the x-axis? At first i thought it was DD-MM

it is days, i have been at it for over 3 years.

I used to post here two years ago, and we all told you that you the "steady progress" or whatever you used to say wouldn't last.

the last year and a half i was just maintaining my weight because i reached my goal weight, of course if i kept going lower and lower i would eventually cease to exist. I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say?

Hey there friends! Another week has passed and i'm here to share my "spoils".
i lost half a kilo, as calculated and expected! Didn't bingo and everything went according to to plan. But the day i weighed myself i was tempted by pizza and chocolate and went over by 1500 calories.

My fitness has been stagnating tho, no jogging at all. I cant even to the 7 assisted pull-ups anymore, just 5. But i'm positive all the lift will go up again!

Coming here to /fat/ kinda feels like being at the "good part" of fit, away from the cancer of this board, except the occasional troll. It actually feels nice posting in here.

I'm sure that we're all gonna make it, friends!

1300 calories is not extremely low, especially if you have little muscle mass.
Carry on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM CONSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOMING

Attached: 20200421_062624.jpg (1080x1989, 611.37K)

what did you eat to almost reach 7000?

That....takes planning

how? not saying I don't fuck up and pig out on fast food once in a while but a huge mcdonalds meal for me is like... 2000 calories, lets say I do that and pint of ice cream(which I don't) I could maybe reach 4500 a day if I ALSO ate my normal meals.

How... how much do weigh, user?

same my friend. i got like 11lbs to lose, down 77lbs
we're all gonna make it

how the fuck

Attached: download (37).jpg (275x183, 15.81K)

So guys, how to deal with excess skin? I've post 80+ lbs and still got 30+ for my end goal, but I already have too much excess skin on my arms, lega and near my boobs. I might consider surgery, but I'd like to limit it to maybe my arms. Along with my daily exercise, I've started doing yoga and strongly considering OMAD, but what else can I do?

I go out and buy a bunch of food to binge on always telling myself that tonight is the last night. It doesnt even seem hard for me to reach that many calories. weigh 270ish

Time to leave humanity behind and start bulking up that muscle mass.

this shit calculator doesnt work

Damn, OMAD makes this shit too easy. First 2-3 days were tough but now I'm cruising. Would recommend.

Attached: 1559257479534.jpg (400x400, 24.07K)

I'm not saying I never did that, but three days in a row? Get it together, user.

This is my concern as well. I'm starting today and reading about loose skin and it seems awful.
Anything I can do during weight loss to prevent it?

>arms
Easiest to fix without surgery, just train your arms
>chest
Moderately fixable with chest exercises
>stomach
This is what needs surgery most often because you can't build muscle to fill up the slack there.

how much does surgery typically cost?

no idea