THQ Bankruptcy Led To Big Pay Cut For Pro Wrestlers:

During a recent episode of ex-WWE star Ryback's Conversation With the Big Guy podcast, he breaks down how THQ's bankruptcy cost WWE wrestlers thousands of dollars in video game likeness royalties.

Ryback states that prior to THQ going bankrupt, "video game pay" was anywhere from "60, 80, 90 grand" in a year. After THQ bankruptcy, wrestlers were making "10, 11 grand." Once 2K took over the series with WWE 2K14, the amount of cash going to wrestlers for their in-game likenesses apparently plummetted. It's important to add some context to the conversation. Ryback is talking with wrestler David Starr about the recent firings and furloughs at WWE. The two are discussing the ways in which the WWE has taken advantage of its contract wrestlers. Ryback is implying that the drop in pay for video games likely has as much to do with WWE's willingness to get its wrestlers paid as it does THQ's bankruptcy. David Starr, a proponent of wrestler unionization, follows Ryback's comments by saying that a friend of theirs from one of WWE's smaller wrestling shows received an offer of $2,800 for their appearance in the game and nothing more. Starr also insinuated that this wrestler was pressured by WWE when they considered not taking the money. gamerant.com/thq-bankruptcy-pro-wrestlers/

Attached: 20200417_235347.png (711x895, 932.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyXAk_M0LsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ryback couldn't draw a ding-dong diddly dime anyway.

fuck off simp

Then again, THQ (pre-Nordic) was long dead before the layoffs, and they don't even have the license until 2K picked it up. Do we really need to mention the disaster that is WWE 2K20?

>>RYBACK
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyXAk_M0LsQ

Based

>Rybitch's opinion

Attached: 1586915780461.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

>posts a gif of a guy who got raped by BBC in the summer of 92

>getting thousands of dollars for doing nothing while chinks slaving away over a computer for twenty hours a day do all the work on the game

Yeah I'm thinking I don't feel sorry for these people

Was Wrestlemania worth watching?

Only the Undertaker vs AJ Styles match since it's a boomer fight scene straight out of the eighties

>Kekvin Trash

Attached: 7d640324f7950a8512dd22d106f7f163c7965fc4c30d55025893a87e4847710d.png (500x745, 643.41K)

Good enough, thanks

Now I see a lot of people online and in wrestling communities trying to tear down the old Snake with what they consider the "Worst promo of all time" but in reality we the masses have been too dumb to understand the level of kino that Jake was throwing down

Everyone over the years have attributed the "You wanna play 21? I've got 22" line as being a sign that Jake doesn't know the rules of Blackjack

In actuality what Mr. Roberts means is that he has a .22 Caliber gun, and that even if his opponent truly has the perfect hand he will not walk away the victor because Jake is vicious and will do anything to win.

The line "Do you wanna play blackjack? I got two of those too" is then him saying that he has two actual blackjacks, a type of crude club used to bash people

Finally the line "You wanna play Aces and Eights? I got too many of those" is probably the most kino of them all

Aces and Eights goes by another name. They are called "Dead Man's Hand" because it is said to be the cards that Wild Bill Hickok, a famous outlaw, was holding when he was shot dead

Jake is then implying that he has led a trail of men who thought they could best the snake only to wind up dead at his hand over the years. It's time to face the facts, that even while ballooned off his ass on enough drugs to kill a bull, Jake Roberts could still cut a more cerebral promo than anyone else in the history of the business.

Attached: jake.jpg (480x360, 13.05K)

KWAB

holy based big guy dropping the hot takes

Fuck off Rycuck. Shilling your stupid ass podcast on /asp/ was bad enough. Don't bring that here.

the gaming industry has desperately needed someone like RyChad for years, maybe now the cloud of overbearing corporatism can be worked away. thanks big guy!

I hope you spread this gimmick site wide. I want to know about Ryback's political stances as well.

has his fast food reviews been posted to /ck/? seems like an obvious one

I had to do a double take and see what board I was fucking on.
>trying to get this gimmick over on Yas Forums of all places
Since we're not on /asp/, break kayfabe for a bit and be real with me. Are you the same guy that makes the A-Ry threads?

Attached: 1582436346138.jpg (1080x1080, 172.08K)

Yes. Same guy

It's Ryback himself posting this shit. That's already been confirmed. And all these fags calling him based are also Ryback. The Big Bitch is getting desperate lately. Jobless bitch.

based

No problem user

Hi Ryback, how it's going?

>exposing the business
>ever
that'll be fifty pure strikes, baby

Attached: 1586556269045.gif (478x342, 3.63M)

Mmmmm don't wanna mess with those

Attached: 01a53b693c543b40eb9080e8c94a71e9772b46e993a345db64802899d6d2d2dc.jpg (1080x689, 110.54K)

(to the tune of Hit 'em up - 2pac)
That's why I fucked your bitch, you ugly motherfucker
Draw dimes
Prime Time, Bone Street killers
Draw dimes
You know who the realest is
We bring it too
Draw dimes, draw dimes
First off, fuck your wife and the clique you claim
Prime time when we ride, come equipped with game
You claim to be a baddass, but I fucked your wife
We bust on Bone Street Krew, niggas cucked for life
Plus Heyman trying to see me, weak hearts I rip
Vinnie Mac and Undercarder some ugly-ass bitches
I keep on cumming while you're traveling on the road
She loves it when on her I bust a load
'cause you have a chode

Attached: 1587172155941.png (600x808, 1.16M)

Bad ass.

Attached: 7d18057a0ff8326cd737061ce0c0e378.jpg (236x265, 11.08K)

What the fuck is this all about? Was Kevin Nash really raped in the 90s?