Why didn’t they ever do a straight remaster of FF7? They were so reluctant to make a remake...

Why didn’t they ever do a straight remaster of FF7? They were so reluctant to make a remake. A remaster would have shut people up.

Attached: A64ED4C7-7B9F-41AB-9D88-EE393E3550B9.jpg (1200x675, 87.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4
polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why remaster when you can just re-release the original?

They did several remasters. If you mean 'why didn't they retexture everything, fix bugs, and make the characters KH looking, it's because Square lost the source code to the original FF7

Because everyone asked for a remake (which ended up incredible). Next thread

>15% of original game
>incredible

They've "remastered" it in the sense of re-releasing it on every modern system, and they know that unlike 8 they'd get backlash for replacing the models (plus it's a fucking NIGHTMARE dealing with the field model animations holy shit). So they just haven't bothered.

Also they lost the source code of basically all their PS1 games, so all they can do is use the PC versions that were based off of outdated japanese PS1 source code that Eidos was outsourced to mangle into being content-complete, and now they probably don't even have PC version source code. All the modern ports are even using a fan community graphics driver so shit works at all.

nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4 before people ask

Attached: h-1524.jpg (1284x2048, 699.31K)

I thought that PC version on PS4 'remaster' with trophy support was the play they were going for to shut everyone up about it

Better question, why do so many people in this hobby not understand what a "remaster" actually is? Here's a hint, it's a term borrowed from music production.

Attached: 1526076703185.jpg (640x360, 27.8K)

And for 60 usd EACH PART! by the end it's gonna be 180$ usd fora 60 hour game... And that if it's only 3 parts, imagine if it's 5.

Reminder tha boomernials consider chibi graphics "impressive for its time" despite the fact that multiple games that had better graphics were released on the same year.

Why do either?
Just make a new game.
FFVII doesn't do anything well enough to warrant preservation. It did some basic bitch shit that was relatively groundbreaking for the infant medium.
That's it.
It was the greatest game ever. For a time.
Even then, the gameplay is as shit now as it was back then. This shit is only appealing to people who couldn't play D&D.

>and now they don't even have PC version source code
Fixed.
>The funny thing is, I got a call [a couple years ago] from Square, because they wanted to rerelease the PC version, and they asked me if I knew where the gold master was. [Laughs] I left the company in 1999. What am I gonna do with that? “Oh yeah, you know, it’s right here in my desk drawer. That big box that I carried out? Yeah, I was carrying the gold master and all the source. Let me just give it to you.” Yeah, they lost it.
polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7

I know they're not impressive, I just see them as a successor to the chibi style sprites of the previous games. Even the concept art for the game had the chibi designs, so it's an intentional design choice rather than limitations.

Attached: Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 1)-200411-222728.png (960x720, 94.62K)

this is awful

>install New Threat plus SYW

Wow it's the best game ever and better than any remaster or remake could ever be

And if you use the reunion mod I'll kill you

Is that the best mod for FF7 and it's finished? I want to play the original one and seeing as that exists might use it, but maybe there is better or that one is not even finished?

>Why didn’t they ever do a straight remaster of FF7?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RETARD FUCK YOU
NOBODY WANTS THAT SHIT AND IF YOU DO, KILL YOURSELF

YOURE LITERALLY ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO BE LAZY AS FUCK AND JST RESELL YOU A 23 OLD ASS GAME BECAUSE MUH NOSTALGIA PEEPEE

FF7 ALREADY HAS SHITTON OF PORTS AND REMASTERS

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ONE

EITHER YOU GO AND PLAY THE ORIGINAL LIKE A REAL PERSON OR YOU FUCK OFF

FUCKING ZOOMERS NIGGERS

Attached: 1586728576551.jpg (1920x1080, 190.13K)

It's not finished, but it's getting updated almost every other day. Good news is it's separate of the battle models so if you bother with it they won't interfere, because I personally don't like his battle models.

>those faces
Jesus, how horrible.

How’s the Switch port? The PS3 port I played years ago held up really well. I wanna pick it up after I finish the remake.

Yes, the battle models suck, but his field models are a decent little deal.

PS3 version was straight up the PS1 original emulated. Switch version is the PS4 version which is the PC version, just with a couple extra patches. So "cleaner visuals" (filtered backgrounds and sharper characters, no dithering), broken shadows in battles, and higher resolution fonts as well as localization clean-up. If you like playing your games undocked, though, the lowered resolution will make the models blend with the background better than other versions at least. Otherwise, it's not like you'll lose out if you just feel like having FF7 on the go. WAY more stable than the mobile port too.

IDK if it's "the best" mod that depends on taste
However there is one thing you can't go without and that's AI upscaled HD backgrounds

Thanks, InfoAnon

I'll also say that there's little quirks with everything stemming from the PC version. 15FPS menus in battle, so the Slots limits are tougher, character models still have glitched blinking which is only noticeable when the camera's really up close, not a common occurrence, and little niggling issues here and there that only super fans would notice. If you want what the devs intended emulation is always an easy option, even Retroarch on Mobile (or Switch if you hacked your system) + the PS1 bin/cues isn't a bad way to go if you want purity. But the raw Switch port is pretty fine if you're not uptight about the little details.

Its the only mod with chibi style field models, so if you like this style its the best mod out there. For me, this is the only mod I would ever use to replace the field models, because the realistic field models they have out there look completely out of place and weirdly animated.

You can make the OG game look KH yourself but it's a very long and painful prosses that requires you to have the physical KH1 and 2 dicks to rip their iso's

Attached: tifa KH looking.png (1351x898, 1.11M)

Post better models so I can laugh at you.

Found the modder, fuck off posting your faggot looking shit if you can't take anons calling it out.

>FUCKING ZOOMERS NIGGERS
Don't insult the Remake owners like that.

Who's that red head 4 from the top? She looks rad as fuck.

The generic slum girl model I believe

Attached: Final Fantasy VII (USA) (Disc 1)-200411-223233.png (960x720, 95.8K)

Oh damn, her design is pretty great. To bad it's waisted on being an NPC.

Not that user, but thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for the Switch port to go on sale again.