Why isn't Halo the killer app anymore?

Why isn't Halo the killer app anymore?

Attached: 1586883939445.png (784x922, 593.85K)

7^3

this game doesn't exist

>Focusing on esports before even showing gameplay
wow holy heckin frickin based

Attached: 47c4f7ebb4591facdacab937fb6dd36480b48018.png (720x560, 294.15K)

I really hope this is fake, making 5 more competitive and less fun is what killed it for me.

Zoomers playing Halo grew up and realized it's shit and zoomers today have better options.

Because Bungie has nothing to do with it anymore and 343 doesn't know how to make video games.

>we want the esports audience
What could possibly go wrong?

>implying it ever was
Halo was always shit for casuals and children, it was always relentlessly mocked here.

Attached: zoomguy.png (2518x1024, 531.4K)

Halo 5's balance started in such a good place, why the fuck did they change things months after release

Halo got big because it was the first big online FPS for consoles.

Now there are literally hundreds of multiplayer shooters, a lot of which that do it better than Halo. So Halo doesn't really do anything to stand out anymore

Give me Cortana wife!

Attached: Cortana.jpg (1200x800, 259.57K)

343 made it gay,
minecraft with ray tracing, rpg story mode and VR support would make me buy it

Nothing has come close to halo 1-3 yet

Isn't Doom like the epitome of casual gameplay? Putting all the power in the player and giving you a game so simple you don't even have to manage your clip, not even aim in the original games.

Halo also had a great single player campaign

>original doom is casual
obvious troll is obvious, you clearly have not played combat shock 2, dark tartarus, etc.

Attached: doom combat shock 2.png (1280x960, 334.52K)

Because Halo is for children and always has been, it's old fanbase grew out of it and current kids have fortnite instead

Esports killed it.

Is that even the base game or just a downloaded map?

They are WADs. If you want base game, then here's an example I used when Zoom 2016 was new and people were trying to claim that Doom 1 and 2 also have low enemy counts, which is blatantly false.

Attached: doom has low numbers of enemies.png (3840x2160, 2.61M)

This. Same with Gears.

>killer app
Do boomers really say this stupid shit?

Attached: C764E11C-8A89-44BE-B7A0-68A425AE6A4B.png (614x760, 419.61K)

Why does every fucking multiplayer game has to be a shitty unfun sport? Fucking jews I swear

But then again, i completed doom 1 on ultra-violence difficulty when i was 10, so it couldn't be that difficult.

>focusing on esports AGAIN

How retarded is Microsoft, really? It failed with halo 4, failed with Gears 4, failed with Halo 5, failed with Gears 5, yet here we are again with an esports focused multiplayer game on a dwindling fanbase.

A fanbase that was built on the love for the custom game scene. Yet they say fuck it esports again, how fucking dumb.

Enjoy 3rd place again.

Phil Spencer
Bonnie Ross
Kiki Wolfkill
Frank O'Connor
343i in general

Blame capitalism, no corporation is satisfied whit some of the money. Only all the money will do.

Maybe you're just good at games. Doom is notorious for being one of the hardest FPS games if you aren't playing on ITYTD or something.

Because entitled losers get their shit pushed in and then obsess over the same game forever, to the point where they screw their life over. Esports is one giant cope for such people.

Microsoft are hilariously out of touch with multiplayer FPS.

Attached: 1585323421668.jpg (692x778, 159.47K)

Everything needs to maximise it's potential profit no matter what, infinite growth is not only possible but expected

>The halo franchise has remained a favorite among gamers

lol

Sounds like ActiBlizz and soon Riot. Is amazing they fail to notice that every big esport/fad was a fluke and that every artificial esport scene crashed and burned.

I like halo 5 online mode, I'm kinda excited for infinite

Attached: 1575119483598.jpg (800x1207, 485.1K)

The issue is democracy, not capitalism

And who are behind both? Remind me user

A lot of people.

You guys are dumber by the hour.

>console fps with aim assist and magnetic bullets
>esport

What?

Attached: u19xwk4ed9t01.jpg (1242x1224, 101.29K)

>pulling an actual reddit move by stealing an image, editing it, and reposting it as if you made it
Filtered

Attached: my first fps.jpg (602x792, 103.12K)

It's on PC now as well, and the mouse users don't get aim assist. I assume the reports scene would be on PC version

>Halo
>e-""""""sport"""""""""""

Attached: 1550000481239.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Capitalism is only focused on making a profit. It looks at what the market demands in order to do so. Democracy is what makes the market dumber and dumber over time.

Halo was one of the first games admitted at Major League Gaming which was one of the first recognized esports organizations.

After this they should really let 343 work on a new IP or something. It's time to move on man.