The old ones are better

I thought that Yas Forums was meming when saying that the originals were better than the remakes, so i played all the main line resi games.
The more I played the more I disliked the nu-makes.
once again Yas Forums was right for once... wich resident evil game should i play next? chronicles, revelations, code??

Attached: file.png (1237x704, 787.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how the fuck do you even get 8 hours in RE1?
its only a 4 hours at most and thats playing blind

some people like to take it all in...
every resident evil for me takes 8 hours. i like to really explore and look at shit. take my time killing enemies, read all files

The only great classic RE's are 1 and 2 with 3 somewhere close. Everything else is shit until 7. If you're really hard up for more than try Dino Crisis.

It took me a while to get used to the mansion and the map

I really enjoyed 4
5 is fun if you have a buddie but it has nothing to do with resident evil
6 is a amazing dumpster fire, probably the most fun ive ever had playing a co op game ever
7 was kinda meh to me, not a fan of outlast

>classic RE
That's because those 3 are the only classic Resident Evils. RE4 is good. RE5 is good with a partner. RE3 is not good.

expecially ada's campain in 6 was fucking hilarious, "agent" is such a poorly coded character that we pretended that he was a omnipotent being, since he would just fucking teleport everywhere, skip QTES and could just beat the shit out of everything with his fists including the bosses.

Attached: file.png (339x775, 349.71K)

I remember there was this one boss, that in sherry's campain gave us so mutch trouble, but on ada's agent just punched it to death in like 10-15 seconds. we lauched for like 5 minutes strait

It isn't outlast. It's RE in first person. Do you shoot shit in Outlast? Are there boss fights in Outlast? RE7 is barely built around hiding and what little it does do it makes a lot of sense when you do.

I get you like the over the top RE. I was talking to OP, not you. Which is why I suggested Dino Crisis.

but i am op, and i will put dino crisis on the backlog, thanks for the suggestion

>wich resident evil game should i play next?
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 obiously.

That is actually damn FAST for a first run.
He must've played on Easy.

Sorry kid, but RE7 is literally a PT x Outlast ripoff. It's "Resident Evil" only by its name, and an extremely patronizing, generic and predictable slog.

This.

Play 2, 3, then Dino Crisis.

I played on normal i belive, difficulty 2
I already played 3 (ps1) cause the remake was pretty shit but i havent finished 2(ps1) yet

In case you somehow have not already played them, you definitely do want to check out the RE's more sinister cousin: the Silent Hill series.
Very similar gameplay as in RE1-3, but much more creepy atmosphere and more mature stories.

You can play the whole quadrilogy on PC:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2:EE project's home page:
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE installation tutorial video:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
>SH2 Audio Replacement mod:
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.
The "Enhanced .EXE" is also the no-CD crack!

The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.
Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the T, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty! Especially in case of #2!
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: SH PC Guide 20th October 2019 v2,31.png (1281x6118, 1.08M)

>I thought that Yas Forums was meming when saying that the originals were better than the remakes
No, we were not.
Of course the ADHD zoomies get triggered whenever people with some gaming experience call out their bullshit and shit taste. You however cannot deny pure quality and true art when you see one.

>wich resident evil game should i play next?
>Code??
You mean the Code Veronica? It IS part of the main line. It's literally the "original RE3", or "RE4".
Afterwards, play Dino Crisis and Silent Hill.

Attached: PS1 horror golden age - SH1 RE2 DC1.jpg (450x436, 56.67K)

I actually have silent hill 2 enchanced installed, but i have some work to do before I get free time again, but im really excited to play the silent hill series.

I was going to use a ps2 to play silent hill 1, 3 and 4 since i heard the pc versions of those games arent great

>once again Yas Forums was right for once

Attached: 1431634435034.jpg (252x249, 22.49K)

Yas Forums has a mixed bag of being right and wrong. Only autistic contrarians desperate to be snowflakes think otherwise.

thank you for the recomendation
as soon has I have free time again, ill get to it
my backlog right now is the megaman zero collection games, since I marathoned all the main megaman and X games for the release of zero and zx but once again work got in the way. After that ill play the silent hill and dino crisis series. btw any RPG recomendation for someone that never played a rpg before, I tried getting into it with final fantasy x and some fag recomended me neptunia along time ago but i could not get into it.

nothing wrong taking your time

>I was going to use a ps2 to play silent hill 1, 3 and 4 since i heard the pc versions of those games arent great
Who the fuck said that??
SH3's PC port is one of the best PC conversions ever made, and works practically without any fixes if you so desire. 4 is a different beast, but its fan-patches have come a looong way since early 2010s, just like SH2's did.

SH1 is a big exception because it's a pure PS1 exclusive, and thus needs to be emulated.

Still, if you DO have a PS2, and hopefully a good CRT as well, playing SH games on it is obviously the optimal / the most authentic way to play. The PC ports, however, are darn great option!
As long as you avoid the awful ""HD"" Collection on 360/PS3, you'll do fine.

Attached: sh3 PC - hospital item room - 1080p.jpg (1920x1080, 512.79K)

>once again Yas Forums was right for once

Chrono Trigger for sure. I don't like turn-based RPGs that much but CT is fucking gold and one of my favourite games ever

whats the best version of CT?

Attached: file.png (282x53, 3.6K)

SNES or DS are fine. People were upset with the DS version for the re-translation which, while is more faithful to the Japanese, removes some charming quirks from the original translation. The extra post-game content is also pretty boring, but can be completely ignored so to say it detracts from the overall game isn't very fair.

Just avoid the PS1 version as it has horrific load times - it add some anime cutscenes but these are included in the DS version

DS or SNES

What’s wrong with the PC version? I hear it’s just the SNES version but better.

Sorry kid but you're a fucking retard.

Oh, I forgot there was a PC version. I remember it took them years to patch whatever was wrong with it and even then I'm not sure they fixed everything. Just play SNES or DS to be safe

>speedrunning tranny

It's rare to see an user with good taste here. Thank you.

NEW THING BAD

Attached: 1540962627017.jpg (324x419, 40.64K)

>The more I played the more I disliked the nu-makes.

like clock work

Is the joke that you posted a remake?

Attached: 1576858866006.png (407x407, 149.39K)

>using autism to gatekeep people for having good things to say
You're a fucking faggot.

Attached: reptile.jpg (247x317, 17.3K)

>Once again
>for once