Do you agree that this is the best Final Fantasy?

Do you agree that this is the best Final Fantasy?

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.png (280x355, 82.1K)

12, 6 and 5 are the only good final fantasy games.

I see you too are a man with a monster PVC pipe dick

Mainline? Yeah
But otherwise there's also FF Tactics

I can never finish this game because it puts me to sleep.

i liked 3 on the ds

No. This is one of the most poorly directed "AAA" videogames ever made. People who think this game is good, let alone the best FF game, are braindead. Or they are young and have absolutely no taste or experience. This game is genuinely terrible.

>Square
>AAA
Maybe until 2000

Hell, no. The weakest of the post 10 games. Weaker than 13 and 15.

no!

No, but it is one of the better ones.

t. Vfag

>Weaker than 13 and 15.
Hell no, 12 is at the very least ontop of those

i still don`t understand how the cover reflects the games plot like all the other final fantasy games

>FFXII
>Game plays itself
>Still considered vidya

It's Gabranth, they guy who basically kicks off the plot by murdering Ashe's Husband and Vaan's brother and whom the main character (Basch) is forced to take up the mantle of at the end of the game.

The game is actually very much about him, just indirectly since he is involved as the main personal antagonist to 3 out of 6 Party Member while still being the loyal retainer to Larsa and as such actually not the main antagonist on the political scale, the kind of dichtomy that pefectly encapsulates the plot of XII, that the Enemy of Yesterday can be the Ally of Tomorrow since even with personal motivations ones with power above (The Empire and the Occuria) will make use of those to further their POLITICAL goals(Framing Basch to crush Dalmascan Morale and making Ashe into the Nuke Queen).

Basically Gabranth as a character is a microcosm of the narrative aspects of XII, hence he is the logo. also cause he looks cool.

Yes, I agree. It's part of the greatest games in the series with Tactics, VI and IX.

>monster pvc pipe dick
funny

Attached: 1579382786874.jpg (1514x1080, 682.94K)

Only mainline FF I managed to beat without wanting to clip my nails to the wall outside of 4, so sure. Still haven't played the NES FFs or 5 though.

try NG-, virgin

>Basch
>Mc
I wish.

sounds like an interesting plot, too bad I never got into the game.
I got stuck on the boss fight on the airship and they setting and combat just didn`t capture me

>Do you agree that this is the best Final Fantasy?
lol

Gabranth encapsulates all the themes of the series. He is a man who has had his entire future robbed because of war and decided to give in to revenge and self-hatred to fulfill his goal. He joined the army of the Empire that destroyed his homeland and managed to become Judge Magister out of sheer tenaciousness just to have the power to submit everyone to his will.
He is the opposite of Vaan & Ashe, who decided to discard power in order to use kindness and forgiveness to save the people they care about.
Only when he realizes that he keeps being used and that he actually believe in a fairer and just world represented by Larsa's ideals that he acknowledges that there is a duty that he always followed that went beyond his thirst for revenge. Despite losing everything, he still believes in something that is just, but he simply couldn't realize it.

Oh come on you at least get to hold forward and toggle the turbo button

that's not VI, so no

I wish they'd put Hiroyuki Ito back in the directors seat.

He's responsible for 6, 9 and 12 which have some of the best stories in the series (questionable gameplay in 12 though)

>12
>good story

Hiroyuki Ito wasn't the real director of FFXII be serious.

The Gambit system is genius because it really distills what an RPG videogame is, which is planning and party set up. They are 100% planning and preparation, and you either planned correctly and win the encounter guaranteed or you set up incorrectly and you lose.
The game lets you skip all the pointless button mashing and just watch your set up play out on the screen to see if it was adequate. You can even stop and make on the fly adjustments if it looks like the battle is going badly. You can even decide to control every action to make sure everything goes perfectly to your taste.
I don't understand why anyone complains about it when it's turn-based combat perfected. Focus on fundamentals, iron out a sound strategy and see how it plays out. This is not playing itself, this is the player making informed decisions with their knowledge of the battle system instead of just relying to the same strategy again and again. There is no way you can defeat most of the side-content by letting the game play itself and without touching gambits.

Attached: Hell Wyrm.jpg (1920x1080, 237.43K)

>The Gambit system is genius
Show me a gambit setup that skips debuff spells to the next spell in case of enemy being immune to said debuff.

Jesus, user, do you have a word file for every common complain about FFXII?

12 is without a doubt in the runner to be a top 3 story in the series. Every time I replay it I discover new stuff that blows my mind. Just the fact that Vayne convinced his own father to be killed by him rather than just murdering him is something that totally escaped me the first time.

12 is literally one of the few FF games in which the story isn't batshit retarded

This removes nothing about the genius of the gambit system and this just proves that you cannot have a bulletproof gambit system you can use to finish the game from start to finish without touching the controller. You actually have to cycle debuffs manually until you find them and then adjust them in your gambit setup and this is a good thing.

>a bulletproof gambit system
which means it's not genius

Last good Final Fantasy was made by Squaresoft. This game is offline MMO. I must admit I enjoyed the soundtrack and some of the locations, but the story is shit and the characters are only a small upgrade to XIII, mostly due to misplaced focus. Vaan and Penelo shouldn't even exist, Ashe's redemption arc should be through Basch and Balthier should be the main character. Occuria's plot more heavily incorporated into the narrative and character arcs about fate and strive for freedom. Combat system CTB from FFX with dynamic transition into battle when you aggro monsters. Basically burn it down and make a new game.

Every single one of your idea is absolute trash. Thank god no one is ever going to listen to you until you die.

It's not V, but it's still very good.

not its terrible

IX is the best
I got it on switch but I forgot how fucking ANNOYING getting any spell on quina is.
Like if I use any decent weapon on zidane or any skill really I one shot every monster so I cant eat them, but then if I try to take it slower the battle lasts forever, everyone is inflicted with status effects and I waste so many items and potions, and then even by spamming eat you never really know when the monster is a 1/8hp so it just takes forever.
that said its still the best. backgrounds, characters, story, music, is so good

It's a bit overstating, the main deal with XII is that it is very much IMPLYING IMPLICATIONS rather the spoonfeeding stuff to you directly, especially how it relates to FFT Your summons? the Lucavi Demons from FFT, the EMPIRE are the ones with standard FF summons on their Airships, and it being very blatant that the Party are what are caused the end of the "High-Magic" era of Ivalice that will have shit slowly spiral down until Vagrant Story happens.

Then where is the successor of XII if it's so great?

Gabranth was really cool

>Occuria's plot more heavily incorporated into the narrative
How, exactly? That shit's put proper in the plot front and center. I get this "fix" for something like FFT in which proper politics become about catching god stones but FFXII in no moment eludes the nethicite.

Nope. I haven't bothered to finish anything beyond 5. I straight up lost faith in FF with the 13 trilogy, nobody would give a fuck about it if it wasn't about a lewdable grill.

It was a good game but not a good Final Fantasy game.

Not the best, but definitely in the top 3. Ivalice is great.

Here.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XII_-_Revenant_Wings_Coverart.png (256x233, 124.51K)

It's called Final Fantasy XIV and it's literally the most critically acclaimed game since FFXII itself. Most of the same dev team is working on it too.

So you're admitting that XII is a singleplayer mmo?

This is a joke response, but the game was p good.

ZA is ok. Original was a jank mess.