Nomura admits it was him who fucked up FF7R's story:

Nomura admits it was him who fucked up FF7R's story:
frontlinejp.net/2020/04/17/ffvii-remake-interview-with-nomura-tetsuya-and-kitase-yoshinori/

>Nomura says that Final Fantasy VII Remake’s release does not overwrite the original Final Fantasy VII. The original is the origin, and VII Remake is only possible because of the original. He hopes that fans of the original will be able to enjoy the new yet nostalgic parts and differences from the original, and play it with the same feelings as those touching FFVII for the first time with Remake. He says that while this is the first of multiple parts, he thinks that it has the volume of one entire game on its own, and hopes that players enjoy it.

>Nomura himself is literally one of the retarded "uh just play the original" posters

Attached: cloud-square-enix-final-fantasy-vii-7-hd-remake-dissidia-advent-children.jpg (600x338, 33.05K)

I honestly hope he dies before game 2 comes out so they can change it

So whats your rebuttal, then? Just play the original if you don't like them taking the remake in a new, uncharted direction.

yeah you did this thread already

Didn't some insider say he was getting fired? ZhugeEx or whatever faggot name?

What are they chances some nip pulls a Kyoani on square?

Attached: 1586717517581.jpg (712x941, 46.87K)

And there's nothing wrong with that.

The original will always be there.

People were promised a remake, not a sequel.

>Nomura
>Getting fired

You guys I'm at chapter 15 just got out of the sewers... Nothing is different so far

The remake being an actual in-universe "remake" of the game's story is legitimately 10x more interesting to me than the idea of literally just remaking FF7, and made interested in actually trying the game out when I wasn't going to.

Remake does not mean 1:1 HD remastering and the evidence is the game we got, user. Got anything else to say?

>It's the "remake" gaslighting argument again
*yawn*

That sucks. I bought the game tho so o guess I've got no right to complain now. Such a missed oportunitie...

I guess that's a good point, they also never stated it was part 1. But a remake isn't a 1:1 copy, if there is anything like this you can give us an example. If it was a remaster then sure. I think FF7R should've been named something else so people don't think it'd be a 1:1 copy or the entirety of the story but that doesn't change that the original is still there.

>no rebuttal
Thanks for your concede

>if aerith lives, the whole timeline is completely fucked
nomura can just steal steins;gate

>hehehe well if you didn't want a sequel then that means you just wanted a 1:1 remake
Why do people do this?

>nothing is different
>not even the fucking ghosts after you beat reno
are you retarded or just not paying attention

see

Remaking the game storywise beat for beat feels pretty underwhelming, especially since the PS1 game's plot twists have been so widely ingrained in internet culture for so many years.

This is the Evangelion Rebuild for Final Fantasy VII.

You can't fuck up a remake. He's literally remaking it however he wants.
Don't like it? Don't buy it. Or at the very lease if you're a cuck and did, don't buy the next one.

I love how for nearly 20 years a remake was one of the most requested games ever and now that it's come out people are happy they forked over money for a game they never asked for and just telling people that a remake would be dumb and to play the original

Sure no one is expecting a one to one. But surely if I go to see Romeo and Juliet, I don't expect Mercutio to survive, even if it's the same group performing it a few years later.

>Nomura says that Final Fantasy VII Remake’s release does not overwrite the original Final Fantasy VII.
Wow, does this admission mean you'll stop crying like a fucking faggot now? No it won't :-(

you faggots read this shit here stop being fucking bootlicking zoomers for once during your no school period and realize we've been cockteased since 2005 with a remake that was true to the original not a bastardization that drastically alters the timeline and introduces a multiverse

Its a spiritual sequel that retells the story of the original in a new way. It is called FF7Remake not FF7. Again, why does that bother you if you have the original already?

Dumbasses
> I think FF7R should've been named something else so people don't think it'd be a 1:1 copy or the entirety of the story but that doesn't change that the original is still there.
There were no promises of it being a 1:1 remake, if you care so much about playing an updated version of VII just mod it, if you don't like VIIR stop making threads about it because you guys just seem entitled to what the developers/games owe you. Manchildren.

>specially since the PS1 game's plot twists have been so widely ingrained in internet culture for so many years.
you would probably be surprised how small of a percentage of current gamers have played the original. It's a PS1 game from the 90's. Most of the potential audience are late teens, early 20's who grew up playing Modern Warfare 2. People know about Sephiroth killing Aerith, but that's about it.

Because thats the only thing you can do in this situation, assholes. If you don't like it, play the original and stop whining that the remake wasn't something (You) personally liked.

>retells the story of the original in a new way
What the fuck, no it doesn't. The game is about sephiroth trying to change history. The plot is completely different.

They didn't fuck it up, they made it so people would theorize about the story so they'll be more likely to buy subsequent installments, which will work

Added doesn't mean different. Everything from the original is there, and then there's a lot of extra shit on top of it. Are you actually complaining that you want less game in your game?

You were already huffing and puffing like a child screaming that the entire remake project was a scam that should never be taken seriously back when Square said they were making Midgar into a full separate game.
You didn't like it then, you don't like it now, you won't like what comes next. Move on with your life.

How many times do you want to say "you can't criticize the remake, just play the original" before you get tired of it?

Because I want to see the story with the spectacle that Square has become known for. I want to see how they've improved their techniques and delivery.

Some of the additions add to the original in a fine way, increasing character moments and fleshing out motivations. But the Whispers are an extra narrative entirely that draw attention away from the story of what many consider to be a masterpiece.

But we keep telling you that we aren't complaining that it's not a 1:1 remake.

Now hold up there, I don't think Nomura is that clever.

I havent played the original yet know the entire story simply though cultural osmosis. Reimagining the story was the smartest thing they could've done and 7 purists are too stupid to understand why

HAHAHA nice one as if Nomura will ever get fired.
KH is a golden goose for Square and he is turning FF7R into one as well.
They will never fire him

Why does criticizing a video game make someone an asshole?

He's getting into his 50s but he still lives like a teenager, he's definitely a few years overdue for a major stroke.

I don't want to fucking theorize about what badly written KH fanfic shit happens next.
I wanted to play a remade FF7 with new graphics.
I'm okay with the new combat.
I welcome more side missions, more explorations, more dialogue with characters, more backstory for them. Inconsequential stuff.

I'm not okay with Nomura's rollercoaster of epic time jannies or alternate dimensions.

Attached: 1356996682580.jpg (300x250, 19.17K)

>pads out towns with fetch quests
>"ahhh... the volume of a full game!"

>I havent played the original
user you're proving him right.

Ok well you didn't get that. Sorry.