Which one are you more excited for?

Attached: elden scrolls.jpg (1040x1090, 626.33K)

Lmao

Elden Ring no contest.

Elden Ring. After 76 I genuinely doubt I’ll ever buy a Bethesda game again unless it gets universal praise for being great, which I think there is no chance of.

TESVI has more potential for being a bigger fuck up

Paid mods are practically a guarantee at this point

It’s not even a comparison, why would anyone buy a Bethesda game anymore

Both are gonna be shit.

Excited for? Elder Scrolls 6. I have been into TES lore since before Morrowind and actually own Redguard era PGE...honestly there is not much that can kill my enthusiasm for the series.
Which one do I expect to be a better game? Elden Ring.
Investment in the series, especially now that metaplot is going into a completely different direction.

Is there anything exciting about TES6?

>Bethesda auto leveling enemies M1 spam """""combat""""
lol

>open world "games"
hard pass on both of these

Neither of those are roguelites, so no thanks, senpai.

Neither.

Mods can't save the shitty combat that it will have.

Elden Ring. The only way I could be remotely excited for TES6 would be if they decided to set it in one of the more interesting, non generic medieval fantasy locations or brought Kirkbride back and gave him a bigger role.

The whole fucking world is waiting for TES IV, but of course Yas Forums retard contrarians will say "literally who" Elder Ring.

they are using a lot of new tech, so there is at least that

elden ring
it asks for your opinion, not societys opinion

call me a contrarian if you want to but the last couple of games bethesda has put out were shit

But Oblivion came out ages ago you dunce, why would anyone wait for it.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BGS can choke on a skip of dicks.

>new tech
But aren't they using the same engine that hasn't worked for their last few games? If so ES6 is going to be a dumpster fire.

Fair enough

Skyrim was an excellent game and popularized the open-world trend. Every franchise went open-world after it.
FO 4 was a good game.
76 is (was?) shit.

kek

popularized the open-world design*

>Skyrim was an excellent game

>LOOK HOW EDGY AND CONTRARIAN AND HARDCORE I AM DURR

There is a pre and post Skyrim games industry.
Facts only, please.

>game by guy who consistently pumps out ludo on a regular basis to the point where even his worst work (DS3) was GOTY of its launch year
>vs. pic related

This is a dumb fucking comparison. I'm not even NOT excited for TESVI, but come on user

Attached: small todd.png (64x66, 8.55K)

lol that set you off huh

you are edgy, hardcore and contrarian if you don't think that skyrim was an excellent game?
are you ok?

ER i stopped buying Bethesda games after Oblivion

skyrim has easily the most boring combat in any open world game to date

skyrim was pretty shit desu

Shitty, weebcrap, overhyped, linear and boring game
vs
Trendsetting RPG series that are fucking masterpieces IN SPITE of its flaws and lack of polish.

Retard, please.

I'm sure the next TES experience will be even more streamlined and accessible by gutting systems that even your room temp IQ consumer will be able to play it.

Literal, unironic fanboyism.

Cope Howard

>Trendsetting RPG series
Name all games Skyrim has inspired, retard.

I'll need to see some gameplay. Where is the gameplay

user let me explain how an engine works. Basically in ye olde times game developers, who were mostly very good software developers, had to code every aspect of the game and during the eras of consoles like N64 renderers and shaders would be written just from scratch.
Eventually the idea of engines appeared, but it is also in reality just a collection of tools that is coded and tailored for a certain kind of a game usually with engines like Unity and Unreal now trying to cover as wide of a scope as possible.
The engine that Bethesda is using is not inherently bad, they could keep the level editor and various functionality that is useful for the modularity that it has, but replace specifically the broken "tool" that the engine has and has plagued it for a while.
The biggest thing is that I personally know that they are implementing a new global illumination engine and in addition to that they have shown in the anniversary video that they are switching to a hyper realistic photogrammetry asset pipeline...I do not believe that their old implementation of the engine can even handle assets like that properly. There is a good chance that they will rewrite the engine enough for it to be good.
The main issue is never the engine, at all, that is like saying that a car is bad on itself and not because of the manufacturers that produce it. Bethesda has historically had bad coding team, that is why their games are the way they are.

The one that is actually going to be good, ie the top one

FromSoftware games are the most overrated garbage this industry has ever seen. Literally a meme. The only reason people pretend to like this crap is to "fit in" with "real gamers".

It's current year. Stop praising linear, low-effort crap.

>linear
that's a good thing
>low-effort
like this bait

dont care about either until i see gameplay

Attached: 1562295079687.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

Eiji Aonuma said that Skyrim was a major influence for Breath of the Wild, CDPR said that Skyrim was used as a template on how to make an open world when they were designing the world of Witcher 3, in addition to that the entire sandboxification of every fucking game for the past ten years was influenced by Skyrims success.
Skyrim is among the top 20 most selling games of all time, literally everyone played it.

>linear
>good
Lmfao. Let me guess... Snoytard?

What games would you consider "high effort"?

don't bully him, consoletards don't have many games to play...

It's closer to saying the car is bad because of the manufacturing equipment used to make it is crap which is true a true statement

Thank you, user.

Get fucked, fatso.

TES6 is uninteresting, Elden Ring could be interesting possibly maybe.

>tab back into my game
>desktop notification from 4chanX
>excited, finally an intellectual reply
>"Get fucked, fatso."
*farts in your face*

Elden Ring, if even that. Bamco seems to make FromSoft make worse games:
>DS1 was rushed but fun
>DS2 was garbo
>BB was good
>DS3 was garbo
>Sekiro was good
So we enroute to getting something disappointing.

Popularized the open world trend? How fucking STUPID can you be? GTA popularized open world before everyone else you stupid fuck. Stop spouting stupid shit you know nothing about.

Fucking hell, Yas Forums used to be one of the decent places to talk about gaming even if people say stupid shit from time to time but recent dumbass migrants like you shat up the site even more with stupid fucking statements like this. Please fucking lurk before posting or get the fuck out. Fucking dumbass.

>open world garbage
>good
you must be retarded

only the rushed games with cut content are garbo, no surprise there. hope the quarantine delays the game so its not garbo and gets worked on

Definitely ES:VI, I've never liked the look of the gameplay in dark souls games, never tried them but I just don't think I'd like it. Also from what I've read Elden Ring will be effectively devoid of NPCs, which are basically the main point of open world RPGs as far as I'm concerned. You can't really have a good story without NPCs, and you can't have a very enticing world either. Even if elder scrolls 6 isn't any better than skyrim, it will still be amazing.

They might improve combat like they did from Fallout 3 to Fallout 4, hopefully not at to the detriment of everything else like in those games

Souls games are all shit, they feel like console-tier beatem ups.

I'm sorry that you can't feel special in your virgin "true gamer" ecochamber anymore.

>lurk moar
So I can "fit" with your retard contrarians? Lmao, how does it feel to be so pathetic that you get mad when a literal who bursts your bubble in a fucking forum?

Have sex.

>PC neckbeard
>thinks he has many games
pixelated indie shit doesn't count

the interview with the director for elden ring said that it would not have towns with large amounts of life in them, in sekiro he had npcs with actual depth for once (compared to the souls games) and it was a nice change, he said that he would really like to do npcs like that in elden ring. nowhere did he say that it would have no npcs though, just not to expect it to be like other open worlds with 1000 npcs in it.

You are a fucking retard, the kind of blend of RPG mechanics and openworld in TES has nothing to do with openworld mayhem sandbox kind of game that GTA is.
It is an objective fact that every game that could add sandbox and rpg mechanics, added them, and it is a fact that developers of games like Botw and Witcher 3 state Skyrim as its direct inspiration.
Just Cause has to do with GTA, Breath of the Wild is irrelevant to GTA.

Play the games before you spout inane stupid bullshit opinions like that. Let me guess, you only started playing games recently and on consoles? You know how I know your opinion doesn't count for shit? Because you give opinions about, mind you, critically-acclaimed games you DIDN'T play.

>snoy
>games

Name a few better games.

not him but lurk two years before posting dumb newfag

>Skyrim was an excellent game and popularized the open-world trend
Why would you go around telling people you're 12?

>games I don't like don't count
did you know that games are developed and tested on PC?
jets'n'guns, crypt of the necrodancer, worms ultimate mayhem