What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 3499317-dmc5-box.jpg (960x960, 168.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uFQakkMgNCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not much honestly.
V is kinda lame.
No playable Vergil.
Not enough missions for them to be split across 3 playable characters
No Coop Bloody Palace or Turbo for Consoles (even though this doesn't apply to me, it's still cringe)

nothing i love it

V isn't fun and Nero is boring for the first playthrough

shitty story, shitty levels, bad enemy designs, same old combat.

Nero is the main protagonist, again
V is half a character and kinda boring to play and is a bad replacement for playable Vergil
The overly realistic visuals and artstyle ill suited for this type of game
Game goes hard on western appeal and has lost part of its old charm
Gameplay is casualized and skill ceiling got nerfed for no good reason
Barren level design
Story is on par with 4, which all things considered is pretty bad.
OST is nothing like in the previous games.
Not enough improvements or content for a game that supposedly had a full development cycle.
Definitely not what one would expect after 10 years hiatus.

Lack of Vergil
Not enough great bosses
Too many V-mandatory missions
By far the best game in the franchise still

This

It’s not without flaws but it’s easily the best DMC title and I would argue one of the best action games ever made. There are things I would change, there are other games that do specific things better (than the DMC franchise as a whole), but god damn if DMC5 isn’t fucking toppest-tier

Literally only gripe is that some enemies in DMD are way too tanky

other than that, straight 10/10

Not much really, it's a great game

What went right? It's a DMC game.

V plummeted the game from an 8 to a 2

Anyone tried this? Thoughts?
youtu.be/uFQakkMgNCI

much slower than 4 even with turbo mode it still suck

Tameem got his stink and vision all over it.

The one saving grace was supposed to be the Bloody Palace mode which we had to wait for and that turned out to be just as watered down as the game itself was. Overall disappointment.

>air stinger

I played for a couple hours, and don't recall getting to do much besides watch cutscenes and travel to cutscenes. I hated it, and uninstalled.

V
The Dante missions are the best the series has ever been

>daily log-in bonuses
>Gold orb out of the ass and if you don't have any you can just use regular red orbs
>game doesn't even let you die normally
>SDT is cool, but it is an easy "I win" button
>Let's run the story on 3 threads to confuse the player, and also not add anything to the story
>Urizen infected himself with the T-virus
>Here is Vergil THREE TIMES! No you can't have actual Vergil, you have to wait for the special edition
>Lady and Trish were both lame

These are all the things that went wrong.
A lot of things went right as well, I don't want you think I hate the game
>Dante's loadout is customisable
>Nero gained a lot of depth
>Fury are like Blitz, except good
>Only two trash bosses
>Nico was actually fun
>Finally a practice room
>You no longer have to do Bloody Palace in one sitting

>The Dante missions are the best the series has ever been
This, goddamn Dante doesn't have that many missions but he has some fantastic bosses, tough encounters and zero bullshit

Realistic artstyle

Ugly levels and crap level design

Yeah the gameplay is nice, smooth, and has a ton of variety. I just wish we had more levels to exercise them on. Why couldn't we just finish all the missions with one guy after the first playthrough?

V's gameplay is kind of lame
that's about it

Almost nothing, I think DMC5 is easily the best in the series and one of the best action games ever. The one thing I want is less menu navigation before missions and more interactions with Trish and Lady, although they both have their "moment" in the story (Trish's interaction with V about fighting his battles and Lady's interaction with Nero about family)

It's not Dragon's Dogma 2.
fuck you crapcom

Itsuno specifically chose to do DMC5 before DD2, I'm sure it's his next project

No, no! Stop hating V

Too much DmC is some areas and none of it in aspects that actually might've added to the game. For example, giving Nero the option of going to or bringing his enemies to him and also allowing enemies to block or dodge it so it's not such a crutch. Also, giving Dante's combos some new inputs to make his combos different from 3 and 4's for Rebellion would've been a good addition for the sake of veriety.

Bland as toast. Nothing here is memorable. Even Vergil is a watered down version of himself. He used to have flare and presence but now he just stands there giving pretty unmemorable responses to everyone and getting his ass kicked more than any other time in the series. Not to mention the music, the stages and the enemies all being meh. Even the returning ones were more interesting looking before.

The story is obvious and pretty mediocre. The fanservice is so overblown it's actually in the way. Seeing them trying to pull off the Eva death scene was awful. It's like they went down a list of things that needed to happen rather than actually making it prominent or significant, and that super, over, emotional song was the worst.

This is a personal gripe but it plays too much like 4. I've been playing that game for over a decade and I wanted more changes, more variety, from 4 than what 5 gives. I wanted the game to be it's own thing, not just more and more of what 4 is. It's like playing new stages for 4 rather than it's own game.

Attached: artbook_05.jpg (460x728, 228.85K)

>Even Vergil is a watered down version of himself. He used to have flare and presence but now he just stands there giving pretty unmemorable responses to everyone and getting his ass kicked more than any other time in the series.
Spot on. It barely feels like the same character.
Lines like
>Fine. If that's how you wish to die.
>Say that until you win, if you can.
Are so damn flat.

The bad environments and less than half the missions being Dante are the worst parts. Everything else is minor. I want good Dante gameplay is good environments and they just won't give me enough.

>it's another "let's pretend this game is shit" episode

DMC5 is honestly, unironically, my favorite game of all time, but it still has a bunch of flaws. There's no reason to not discuss them.

Attached: 1561091928481.png (483x470, 183.71K)

Can't start on SoS