Lockdown boredom

>Lockdown boredom.
>Decide to play Nintendo's Zelder game out of desperation.
>its completely fucking brilliant

Why did you lie to me?

Attached: the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch-hero.jpg (1920x1080, 547.63K)

Good game but lots of problems.

>no enemy variety at all - only like 5 enemy types throughout the entire game
>overworld is completely empty
>only 4 "dungeons"
>all shrines are babby tier easy
>Ubisoft tower shit
>boring collectathon content (Korok)
>all divine beasts are easy since they can be fought in any order
>Calamity Ganon is a joke

Always do the opposite of what Yas Forums says.

Get back to me once the honeymoon phase is over.

OP got Stockholm Syndrome from a video game

Attached: 1576259086764.jpg (260x194, 5.45K)

I played it after shitting on it for months online. It was ok for the time I did play it. It's true that it does have a lack on content in general, but it's still a solid 7/10 or so.

This

They can't shut up about dark souls so o tried them and holy shit are they bad

I'm convinced people just pretend to like them for reddit points, haha 'you died' epic bro this game is so hard therefore it is good :')

It's a solid 7/10.

I've put over 400 hours into this game and I still replay it. It is that fucking good.

>all shrines are babby tier easy
not true whatsoever. The actual problem with the shrines are that half of them are combat shrines which involve fighting the same robot, over and over and over.

Don't ever reply to me again namefag.

>Why did you lie to me?
Yas Forums hates every game it hasn't played but can talk about in a believable fashion.

Because it's a hit or miss with people. If you can come up with your own goals, you will most likely enjoy the game and if you need a carrot on a stick, you probably wont.

The only thing Yas Forums wants is attention, not good games.
Never ever forget that.
Fuck you, yes, Yas Forums is one person, suck my dick.

If I wanted to make my own fun there are like a dozen other games that are better for that than BotW.

How to tell if a games is bad in one easy step.

1. Ask yourself: Does Yas Forums say it's bad?

If the answer is "Yes" then the game is not bad and is probably actually incredibly good.

It's not for everyone. Some people can't find enjoyment in doiny dumb shit until physics makes it work.
I hated the motion sensor shrines, but I love to solve them with an obtuse way. Going into them, doing it upside down, stasis.

>listening to Yas Forums

It's not really Ubisoft towers though. Unlike Ubisoft towers, they just reveal the topography of the surrounding area. It doesn't put a shitload of blips or points of interest or sidequests on your map. It leaves it to you to explore.
Everything else you said is correct though. Once you've played the game once and have seen the world, there's nothing left. The dungeons suck, the abundance of shrines is a chore, there's no sense of meaningful progression, and enemy variety is shit.
The first time through feels great but the burnout is quick.

Your a fucking idiot this game is top 5 overrated trash of all time.

Congratulations to your personal taste, I guess?

git gud lol

People on this board always have such specific criticisms for open world games but I can't for the life of me figure out what you're comparing these games to that you even pick up on the supposed problems. People here still replay fucking skyrim but every superior open world since has "so many problems" that aren't even important.

Tell me Yas Forums, what are the top 5 open world games of this decade and then ask "how many of these 5 are regularly bitched about on this board".

Fucking this. You hear everyone bitch about "Ubisoft towers" but NOBODY explains why there a bad thing.

filtered

Attached: cake.jpg (300x300, 42.36K)

I mean when Ubisoft does them they're obnoxious things that make me groan, like an annoying chore, but in Zelda they're bigger, fewer, more significant, and you can glide off of them. But more importantly most of them are treated like puzzles and comparable to shrines for that. So It's not just "oh great another fucking tower to climb".

They're not even a bad gimmick. People only got mad because of how overused they were, even in games where they made little sense.

And we get thread after thread from that anti-fandom with a hate boner for CDPR, about all the vague or insignificant problems with Witcher 3 or a lot of bullshit about Cyberpunk, but they never say anything substantial about the games.

This board just bitches about open world games in general and have some weird holy standard for them that no game actually falls under.

>its got lots of problems
>proceeds to make up lies and talk complete shit

Welcome to BotW threads I guess.

fpbp

Pretty much how Yas Forums talks about any open world game. Just look at how they talk about games not even out yet. "The character's hair is different in this ad compared to another despite it being confirmed the game will have customization options, this is a sign it's going to bomb bad." Or all those witcher 3 threads where you have to squint to tell which image they're spamming is supposed to be the original and which is the "downgrade".

There's only 20 combat shrines
Out of 120 shrines

>>no enemy variety at all - only like 5 enemy types throughout the entire game
This is not true.
>>overworld is completely empty
This is not true.
>>only 4 "dungeons"
How is this a 'problem'?
>>all shrines are babby tier easy
Compared to what?
>>Ubisoft tower shit
They behave nothing like Ubisoft towers.
>>boring collectathon content (Korok)
You do not have to collect a fucking thing. And even then the koroks are better implemented into the gameplay than collectables in other open world games.
>>all divine beasts are easy since they can be fought in any order
True. Same for shrines.
>>Calamity Ganon is a joke
First stage is a perfectly fine boss battle. Second stage is just for the spectacle. But whatever, all the boss fights weak. Overworld minibosses are better.

I loved it the first 4-6 hours and after that it started to drop off hard. Looking forward to BotW2 if they do proper dungeons and there's more actual shit in the overworld.

I played this followed by the Link’s Awakening remake and LA felt more lovingly crafted in every way imo, especially dungeons.

If a game is any of the following

1) is critically acclaimed
2) achieves mass market appeal
3) is an exclusive

Yas Forumsbabbies will hate it.

Not him but
>enemies
Yiga clan members with different weapons
Moblins
Lizfalos
Bokoblin
Various robes
Octorocks
Bats
Lynel
Guardians and their children
Overall this enemy variety isnt that good
I agree the overworld is good, but I do wish there was a bit more
>implying fewer dungeons is good
Should've had at least 8, most optional.

>Trusting Yas Forums
>Ever

Attached: 1586142079279.gif (700x913, 118.35K)

It's the classic problem of believing your cool kids club is more important and relevant than it is.

Everyone fucking praises a game but a handful of babies on Yas Forums? To them that means reddit loves it. You know, that small isolated and totally conformist group of maybe 5 people called reddit. The reality is that this board and this site have become less and less relevant and important to internet discourse and opinion in the last decade. This place is irrelevant.

There were people here cheering about how they totally called it that outer worlds failed and was terrible. Meanwhile outside of that bubble half this board still loved it, and the rest of the fucking internet was all over. It was a success. But here reality was different.