Why are so many people bad at Geography?

Why are so many people bad at Geography?

Attached: 1538865902658s.jpg (125x99, 2.41K)

because it takes a decent amount of staring at maps to understand where things are and not everybody is autistic.

It's not taught in schools + people, in general, don't give a shit about other countries.

because many people (4.25% of the world) are americans

Geography is one of those things that are pretty easy if you have an interest in it but are quite hard otherwise.
People just don't give a fuck about where the Pinatubo is user.

If you can't name at least 150 countries on a map you're a subhuman and don't belong on Yas Forums

One girl I went to college with couldn't point out India on a map.

because its not important for anything

I wouldn't judge someone for not knowing Iceland or Nepal, but I'm astonished grown adults can't find Russia or Brazil.

Cartography is beautiful

Attached: 1280px-El_mar_Mediterráneo_en_el_Atlas_catalán_de_Cresques_Abraham.jpg (1280x853, 536.85K)

because
>who cares lol
you cant really argue with that desu

>user, why on earth would I know where the fuck is "Liatchstetein" located? Are you kidding me?

people who can't point their own country on a map probably do know some stuff that is more useless than cartography user

don't care about whatever point you're trying to make dont @me unless you have something relevant to say about my post thanks

Earth

Imagine wasting your time learning the capitol of 100 irrelevant meme countries.

>people who can't point their own country on a map probably do know some stuff that is more useless than cartography user
Doubt.mp3

Only human trash are THAT bad in geography

Does anyone else have a good picture of the world from playing Vic 2?

Nah but I learnt a shitton of traditional geographical regions from Europa Universalis.

Victoria mostly uses cities and modern regions.

you would be surprised

Thank you for that. That just sent me down a tunnel of research.

Imagine being an uneducated frog retard

>It's not taught in schools
?

Some people (in Australia) can't even name all the states and inland territories of Australia (excluding Jervis Bay Territory). There only fucking 8

I'm talking about American schools. I'm sure they taught you geography in Sweden but when I was in school, I watched a black kid sucker punch a mexican because they were arguing over which hiding spot to take during our yearly school shooter drill.
No I am not joking.

Not enough EU4 / HoI4 gameplay

Attached: PerfectReich.png (1920x1080, 3.68M)

It's irrelevant in daily life unlike stuff like math, physics or chemistry
>oh, dear, do you happen to know where's east timor?

I'm surprised they're allowed to sell this game in Germany.

It's the austrian version, its uncensored.

How is it censored in Germany?

The flag ofc and all Nazi Leaders are just shadowed out.
In germany it is allowed to display all of the 3rd Reichs glory when its for educational and / or artistic reasons but since you can make them win in HoI4, its not allowed.
I can see where this reasoning is coming from but for 2020 its not suiteble enough any more.
Oh well, I can bypass it so I don't care desu

>but since you can make them win in HoI4, its not allowed.
kek