A chinaman's experience in tanzania (africa)

>Recalling the memory as a Chinese student (my name Li Guaiqiong) I first came to Tanzania as a volunteer to teach Chinese language.

>Then I loved the country and motivated to apply to become a PhD student at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM).

>However, before that in 2017 while still in China, one of my teachers told me it is better to choose an African country with better friendly relations with us, what came into mind was Tanzania.

>I think there were two main reasons: The first reason is that, at that time, like many Chinese people, I did not know much about Africa with its many countries, but I could only name it because it was in the lips of many people in the streets.

>The second reason is that I remembered the history of the Sino-Tanzanian friendship from the history textbook at my middle school.

>The textbook also contained a portrait of Julius Nyerere. He has such a kind face, just like anyone's grandfather.

>So I thought, if a country has such a founding father, its citizens must be kind as well.

>My teachers, friends and parents expressed concern when they heard that I was going to Africa.

>They had never been to Africa, and have little knowledge about Africa. The information they had was limited to the hot climate, poverty and a flood of diseases.

>But with the revolution of the implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative, Chinese people now have more and more comprehensive knowledge of African countries.

>In September 2017 with a disturbed heart, I finally came to Tanzania and started my life here. It has been more than two years.

>I was slowly getting to know this beautiful country by the Indian Ocean. At the beginning, I was a stranger to this country, but now I regard it as my second home. There is no extreme heat here as I imagined.

Attached: 1588181862918.jpg (1024x768, 527.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailynews.co.tz/news/2020-04-275ea6bc1006e3a.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The biggest economical city, Dar es Salaam, is on the Coast, where people can enjoy enough sea breeze. Many inland provinces have a cooler climate due to high altitude.

>Speaking of poverty, because Tanzania is still in the process of development, what I see is that although many people do not have much money, they work hard to maintain their livelihood every day.

>They always maintain an optimistic attitude and enjoy a peaceful life. Although the medical institutions here are not very advanced, they already have their own treatment to diseases like malaria, and it is effective.

>Seeing is believing, and after seeing the real Tanzania with my own eyes, I let my guard down.

>I began to integrate into Tanzanian life by communicating with classmates, teachers, and getting more Tanzanian friends.

>The key to adapt to the life of a new place is having friends to help you. I want to thank my Tanzanian friends who have given me a hand. I still remember the first time I took a bus to the National Library at Posta.

>I asked for directions from a Tanzania girl who was about to take a bus there. She spent ten minutes to walk me to the library.

>I cannot forget the times I played volleyball with some teachers at the University of Dar es Salaam. At the end of the game, it was usually getting dark.

>After getting to know that I had concerns about my safety walking home alone, they offered to take turns driving me home.

>I cannot forget, while I was teaching Chinese at UDSM, my students brought me home-cooked dishes as gifts.

built for BBC

>I cannot forget there was one time I saw a peddler selling fresh mangoes on the roadside.

>I picked mangoes but realised that I had forgotten to bring money.

>The peddler said that I could take the mangoes, and bring money to him the next day, because he will still be there.

>Honestly, it feels great to be trusted by a stranger.

>There are so many lovely stories which occurred during my stay in Tanzania, and it is impossible to share them all at once.

>I am always moved to tears when I recall them. I shared my story with my Chinese friends and asked them why I was treated so well here.

>They said, "Because you treat them as true friends, so they treat you the same way."
dailynews.co.tz/news/2020-04-275ea6bc1006e3a.aspx

Attached: Flag-Pins-China-Tanzania_600x600.jpg (400x320, 23.55K)

Good on him I guess

sounds like something that a jew would made up

>sounds like something that a jew would made up
How exaclty?
There are some chinese people in africa that have good experiences with africans.

he looks really twinky

Poor little Chinkboy.

Because it goes against the narrative. Any slight violation of his Yas Forumsmasters message is Jewish subversion.

it's about black people but it's positive

Africans are really nice on a personal level until they become worked up about something.

Mutts are more likely to be awful (British, american, french, etc. )

Much like how the statements "Chinese people are short" and "there are tall Chinese people" are not mutually exclusive, it is also true that there are very friendly and kind African people, yet the first words to come to mind to describe African societies would not be "generous, kind, loving". You don't have to be a Yas Forums tier hardcore white nationalist to realize that interpersonal interactions in Africa are pretty fucked up most of the time.

>Blacks are super violent murderous rapists
>I'm totally not a racist Yas Forums white nationalist though

Isn't reflective of the truth in my country, most ethnicities and religions banded against the previous government. Sounds like yet another brainlet attempt to corroborate your personal memes

>yet the first words to come to mind to describe African societies would not be "generous, kind, loving"
Honestly the first thing that would come to mind just poor
Most of the western world was killing eachother for a millenium only to stop after ww2
Africa, though had its wars none was as big as Europe's wars and Africa's population has only exploded recently since the 1960's
>interpersonal interactions in Africa are pretty fucked up most of the time
I wouldn't state that, your probably just thinking about the poorest african countries like the eastern DRC and somalia, most of africa isn't like that

bump

Attached: Maps-of-Human-Development-Index-HDI-for-six-selected-years-over-the-study-period-of.png (850x830, 202.76K)

chinks treating the africans as true friends sounds too good to be true

>chinks treating the africans as true friends sounds too good to be true
The dude is a uni student not a construction worker
Obviously he would be a bit kinder

bump

Attached: d4bed9d5345511a0508107.jpg (600x400, 64.61K)

bumpaoit

Attached: 1586378946721.jpg (918x494, 76.99K)

bumpfj

Attached: tumblr_nm37kxx6XF1qghc1jo1_1280.jpg (770x825, 121.34K)

Where do I find more comics like this?

>NIGER

I have no Idea who actually made it

Attached: bolivia-botswana-it-is-in-the-middle-of-trade-n-a-3472467.png (500x702, 56.04K)

>My state is poorer than Iran
wtf

Where do I find a hopelessly Westernized Somali gf?

Do you have any real experience with Africa? Maybe you're just operating on memes.
Most African people I met were chill.
Idiotic black and white thinking. Typical.

Is that your story or are you quoting?

xD!

Nobody cares if it's not negative.

This is true