Lift the ban on cigarette sales in South Africa

We were given 1 days notice of the banning of cigarette sales during the lockdown, which is really unfair and spiteful.

Withdrawel of nicotine has serious effects on a lot of people and is especially elevated because of the stress and fear happening in our country.

It causes, amongst others, depression and anxiety and because we are in lockdown, most people will lash out and maybe even hurt loved ones unintentionally.

Uplifting the ban would, amongst other things save jobs, bring more money into the state coffers, stimulate the economy, and decrease the psychological impact on us South Africans of the lockdown period.

Please dont turn us into criminals, Mr President.

The measure of a man is what he does with power.
change.org/p/president-cyril-ramaphosa-lift-the-ban-on-cigarette-sales-in-south-africa?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_21376748_en-GB:v10&recruiter=340191983&recruited_by_id=0a7746b0-26c5-11e5-a26c-1d8b06466769&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi

Attached: JoAzFrewnjAnTMA-800x450-noPad.jpg (480x270, 17K)

Don't be a degenerate smoker then. Ban them for good.

Doesn't nicotine protect against the virus?
Very few smokers got symptomatic.
Not a reason to start smoking, but a bad time to quit.

cope

>20% have HIV
>All the cunts in township's have TB
>No way of supporting a welfare state
>25%+ unemployment before this
>Ungovernable township's are a huge chunk of the population
>Police underfunded before this
>No grog
>No cigs
>All the economy is exports and tourism
Lmao you're fucked

Apparently smoking encourages people to gather and flaunt social distancing guidelines.Some people also share cigarettes which could lead to the increase of the infection rate.

Get fucked, smoking fag

I stopped smoking two months ago and I want to kys myself

I stopped smoking because of Corona fears and it has worked really well for me

It's your occasion to quit once and for all. Exploit it.

shut the fuck up incel if you live in uk and don't smoke I can guarantee that you NEVER had sex

I quit about a month back, it really doesn't help your chances if you'd get it. It's not that hard tbf, I had smoked for going on 8 years and it wasn't bad at all, just don't light one up. Going for a full ban seems a bit exceccive though

>Fish_staring_at_empty_hook.waffle

>No way of supporting a welfare state
The elderly,people with disabilities,children under the age 18 born into poverty,foster parents and the recently unemployed,do receive a monthly welfare allowance from the government.
>All the economy is exports and tourism
Same with the rest of world where those sectors have basically seized to operate.

t. bydlo

H-how did you know?

Attached: 1413934708282.png (400x400, 26.56K)

It does seem so. In London I saw tons of trashy girls smoking, drinking and vomiting in the streets on friday night. Easy fuck, if you offer them alcohol or cigarettes.

same rule applies to every country
don't smoke = don't drink = sociopath = incel = social reject

Lol smoking brings no one together Alcohol does and with this ban lifted u can buy a beer to enjoy in ure own home or wine whatever tickles your fancy

Lol smoking brings no one together Alcohol does and with this ban lifted u can buy a beer to enjoy in ure own home or wine whatever tickles your fancy

Easy workaround there buddy, just smoke when you drink. It's 80% of the fun and social benefits of smoking with maybe 25%of the damage to your system

In your shithole country maybe. Or, most likely, in your mind only.

lift the ban on all drugs; the state is an inherently violent entity that needs to be abolished.

Attached: pp,550x550.jpg (550x310, 21.45K)

alcohol should be banned too

Unironically true.

dont smoke dumbfuck

I haven't smoked in almost two months now I think

In the black townships and colored Cape Flats people share cigarettes at social gatherings.The ban is clearly aimed at preventing Covid-19 from spreading there like wildfire.

you realy have no understanding of what you are saying what you are referring to is Alcohol not smokes

I was referring cigarettes.In the townships poor folk can’t afford to buy a full box of cigarettes and often share single lit cigs with their friends.

i wish to see your iq test results how can some one share smokes if they not allowed outside in the first place common sense is not sold in the market u were last in line

Cigarettes are not essential goods. Deal with it.

>essential goods
Lmao imagine having your country cucked so much eveything other than essential businesses are closed down

Non-essential businesses are open here.

But for South Africa, the rules are different, so they must deal with it.

Yeah but takeaway and bottleshops are counted as essential and were starting to open up Saturday with 80 deaths

>how can some one share smokes if they not allowed outside in the first place common
You’re referring to the suburbs and apartment complexes.In the overcrowded townships it’s almost to social distance.That rational as stated in my previous replies was used to justify the continued ban on cigarettes.