Is disco the ultimate pleb filter, Yas Forums?

is disco the ultimate pleb filter, Yas Forums?

Attached: 2303BB55-0D49-4F31-AADF-F38B707E1037.jpg (960x540, 125.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbYcte4ZEgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dnMtmaLkfUI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWurqD68u70
youtube.com/watch?v=EE8E2zfar5E
youtube.com/watch?v=t5Vp48Uf-4s
youtube.com/watch?v=nv0peny62q4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y151-ov0cY
youtube.com/watch?v=uWPahLc-j5w
youtube.com/watch?v=qFhdJjjFe5k
youtube.com/watch?v=NmeNB-WOy2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. Plebs get scared because it's a single genre so they can't substitute any of its albums for their lack of a personality.

Singles*

No it gay daaaaaaaa

yes

saying "disco sux" is boomer rockist tier shit. you're on the level of a 60 year old who thinks good music ended with ac/dc.

ac/dc did mark the end of good music

>draws influences from all genres
>no 2deep4u bullshit just here for a good time
>pushed the evolution of electronic music

it's the chad genre and that's why rock incels couldn't handle it

It sure is.
If you listen to and like disco, you are a PLEB!

>Pre '77 Disco
kino
>Post '77 Disco
Garbage or Well-meaning Eurotrash

No. I used to think so but only because it became trendy to do so. It's not terrible but most of it is boring commercial music.

thanks chads. rock lost its rhythm so disco took over

>most of it is boring commercial music
Confirmed for post SNF babby.

youtube.com/watch?v=zbYcte4ZEgQ
Here's a song for you OP, faggot

It still amazes me that people think the entire scene dried up once the 70's ended instead of moving back underground. Post-disco and early electronic dance is just fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=dnMtmaLkfUI

Attached: logg.jpg (600x600, 57.01K)

disco is cringe as fuck. funk is still based though
youtube.com/watch?v=bWurqD68u70

I still can't believe this man got away with leading a public chimpout over losing his job and somehow came out a hero.

Attached: chimp.jpg (1200x786, 236.83K)

Why can't we like both?

yes. disco demolition night is one of the biggest cringefests America ever produced

Disco is great like here bro here is a 20 minute track with a full band and orchestra and a 3 minute percussion break. Going to Paradise Garage/The Loft reunions are great because you just feel the soul in the tracks and no one can help but feel good and groove.

youtube.com/watch?v=EE8E2zfar5E
youtube.com/watch?v=t5Vp48Uf-4s
youtube.com/watch?v=nv0peny62q4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y151-ov0cY
youtube.com/watch?v=uWPahLc-j5w
youtube.com/watch?v=qFhdJjjFe5k

What i was meaning to say with that first line was that the musicianship is insane. Top tier musicians.

Disco is funk appropriated for whiteys

... I, what? Do you even know the histories of funk and disco? Like, at all?

perhaps after SNF when disco because the "in" thing and everyone was making shitty disco (star wars disco theme etc.). Disco Demo night/"Disco Sucks" was done mostly by white people and it was more a protest against a changing format from rock radio (it is also noted that the records burned weren't just disco but also just black and latin artists). So your point isnt totally valid. And plus funk is totally incorporated in disco, as disco is just more centered around dancing/night clubs.

George Clinton hated disco for the reasons this user gives, so user adopted this stance as proof of authenticity

"Disco is funky when you take one record at a time. It's just that they narrowed it down to one beat to try to corner the market on a particular music. And when you do that with rhythm - talk about something that will get on your nerves. Try to make love with one stroke. Somebody will tell you to fax it in." - George Clinton

"If you got a booty, you're going to dance to disco, funk, you know, whatever's going on. Funk is going to be involved in it." - George Clinton

It seems like he was fine with Disco but didn't like the over abundance of it. Like they just have the formula for disco and they make rhythms with no feeling. I could be wrong, I dont really know how to articulate what im thinking at the moment. Lemme know what you take from this.

No, rap is worse.

My uncle lived in NYC back then and he said in the late 70s, the happening things there were disco and punk--not many rawkfags. He went on a trip to Colorado in 77 and dudes still had long hair and Led Zeppelin and Bachman-Turner Overdrive were king.

Try and understand just how much disco became a horribly overbloated shitshow in 78-79. People wanted to reach for a pair of ear plugs every time a Bee Gees song came on the radio.

maybe if it was 1977
everyone loves disco now

this track was in Climax (2018)
youtube.com/watch?v=NmeNB-WOy2s

I understand this, we may be thinking of different forms of disco.
Some of the things we think of today in night club culture or electronic/dance music was started in NY during that exact time. Also Post-Disco started springing up during this time too.
Radio is not where disco got to become the important genre we know now. Radio format didnt play anything longer than like 3 minutes and on top of that Radio didnt even sound that good. The Paradise Garage soundsystem was SO GOOD that it is literally still used today. It is just two different worlds, listening to a 3 minute BeeGees track on your radio and an 8 minute First Choice track on the best sound system in the world (at that time)

House>Disco

Literally the same thing just a different time. The name "House" comes from the name of the club The Warehouse. People would go to record stores looking for the music they played there, not knowing what to call it they would refer to it as "Warehouse Music" or just "House Music"

any good disco compillations?