What's been the must musical discovery you've had during quarantine?

What's been the must musical discovery you've had during quarantine?

I've been deep diving into old Memphis rap and digging the fuck out of it

Attached: 3ywiqq.jpg (725x500, 63.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIneK71G6Rg
blackhandpath.bandcamp.com/album/these-niggas-is-at-it-again
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I started listening to nu metal

i bought all of the early mothers of invention albums and listened to every one for the first time

I've been getting into some black metal. I've found some bands that are well produced and aren't nazi.

this shit is so underrated, every song on the album is good or great

Attached: 91y-n4wn94L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 296.62K)

Bandcamp Am-prim has been fun but this album is by far my fav album I've found from a new artist.
Avant-folk jazz(?)- folk

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 21.03K)

Mark Kozelek's body of work is almost as massive as his actual body.
how many albums does this absolute madman have? beyond just his shit with RHP, SKM and his solo work, he's also got a bunch of collab projects that keep popping up. all he does is eat, shit, sleep and make music.

Attached: mk.jpg (1385x1913, 808.98K)

this one caught my attention

Attached: Mike Dean 4-20.jpg (1200x1200, 121.81K)

I gave American football and some shoegaze bands a listen. was ok

theres this band called radiohead

youtube.com/watch?v=kIneK71G6Rg

Did you listen to the spoken word album yet? I had it on while I was moving out of my apartment and I had to stop and laugh multiple times. I don't understand why his boomer ramblings are so enjoyable to listen to. His podcastcore albums have been supremely comfy in light of quarantine.

Attached: cute mark pics.jpg (2048x1134, 91.38K)

Go on

blackhandpath.bandcamp.com/album/these-niggas-is-at-it-again
this

Attached: a0765778644_16.jpg (700x700, 128.07K)

I remember obscurant or whatever by them. It was almost really good

This one is pretty damn good, especially the song "Actual Mental Illness" the announcement on their youtube said it was all done in 6 days. def check it out

Cool, I'll check it out when I'm in a more aggressive music mood

Did you just say "go mom"?

Attached: Screenshot_20200429-165444.jpg (1890x1079, 364.15K)

I just discovered dungeon synth and im listening to a lot of burzum

hell yeah brother
check out some Lamentation

Attached: cover.jpg (1699x1552, 914.88K)

i started listening to jarboe’s solo stuff and am slowly realizing it’s superior to anything swans ever put out

Pic related, 10/10. Digging their first album right now. They say it's better but damn Brave Murder Day is good.

Attached: R-9042843-1473776018-7861.jpeg.jpg (298x300, 13.01K)

Real talk, you guys really need to fucking understand that the following months are going to be unthinkable. You must understand that no matter how prepared you think you are, no matter how much you think you know, you won't be ready. And I fear it's too late to do anything about it, until after.

Your entire worldview, no matter how accurate it's been up to this point, will be shattered, and that's not easy no matter how jaded, desensitized or smart you are.
The fact that it's starting to seep through the cracks means it's already done, and we can't do anything to stop what's coming.

We're going to move beyond the realm of possibility, and unless you prepare the chock of it will get you. It's almost got me, and I still can't believe it.
You know, I really fucking hope I lost my mind. I mean, it would be so much fucking easier, and I'd gladly go insane and get locked up for life if it means I'm wrong. Anyway, if you've ever listened to me during all of this, if you've ever felt you could trust me, then do it now.

Just let go of everything you think, because everything you think is wrong.

Attached: coronablackandwhite.jpg (871x1200, 362.77K)

Huh?

I played Pathologic 2 so I'm prepared

This shits really good thanks for the rec user

I've just been listening to my regular rotation with some added "Yas Forums makes an album" tracks if it counts. Oh, also some extra pop stuff but I heard that years ago.

Nothing's really changed.
Still got my job.
Still going to school, albeit online
This is all literally just a meme dudes.

Attached: 1587685029507.jpg (768x1024, 172.62K)

finally started listening to tom waits. i only ever heard drunk on the moon and the shrek 2 song and diving into his discography as a whole has been fascinating, i cant describe how his music makes me feel. i was surprised to find out hes from california, just his voice alone sounds like a seedy train station or a bar on a snowy night in chicago. s'good stuff lads.

this was dogshit imo, or at least the first third of it

embrace being lucky for once, you fucking idiot

My old high school buddy found a copy of that on CD in his mom’s attic when we were kids. Good stuff. Look into Fairport Convention and Richard Thompson if you want more.