Why is pop punk so darn good Yas Forums? Any recommendations?

Why is pop punk so darn good Yas Forums? Any recommendations?

Attached: f83f3751190c94d52e51bf607b242933.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 107.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6t4IVxfNc
youtube.com/watch?v=NAf8IRn6Hso
youtube.com/watch?v=yrLMETs5HaY
youtube.com/watch?v=E1j36A6UW3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you'd like a cock up your ass

The story so far's entire catalog
Neck deeps first few albums (Lifes not out to get you is ESSENTIAL)
Dude ranch, enema of the state, take off your pants... and blink 182 by blink 182
Deja entendu by brand new
Homesick by A Day to Remember
Take this to your grave and From under the cork tree by fall out boy
My chemical romance's entire catalog
Sticks and stones by new found glory
A fever you can't sweat out & vices and virtues by Panic! at the disco
Paramore's entire catalog
Vacation by Seaway
Around the world and back by state champs
The greatest generation and suburbia by the wonder years

State Champs are pretty good if you like this.

try these out user
Movements - Feel Something
The Hotelier - Home, Like NoPlace Is There
Turnover - Magnolia
PUP - The Dream Is Over
Jeff Rosenstock - We Cool?
Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost
Sorority Noise - Forgettable

Attached: a4043831127_10.jpg (1200x1200, 356.42K)

punk goes crunk..that shit slaps

Attached: 1560659696581.jpg (800x800, 526.98K)

>modern baseball
based

based

Aren’t these all more emo than pop punk?

some of them are considered emo, but the ones that are are very pop punk influenced.

Must be why I don’t like MoBo, The Hotelier or Jeff Rosenstock. Magnolia is Turnover’s worst, Movements is good but LP2 is make a break for them to evolve.
I wish Sorority Noise didn’t get meme’d apart, You’re Not As ___ As You Think You Are is one of my top 10 2010’s emo albums.

>Jeff Rosenstock
I dont see the hype, i can never get passed one track without wanting to listen to something else.

the punk goes pop call me maybe cover is wild too

Attached: 1561324411257.jpg (1500x1214, 334.01K)

Peripheral Vision is my favourite, but it's not really pop punk so i opted for magnolia
YNA_AYT is up there for me too, shame they split.

don't forget this

Attached: 6A38387E-E250-4438-B279-F5421CB07A9A.jpg (1440x2560, 403.46K)

Jimmy Eat World
The Promise Ring
Tigers Jaw

and avoid MCR, they are complete garbage and the most overrated band in the genre

>avoid MCR, they are complete garbage
>most overrated band in the genre
garbage take

Title Fight. They’re not really pop-punk, emo, hardcore or shoegaze but whatever the fuck they cook up is really good. Listen to The Last Thing You Forget for fast pop punky melodic HC, Shed for the same sound but maturer, Floral Green for Shed but more 90s and gazey and Hyperview for the gazey parts in Floral Green turned into an album.

Personally, I think pop punky emo is a lot better than straight pop punk, it’s just slightly more serious and tends to be somewhat rawer. To each their own.

But I guess most advice ITT is going into that direction anyway.

Also, get into hardcore. It’s the punk scene that has the most interesting shit going on right now. One Step Closer (great LDB set on Youtube), Jesus Piece (most insane shows, couple of riffs that make you want to punch someone), Gulch (very noisy, raw). Old Code Orange slaps (not too hype on the new one but they are probably the number one hc band from the last ten years). Turnstile. Older shit like Bad Seed. Very old shit like Turning Point. I know it’s not what you asked for, but just a general tip. If I got into all the shit I am now like two years earlier, I probably wouldnt have missed lots of bands I’d fucking take a plane to the US for to check a reunion.

i like this one

Attached: Joyce_manor_self_titled_artwork (1).jpg (311x320, 18.69K)

PUP is like the platonic ideal of pop punk, all their albums are required listening

>modern cuckball

no thank you. shitty ass band with faggy pussy voice

all of them are pop punk mate.

There should be a seperate and consistent thread for hardcore, post hardcore and all its subgenres. I barely see any of that mentioned here.

not OP but thank you for pushing me to finally give these guys a shot
Hyperview is great so far, I'll try Floral Green next

Emo-influenced pop punk, "trashy" pop punk and hardcore/melodic hardcore influenced pop punk tends to be the best type of pop punk.

PUP, Joyce Manor, Title Fight, The Story So Far, TWY for example

For some reason I had the same problem. But seriously, they’re worth the shot. If Title Fight would get major label support, they’d sell out major label venues. That’s something I honestly don’t dare say about any other bands from the punk scene.

100% agree.

Forgot mention the best band in that style from the last three years: Prince Daddy and The Hyena bops fucking hard. I thought you didn’t like leaving is really good, CMS too.

Graduating Life is really good too.
Same with Pictures of Vernon.

Next two are drifting away from pop punk but still kinda in the same vibe: Mannequin Pussy and Remo Drive (they only have like 3 good songs but whatever).

their first two albums are kinda le quirky kinda cringy stuff but Holy Ghost is actually really good in comparison
idk if trashy would be the right word for it
maybe scrappy is more fitting?
but definitely agree

How do I tell a girl I wanna kiss her is one of the few emo “hits” I actively hate. And I like a lot of Mobo songs fwiw.

im glad they dont desu. it changes people when you get that amount of audience attention and i think title fight got to that point after floral green got so hyped (hence 'hyperview' perhaps ;). i remember seeing them in a comedy club with 10 people just before shed came out (there was a leak though) to 3-4 years later seeing them play for a sold out show of 1000s.

a band i dont see mentioned often (maybe because tthey amplified their cringier aspects later in their career) is Transit. their lyrics are empathetic and almost philosophical about pain. i really dont like to split the atom about whos emo vs pop punk but transit was always a emo but developed from pop punk emo to indie emo a la death cab over time. i think i have these links in chrono logical order. their album listen & forgive is a classic
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6t4IVxfNc
youtube.com/watch?v=NAf8IRn6Hso
youtube.com/watch?v=yrLMETs5HaY
youtube.com/watch?v=E1j36A6UW3k

Attached: artworks-000078766454-gsv5wl-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 92.57K)