Wow, almost every one of these bands suck

Wow, almost every one of these bands suck

Attached: A0881D8C-9678-4572-B717-4944E172EC73.jpg (960x848, 102.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_rock
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most of these bands either had one good album in the whole decade, or had their musical prime during the 2000's, not 2010's

whoa, it's almost af if those bands were pushed into mainstream by their jewish managers and jewish funded labels eventually making an indie landfill of commercial music with guitar overtones

fpbp

And in the final matchup we have the Arctic Monkeys vs The Strokes. And the Strokes win.

back to Yas Forums you fucking retard.

When I first started getting into music ~13 years-old, I was a fan of many of those bands. I no longer hold those bands to the same esteem I once did. However, I can thank Arcade Fire for introducing me to Talking Heads; The Strokes for introducing me to The Velvet Underground; MGMT for introducing me to Brian Eno; Interpol for introducing me to 80s post-punk; Kurt Vile for introducing me to Pavement; and so forth.

LCD Soundsystem, early Strokes, early Arcade Fire, and Ariel Pink are still based though.

Sometimes I get sad when I find that something I once loved has lost value. I don't have those same obsessive phases with bands I used to have when I was younger.

Negative XP is better than all of those

nigger.
shit taste
theres not a single good band on OPs pic, what you're smokin dog
i wish those fucking industry plants would die out already

Attached: 1581600285920.jpg (702x700, 307.57K)

shut the fuck up oh my god, you’re so desperate to believe that the world is run by jews

i don't believe it

>The Strokes
>indie

Have you guys wonder why Strokes is even considered indie? They never called themselves indie and they've been signed with RCA since Is This It.

RCA.

How can a band be indie bring singed to RCA?

Normies are fucking braindead.

how long until you realize indie is just an aesthetic

It wasn't in at the time it started to be a concept.

Based. Even my band is better than all of those.

like a dozen of these do not even make indie rock music

How do you call bands in independent labels then?

kys

>King Gizzard
>Strokes
>Ty Segall
>Oh Sees
Theses are garage rock, not indie.
>Tame Impala
>Grizzly Bear
>Franz Ferdinand
>Yeah Yeah Yeahs
>MGMT
These are pop.
>LCD Soundsystem
This is indietronica.

I can only assume more of these are mislabeled, but I don't know a lot of this pitchfork shit.

>i'm thankful that my incredibly beyond basic taste led me to find other completely surface level music

We all start somewhere

there are lots of overrated bands but there has to be no greater disparity between how enjoyable a band's music is to listen to and how much critic knob-slobbing (that people buy into 100%) they've received over time than LCD soundsystem, like, i can't even think of who might have a better ratio than them it's insane

Trash

some really really fucking good stuff here, but I dont think wolfmother, LCD, or even thee oh sees count as ~2010 indie rock music

Indie is not a genre.

>everything thats popular is because of le jews

imagine being this retarded

B8

That's a yikes for me

But Indie Rock is a genre

does swans count as indie rock

It's not retard.

Mouthbreathing retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_rock

you call em DIY. thanks to like mgmt and the first "indie rock" sounding bands that got signed to major labels, even shit like bastille back in the day or like of monsters of men get called indie by extension.

all genres are just aesthetics - skins for songs. when you get down to it there's just songs then you think about what type of song it is then you skin it in the most markettable way

Attached: hes-right-you-know-32644960.png (500x396, 115.16K)

>all genres are just aesthetics - skins for songs. when you get down to it there's just songs then you think about what type of song it is then you skin it in the most markettable way
Imagine actually thinking this

Word salad. Terrible post in a terrible thread.

Back to Yas Forums