I was going to make a post about how Danny Elfman had no musical education, training...

I was going to make a post about how Danny Elfman had no musical education, training, or ability(plays no instruments) being given composer job after composer job just because he (((knew))) the right people, but now I cant stop listening to Oingo Boingo

Attached: 1599472241.jpg (660x574, 30.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2LQMElLoLs
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc
youtube.com/watch?v=21zTHH-snf4&list=PLohYzz4btpaRW-388_vBPVH5aGxiAFRSz
youtu.be/hc1cFnshKOg?t=10
americancomposers.org/elfman_interview.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=H2LQMElLoLs
One of us

how could anyone ever even have come up with this position?

Yeah, usually music can be so good that it can make you put your (retarded and nonsensical in your case) politics aside.

There's nothing wrong with capitalism, OP

That album is literally insane. insane. insane. insane.
He reminds me of Neil Cicierega... and if he actually had a band behind him

>being given composer job after composer job just because he (((knew))) the right people
I thought it was because his scores are good

>we need to score this movie
>oh ill give it to this guy who was at my passover seder who said he had a band
this is how hollywood operates

Any of you guys ever watch Forbidden Zone?
Any good?

>have you ever directed an orchestra before?
no
>do you know anything about classical instruments?
no
>you have the job

You leave Elfman alone, he's based and so is Oingo Boingo

Elfman is pretty based dog

Observe
youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU

>Any of you guys ever watch Forbidden Zone?
Yes
>Any good?
It's a certifiable masterpiece - one of the greatest movies of all time. Everyone should see it at least once

Attached: Satan.gif (306x200, 842.39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc
kino

and Boingo is excellent, Elfman is pretty based

I didn't know they had a color version, I've only ever seen it in black and white.

Didn't know Elfman was in a movie like this. Will watch it soon, looks based

youtube.com/watch?v=21zTHH-snf4&list=PLohYzz4btpaRW-388_vBPVH5aGxiAFRSz

Why is Oingo Boingo so good bros

they like little girls

>forbidden zone is free to watch on Tubi

Fuck yeah

>or ability(plays no instruments)
He plays guitar you fucking dork. youtu.be/hc1cFnshKOg?t=10

Who you know matters everywhere. It has nothing to do with "muh jews" you fucking stupid bitch. Everyone does favors for their friends and family.

>I was going to make a post about how Danny Elfman had no musical education
Took music classes in high school, and was attending music courses at CalArts after but wasn't officially enrolled in the school, and learned theory and composing on the job, working in a band.
> training, or ability(plays no instruments)
Yeah, he plays guitar, keyboards, and played the violin in high school and after, busking across Africa with it. Pretty sure he plays other instruments as a well, even though he rarely performed as a musician.
>being given composer job after composer job just because he (((knew))) the right people
And his success as a composer and songwriter for a successful band had nothing to do with it.
>but now I cant stop listening to Oingo Boingo
Is the only thing you posted worth reading.

It's a good thing you didn't post all that, because you were completely wrong.

Attached: DannyElfmanNotPlayingTheGuitar.jpg (460x276, 26.09K)

t. :^

This, why do Yas Forumstards think having connections is exclusive to jews or something? Are they just that brainwashed?

More braindead. The whole jew thing is a coping mechanism for really dumb fucks.

>never went to college
>interested in indigenous drumming after trustfunding around the world for a couple years
>rythym guitar, never wrote a guitar lick in his life
>got hired to do movie scores having zero orchestra experience
>can't read sheet music
>being jewish had nothing to do with it
Danny Elfman is extremely talented, I know that. But people are literally given movie credits just by knowing hollywood jews. They are astronomically overrepresented in entertainment given their population size, and they hire other jews. that is just a fact.
>Hey I know you never picked up a Violin, Cello or Oboe in your life, want to write their parts for Batman?

this. it's definitely the work of the elves.

If who you know matters, shouldn't representation in the arts and entertainment be roughly equal according to population percentage?

It's b/c jews have a culture based on Near East values as opposed to Western European values. Same reason Muslims have such difficulty integrating into Western Civilization. Jews tend toward Tribalist Ethics as opposed to the Individualist Ethics of Europeans. Nepotism exists everywhere, ofc as you point out. The difference is that Nepotism is usually frowned upon by those who embrace the ethics of Western Civilization, while those of of Near Eastern cultures tend to celebrate behaving nepotistically.

Same reason Louis Farrakhan and various black groups in NYC have become "anti-semitic." The orthodox jews in traditional black areas basically behave as a crime syndicate in the real estate markets, cheating blacks.

Attached: considerthefollowing.jpg (654x539, 66.76K)

What's the best Oingo Boingo album

I'd say Alive but that's more of a compilation, but god damn those live versions sound great

Fuck off back to Yas Forums

Can you Yas Forums faggots stay in your fucking containment board for once

Take your meds
>The difference is that Nepotism is usually frowned upon by those who embrace the ethics of Western Civilization
fucking kek the absolute delusion

There's a difference between having connections and nepotism.

>>never went to college
Not a requirement to write scores.
>interested in indigenous drumming after trustfunding around the world for a couple years
Yep. And doesn't refute anything I posted. But the "trustfunding" part is hilarious - you're just another /mufag who's asschapped because nobody gives a single fuck about whatever shoegaze shit you write in the basement. This is all pure jealousy, isn't it?
>>rythym guitar, never wrote a guitar lick in his life
Move those goalposts like they have wheels strapped to them! BTW, it's "rhythm", dummy.
>got hired to do movie scores having zero orchestra experience
God damn, you attached a scooter to them! (he had years of experience scoring works for new arrangements with his brother before Boingo and during Boingo, stupid)
>>can't read sheet music
No. This is just dumb. From his own mouth:

Q: How did you learn to compose?

DE: I just taught myself over the years. For Peewee, I just banged things out on the piano. I knew how to write music but not read it - ******or at least I can only read it as fast as I can write it******, which is not very fast.

americancomposers.org/elfman_interview.htm

Wanna try again? Or just make shit up again, that's more your style.

>>being jewish had nothing to do with it
The only accurate thing you've posted. But keep being a spastic assblasted faggot shoving the goalposts around because you posted something fucking retarded and got called out for it.
>Hey I know you never picked up a Violin, Cello or Oboe in your life, want to write their parts for Batman?
Has never been a requirement to write scores.

Oh, by the way:

When in the post you were sperging at, I mentioned he played the violin for years.

Whoops.

Absolutely and unequivocally based

Not in any meaningful way.

>I WAS GIVEN A COMPOSER JOB BY A HOLLYWOOD JEW FOR A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE THEN I TAUGHT MYSELF HOW TO DO IT
wow what a typical, totally normal, everyday occurrence for musicians out there