I don't understand time signatures

I don't understand time signatures.

Attached: 55ba87b8dd0895c81c8b4581.jpg (1100x1007, 62.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wtgo_SFuCJw
youtube.com/watch?v=9bcbIlE6D1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=wtgo_SFuCJw

Because you're a dumbass dipshit who listens to music but doesn't produce music, thus a tool. Pick up an instrument or abandon the music niche

That's not very kind of you user.

Pls no bully I'm trying to learn guitar

Attached: v8zc3zo.gif (500x500, 130.06K)

Get a metronome.

get a load of this bully

lmao there goes another musician who will most likely end up working in a Starbucks while still trying to make it big despite being in his 30s.
Loser.

Attached: 1551658030136.gif (235x235, 340.34K)

they're bullshit, just make music

I don't pay attention to the inconsequential commentary of projecting non-musicians, so keep it.

My trips > your shitty dubs.
Shut the fuck up, swallow it and get fucked, loser.

BPM/tempo --> how many counts per minute
time signature --> how many beats per measure
notes --> what to play and how many beats
dynamics --> how to play the note

need all four to convey a piece exactly to another person

Again, you're projecting figments of your frail feminine personality onto me, a musician. You're projecting your homosexual traits and your self defeatist attitude. Seems like you were bullied by a superior musician in high school, as is the case now. History repeats itself. Poetry.

literally just counting

Sex with furniture

lmao this fucking loser.

Attached: 135586116952.gif (236x224, 1.87M)

top number - how many beats in a measure
bottom number - what length note gets 1 beat in that measure

Rent free.

who gets the what now?

Top number is the number of beats per measure, bottom number is the type of note. Eg. 12/8 means 12 eighth notes per bar. 6/4 means 6 quarter notes per bar. 3/4 is a waltz, three quarter notes per bar.

If you want a good example of 4/4, pic related is entirely in that time signature.

Attached: slint-spiderland-1-1068x1068.jpg (1068x1068, 129.92K)

lmfao

terrible album tho

kek

>13/8 time signature
I don't get how to count this

Attached: Kv5iD.png (507x361, 16.39K)

Imagine if time could sign its name

That's a time signature

You just feel it man

When you feel the beat rumbling in your stomach, you probably need to take a shit

just feel it like 3+3+3+4

That sheet music couldn't spell it out more clearly

There's an obvious 3-3-3-4 pattern going on

There's 13 8th notes. Literally brain-dead retarded simple

It's just the beats per measure.

As for how to figure out what's a measure and what isn't purely by listening, you just kind of have to infer it. It's often quite obvious. When it isn't, people may disagree on the correct time signature for a song. Some musicians with no formal training will kind of use certain time signatures without realizing it, or use a very unconventional, asymmetric system (like a pattern of 3/4 followed by 12/4 followed by 11/4 that repeats twice, then another sequence with different signatures, then back to the original, or whatever).

For example, in the 1940s, the blind, homeless musician Moondog famously naturally formed his own time-keeping intuition which he called "snaketime". (He describes it as particularly constituting variations between 5/4 and 7/4, among other things.) An example: youtube.com/watch?v=9bcbIlE6D1A

For "snaketimey" type music, don't fret too much about deciding on an exact time signature. Just try to interpret the feel of it and break it apart however you think is closest to the original song and intention.

there's 27 quarter-whole 17th notes per every 13 bars. when you hear the trumpet go 'BLAP' you hit the fire alarm and jump out of the nearest window wearing only a pair of hockey pads. Remember to put mustard on your bagel and you'll be fine.

>makes a monotonous 13-count beat because they dont understand stressed or unstressed beats