NU METAL

Never really payed much mind to this genre. Pretty much every genre has some great albums, so for nu metal, what are the essentials, I dont mean quintessentials, but just that good shit, ya dig?

Attached: numetal.jpg (1135x1500, 534.08K)

Korn - first four albums
Deftones - first three albums
Limp Bizkit - first album
Slipknot - first two albums
Mudvayne - first two albums
SOAD - first three albums
Linkin Park - first two albums
Disturbed - first two albums
Mushroomhead - XX, and XIII
Static X - Wisconsin Death Trip, and Shadow Zone
Sepultura - Roots

Deftones have more than three good albums

Papa Roach - first album
Spineshank - first two albums

why is it cool to like this garbage now

I find only their first three are important to "nu metal"

Makes sense

>Sepultura - Roots

Is this really nu-metal?

good list thanks, but where should I start? Korn?

I didn't say it was cool, just giving OP what he wants. I grew up when these bands actually were cool so I know it all, is all.

Starting with Korn is the most logical as they were pretty much the band that started it as a "trend" and the first posterboys.

Attached: korndeftones.jpg (500x358, 75.23K)

so did i but you don't see me enabling it

Check out
>Korn - Korn
>Deftones - Adrenaline
>Sepultura - Roots
>Korn - Life is Peachy
>Coal Chamber - Coal Chamber
>Sevendust - Sevendust
>Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
>Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Yall
>Deftones - Around the Fur
>Orgy - Candyass
>Soulfly - Soulfly
>Korn - Follow the Leader
>System of a Down - System of a Down
>Crazy Town - The Gift of Game
>Powerman 5000 - Tonight the Stars Revolt!
>Dope - Felons and Revolutionaries
>Machine Head - The Burning Red
>Staind - Dysfunction
>Static-X - Wisconsin Death Trip
>P.O.D. - The Fundamental Elements of Southtown
>Kid Rock - Devil Without a Cause
>Korn - Issues
>Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
>Incubus - Make Yourself
>Slipknot - Slipknot
>Evanescence - Origin
>(Hed) P.E. - Broke
>Nonpoint - Statement
>Taproot - Gift
>Spineshank - The Height Of Callousness
>Kittie - Spit
>Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water
>Mudvayne - L.D. 50
>Papa Roach - Infest
>Disturbed - The Sickness
>Deftones - White Pony
>Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
>Static-X - Machine
>Primer 55 - (The) New Release
>Saliva - Every Six Seconds
>Drowning Pool - Sinner
>Sevendust - Animosity
>P.O.D. - Satellite
>Slipknot - Iowa
>System of a Down - Toxicity
>Incubus - Morning View
>Korn - Untouchables
>System of a Down - Steal This Album
>Mushroomhead - XIII
>Evanescence - Fallen
>Linkin Park - Meteora
>Slipknot - Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses
>Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
>System of a Down - Mezmerize
>System of a Down - Hypnotize

Attached: Most people rejected her message.jpg (425x456, 165.03K)

It doesn't really matter to me what people decide to listen to, if someone wants to listen to nu-metal I'm not going to tell them not to, but if they ask what the better albums are I'll tell them what I think. Better than Billie Eilish or anti-rock threads at least.

>>Sepultura - Roots
>Is this really nu-metal?
Yeah, I mean it is very much aping the early Korn sound to a T just with some more tribal sounds mixed in, they even went as far as to get Ross Robinson to do the album, the guy who produced Korn, and Limp Bizkit and later Slipknot.

Attached: sepulkorna.jpg (1280x720, 1.19M)

Gotcha. I never really listen to them but I've always heard people lump Roots in with death metal

>Gotcha. I never really listen to them but I've always heard people lump Roots in with death metal
That is because Sepultura was formerly a pretty important thrash metal/death metal band. Roots was their major "sellout" album, in which Max later formed his own original nu-metal band Soulfly, so if you like Roots may as well check out Soulfly as well.

>It doesn't really matter to me what people decide to listen to, if someone wants to listen to nu-metal I'm not going to tell them not to, but if they ask what the better albums are I'll tell them what I think. Better than Billie Eilish or anti-rock threads at least.
my point is it isn't.
bad is bad and it only takes time to realise what bad is. you might look back with fondness, listening to Mezmerize in the common room with your 17yo friends at school, but it ages so badly. listening to this kind of stuff for extended periods isn't what it is intended for - it was a fad of a sound. dated and best left forgotten. much akin to a lot of archaic pop music.
eh.
learn for urself.

Imagine putting out a masterpiece like Arise and then hearing fucking Korn and thinking that you'd rather ape that instead

Lol what a pretentious fag

seems like a lazy way to say you're buthurt about being wrong or something

Any rock thread is better than a thread of any other genre, the way I see it. Could be a pop punk thread for all I care. Nu-metal is not one of my preferred metal sub genres at all, though like you say I do have some nostalgic attachment to it because it was the era I grew up in the late 90s/early 00s, also have nostalgia for Spice Girls, it happens to us all.

That being said, I still think there are definitely people who will genuinely enjoy nu metal more than other styles of metal, and for those people I'll give my recs. Just because I prefer other styles doesn't mean everyone is, and I do think for what it's worth some nu metal albums are good at what they are trying to accomplish.

>Any rock thread is better than a thread of any other genre
to be honest i stopped reading here.
like i am old but fuck me at least i am clever enough to not think like this.

whatever tho. you like what you like. you're right (i did read the rest really, i only wrote that to take this piss haha). i am not going to tell you you're wrong for liking something, i just know that these kind of sounds were literally designed to be a fad to fit into the sensibilities of teenagers of that particular era.
again
learn for urself.

That's my first post in the thread, you're a pretentious fag

not to be pretentious, but where you put a comma you have put a full stop and made a new sentence.
would have given your writing more punch and not made you look uneducated.

I mean are you even a rock/metal person typically? Nu metal by the year 2000 had become a full blown fad, but anyone with a knowledge of the underground of the late 80s/early 90s can see where a band like Korn organically developed in the early 90's before they became TRL stars

afraid i am
was quite heavily involved in the scene in the mid to late 90s
personally performed with some of the artists of the time
speaking with first hand experience

So what makes you think nu metal was completely contrived, when you can easily see the evolution of Korn coming from the at the time modern movements like alternative, grunge, groove metal, funk metal, rap metal, etc etc

>I don't know how language works
Pretentious and retarded

>Imagine putting out a masterpiece like Arise and then hearing fucking Korn and thinking that you'd rather ape that instead
Sepultura put aside all the talent with but one goal in mind for Roots, getting an '8' from Scaruffi. In that, they succeeded!

Kek

>PM5k
My nigga.