Critique/Review thread

Give feedback to other artists and help each other grow. All lazyposters should be ignored. No recs, no "leave feedback later", stop being an ungrateful self-entitled prick and actually contribute.

Attached: 2020_soundcloudlogo_press_2000x1270.jpg (2000x1270, 178.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kidfchip
youtu.be/JUTKOu1-dsA
soundcloud.com/rsgf_xoxo/the-3-little-bags-prod-tgwog-x-sexwork
cmrv.bandcamp.com/album/visitantes-ep
soundcloud.com/c_m_r_v/sets/visitantes
cmrv.bandcamp.com/album/goldcrest-ep
soundcloud.com/c_m_r_v/sets/goldcrest
youtube.com/channel/UCUP0cNMbngXQVN4_rOggzWw
soundcloud.com/yeenar/memory-lane-elliott-smith-cover
soundcloud.com/yeenar/b-w-u
soundcloud.com/user-212806530/444a-1
soundcloud.com/yunguglybastard/glass-accordian-prod-blank
soundcloud.com/hangdownyrheadtomdooley/april-8th
soundcloud.com/saintmilo/sets/venus
soundcloud.com/navigatelabs
soundcloud.com/worany/complete
soundcloud.com/brp/stardust
soundcloud.com/greysunshine/cerebralhollowtrip
vocaroo.com/34NCitmqt2z
soundcloud.com/4758285/zoomn-track-1
soundcloud.com/augustaghast/harlequin-roma
soundcloud.com/nized/preshah
soundcloud.com/nized/dude-vocal-layering-lmao
soundcloud.com/jeff-bezos-665130637
soundcloud.com/foreverknvs/sugar-lips
soundcloud.com/official_nord/nord-hellscape
vocaroo.com/o1rJt8gYE18
melo35.bandcamp.com/track/whats-the-point
soundcloud.com/user-212806530/dasun-1
open.spotify.com/artist/1XOqtxoidOJCvRC2FLnLdP
soundcloud.com/boba_boi
soundcloud.com/user-225356127/caesium-137-inside-the-bomb
soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/biding-till
soundcloud.com/youngrichkid-yrk/xxx-tentacion-rip-roach
open.spotify.com/album/1MGKLTvrnw3YX7bBrGjK7l
soundcloud.com/cabro_artico/riverside-samba
soundcloud.com/talentless1d1ot/13one-uufy-and-a-big-mc-fucking-kill-yourself-to-you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

soundcloud.com/kidfchip
>chiptune
No one to give feedback yet.

Attached: wp1934012.png (1680x1050, 283.17K)

youtu.be/JUTKOu1-dsA

>Crushed Trap
>Cloud rap
>Hexd
>Melodic

Attached: 0616722A-7CE5-4EDD-9848-87C5AE36EAAE.jpg (697x433, 123.38K)

soundcloud.com/rsgf_xoxo/the-3-little-bags-prod-tgwog-x-sexwork

>FAIRYTALE

Attached: _p_trent.gif (151x350, 13.61K)

my second EP

cmrv.bandcamp.com/album/visitantes-ep

soundcloud.com/c_m_r_v/sets/visitantes

>electronic
>aggressive
>idk what type of electronic

also my first EP

cmrv.bandcamp.com/album/goldcrest-ep

soundcloud.com/c_m_r_v/sets/goldcrest

my YT

youtube.com/channel/UCUP0cNMbngXQVN4_rOggzWw

this is interesting, not something I would listen again, but it's not bad

what the fuck

Attached: cm rv (2).png (1080x1080, 2.19M)

>stop being an ungrateful self-entitled prick and actually contribute

my thing is i dont always have time to wait around in a thread for people to post something i want to listen to but i always follow back anyone who follows me and if you message me on sc and ask for feedback i listen and comment every time. i selfishly want to grow my listenership of course but i don't usually have time to hang out on the forum so i think i struck a balance. we each get a follower and if you want a guaranteed listener/guaranteed feedback (not just fulfilling the social obligation to "Leave feedback" which i found myself in the past being like "this is good shit man i like the tones" just so i could post my shit...)

..............with that said i know none of it is a perfect system but i appreciate those who listen and who keep the thread alive and as always " I Always Follow Back And Listen To Your Shit And Give Feedback If You Want It!® "

>Elliott Smith cover from a few days back
soundcloud.com/yeenar/memory-lane-elliott-smith-cover

>most recent single Beach Boys vibes
soundcloud.com/yeenar/b-w-u

Peace & Love & God Bless

Attached: elliott_smith_feat.jpg (1200x1200, 105.12K)

soundcloud.com/user-212806530/444a-1

just got back into prod after a pretty long break, wondering what i need to improve

-ambient trap?

love the melodies on this, drums have a very cool sound as well though slightly generic feeling at times, overall very solid

Attached: broadfactor.jpg (501x463, 75.51K)

soundcloud.com/yunguglybastard/glass-accordian-prod-blank
>loud/bassy
>hype/aggressive vocals
>rap/trap
Will try to return all feedback given! Hope y'all enjoy!
Chiptune isn't a genre I really explore into and while Hallway is somewhat intresting, it just felt like a GBA game loop that didn't really evoke anything other than nostalgia. It felt incredibly repetitive and really tested my patience. At points the mix seems either too loud or too quiet. I understand the appeal of the genre, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.
While not my style, I can appreciate the overall vibe and I found myself able to enjoy it. I think the vocals might benefit from having more of a direction with increased emotion in delivery and maybe the addition of adlibs to really help the momentum and consistency in the sound is just what it needs.

Attached: lf-1.jpg (802x551, 113.61K)

soundcloud.com/hangdownyrheadtomdooley/april-8th

>dream pop
>lush synths
>mellotron
>psychedelic
>orchestral influence

>soundcloud.com/yeenar/b-w-u
Had to click this as a huge beach boys fan. I'm not disappointed. Feels like it could've been off of All Summer Long's distorted cousin. Organ kind of reminds me of Spacemen 3 as well. Great work.

Attached: 1581954291438.jpg (348x385, 71.43K)

>my thing is i dont always have time to wait around in a thread for people to post something i want to listen to
This is a common yet ridiculous excuse that's overused on this board. The point of reviewing music isn't to only choose things that you're going to enjoy, but rather, expose yourself to new content, while still giving feedback to the original creator. This way of thinking is incredibly lazy and just a round-about way of saying "nah, I don't care what anyone else posts, here's MY superior music."

soundcloud.com/saintmilo/sets/venus

Dropped this album last Monday. Peoples favorite songs seem to be 'bond' and 'venus.'

This is cool reminds me of young bruh.

forgot to post a random picture

Attached: wizard steed.jpg (1164x1600, 536.9K)

soundcloud.com/navigatelabs

>UKG/Drum & Bass
>Experimental

I think you should add more layers to your tracks, and maybe some stereo or subtle FXs like reverb.
Sorrow Bunny and The Rooftop Showdown Pt. 1 is really good
I've said it before, but I really like your stuff. I don't have much criticism to come with.
The pads could use some stereo width and the bass should be turned down in the mix.
Love the overall vibe and dreamy feel though.
Pretty awesome. This is pretty much just super agressive bass and vocals but I like it.
The vocals are super nice, and I like the slow guitar in the background.
The FXs throughout the song make it pretty interesting and keeps me listening.
I would love some kind of key change or different melody, but that might ruin the concept behind your song :b

Attached: v.jpg (1000x1000, 238.46K)

Great aesthetic, the structure and harmony could use some work, bout sound wise this is very impressive
This song is p. cool, the vibe and the rapping are on point, the mix needs work, even if being noisy/lofi-ish is part of the aesthetic, this could sound a lot better.

soundcloud.com/worany/complete
>monstrous
>kiki

>soundcloud.com/navigatelabs
You're very good at putting bits together that sound great, tracks could use a little bit more direction, deviations can be a little hit or miss.

soundcloud.com/brp/stardust
>trip hop, shoegaze, baroque pop, noise pop, bedroom pop

Recc:

Attached: 7iXUPoququbMmAPMTLsoKK-1024-80.jpg (500x436, 34.03K)

#
>Pretty awesome. This is pretty much just super agressive bass and vocals but I like it.
Appreciate it cowboy.
Induction heat is a very intriguing track. I think that the mixing could be improved as well the timing on some elements. Some things feel just right while others feel uncomfortably loud or off tempo. I like the overall sound, but I do think there is definitely things to improve on.
#
>This song is p. cool, the vibe and the rapping are on point, the mix needs work, even if being noisy/lofi-ish is part of the aesthetic, this could sound a lot better.
I appreciate the feedback and agree that it does sound pretty rough. For future tracks, I am looking to spend more time making sure the mix sounds consistently clear and everything meshes well. I'm not entirely sure which user left this criticism so im going to assume it was . If not, forgive me and link your tracks so i can return the feedback.
Bond is incredibly well done. The mix between the vocals and beat is slick like butter. It had me vibing with it and moving along. I think the pacing and length of the track is exactly perfect. I think more variation in delivery style (emotion) would be a good addition. Its good but it just sounds almost like someone just talking for the entire track. Very nicely done, but maybe improve on emotion.

Attached: avatars-000191810795-6cazpj-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 58.43K)

soundcloud.com/greysunshine/cerebralhollowtrip

>chaotic breakbeat with industrial leanings

Attached: IMG_8417.jpg (1200x879, 97.11K)

>soundcloud.com/hangdownyrheadtomdooley/april-8th

Awesome mix and recording. Really dig the electronic elements. The ambience in the background feels too loud though.

>soundcloud.com/user-212806530/444a-1

Banger. I like the Tyler, The Creator vibes. Awesome drums and sound design, but the track sounds too full. I feel like the synths and bass could let the vocal effects come up front a little more.

vocaroo.com/34NCitmqt2z
Here's an unmixed beat of mine. I've been learning for about 8 months now, trying to make trap beats one day.
Just want to know what I should learn or practice next. (hope vocaroo links are cool in these threads)

It's just a pissed off chaotic mess of beats and bass. I did it today. Im a chaotic mess right about now

Bump

RECC

soundcloud.com/4758285/zoomn-track-1
>Phonk
>Trap Shit

Attached: Zoom'n Track 1.5 cover.jpg (246x174, 20.52K)

ttps://soundcloud.com/augustaghast

My newest:
soundcloud.com/augustaghast/harlequin-roma

>cozy
>chamber folk
>music for haunted ballrooms

Attached: Love Among the Ruins.jpg (2684x2684, 1.67M)

Lazyposters get out

soundcloud.com/nized/preshah
soundcloud.com/nized/dude-vocal-layering-lmao

>Trap
>Rap/R&B

I like it a lot, maybe someway to make the tones mesh together better not sure the proper word. lower the screeching too perhaps just a smidge.
it's different, you'd benefit from a quirkier beat, or quirky adlibs or samples. Just that alone isn't enough to be ear grabbing. If you wanna go weird gotta turn it up.
(visitantes 1) not sure what type of electronic it is. But it sounds fine. The low end def could be tweaked though there's almost nothing going on there. Make that bassline kick harder. Otherwise it's all generally fine, maybe just mixing stuff not sure.
this is pretty gorgeous famo, maybe something with EQing vocals or making them float better, not sure. Hard to tell, v good.
I like BWU a lot
not enough variance not really much happening. I know it's ambient but it didn't really need 40s to get interesting
I know youre probably going for the X vibe with the unintentionally bad mix, but maybe mix it a little. Solid though. Good roar in the middle of the track, that little break adds a lot of character to the track

soundcloud.com/jeff-bezos-665130637

>IDM
>Electronic
>Glitch

Would really appreciate feedback on my latest
two tracks.

Reccs:

Attached: MOSHED-2020-2-24-23-11-33.jpg (1024x1024, 692.8K)

This is fire broski wtf... might be my favorite in the thread. Only gripe maybe vocals could be a bit smoother. Otherwise super good
what vocal effects do you have on there? I need something like that haven't experimented much with my daw. This is great you definitely developped your style, great hook. Man another favorite.
I dig bond more than clairvoyant. venus is good too. Might follow you.
I like drum and bass but not experimental as this, don't have much to say. everything sounds fine though
eh
Not airy enough to be phonk, 808s need to be filling the room or just a heavy bassline.Drums aren't even hitting hard
me

Attached: werette.png (468x622, 458.47K)

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah Im gonna watch some tutorials on 808s

Attached: explotible.jpg (665x598, 54.84K)

yung dressin fuckin saucin

T-T-This is a certified Y-Yung Dressin CLASSIC

Attached: Gaston.png (839x778, 777.51K)

Fuck you. I comment on SoundCloud. You can kiss my fucking ass, shitbrain.

#
>I know youre probably going for the X vibe with the unintentionally bad mix, but maybe mix it a little. Solid though. Good roar in the middle of the track, that little break adds a lot of character to the track
Thanks for the feedback. Looking back of course there's a lot of shit I coulda fixed and worked on and I'll spend more time next track to improve on the shortcomings of this one.
Preshahs production is pretty good but I think you need to put more emotion into the delivery. Its, frankly, boring. The quality is crisp but I just can't get with it if it sounds like somebody reading a book report, you know?

Faggot.

I really just use delay and reverb like the rest but I do a lot of harmony/layering and just weird eq on adlibs. Your melodies are fire, keep cookin.

soundcloud.com/foreverknvs/sugar-lips

>dream pop
>trap
>experimental

RECS
honestly beat style is pretty cool, i like the overly electronic vibe, would only recommend opening up while singing so you have more to fw on the effects

this really grew on me, the beat is really hypnotizing

flow & voice is good bro, this is just hella solid, not much to critic just enjoyed the song

Attached: 1559431812351.jpg (1073x720, 691.17K)

>soundcloud.com/nized/dude-vocal-layering-lmao
Bro, this is very good! The only detail is I feel the vocal track and the beat could be better mixed together they feel a little disconnected.
But very good song.

solid shit, personally I'd like some more melodic elements, even if dark ones, but that's just me, it sounds tight

Bump

soundcloud.com/official_nord/nord-hellscape

>DnB

No lazyposting eh?
You make good melodies, and I would like to hear your aggressive side.

This is bad. Stop trying.

This has potential if you put down the meth pipe for half a second

Put more effort into your sound design

Learn a real instrument like a sequencer or a synthesizer. I am sure you would make really good music if you weren't limited by your tools.

I like the clipped 808

This is a ripoff of XXXTentacion but he is dead and this is ok too.

Low testosterone. I had to stop listening because I could literally hear my muscles shrinking

Why the fuck does everyone say their trap is alternative rock? Stop doing that.

Worth a follow, you are clearly improving, but you aren't there yet. Learn some sound design techniques on youtube, and try to build tension and release into your tracks.

Believe it or not, an ambient tag isn't an excuse to make shit music.

More low testosterone garbage.

This has potential. You should study more music theory, but some of your tracks are already really quite good actually.

Get a soundcloud. Literally what the fuck is the point of vocaroo.

Don't worry about it, nobody came out of the womb making fire beats. Just practice more.

I liked Theme for Annalivia the best. But seriously, learn a real instrument grandpa. We have these really cool things called synthesizers now and you can make ANY sound you like.

Soundcloud hip hop is already way over saturated and you post too much at the same time.

You make good sounds, just improve the music

You are a DYEL and the girl you are fucking is chubby, so maybe do some actual art for the cover. Your shitty tattoos don't count either.

Attached: hellscapepromo.png (583x453, 258.09K)

To be trap you've gotta be talking about the trap.

vocaroo.com/o1rJt8gYE18

rate this riff for a new black metal quarantine project.

Attached: 1561156701000.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

melo35.bandcamp.com/track/whats-the-point

Attached: whats the point.png (1400x1400, 2.54M)

Your reaction gif was my reaction to your "riff"

Terrible.

By the way, OP, this thread fucking sucks. You are actively discouraging people from leaving positive feedback on people's accounts, and forcing us to give people shitty feedback on here. Do you think I like being an asshole to everyone?

you ain't seen nothin yet baby

soundcloud.com/user-212806530/dasun-1

i already posted a song in the thread but this is the side thing im doing messing around with my guitar and warping the sound, any thoughts?

Attached: Dp0Q5beVAAAqjzE (1).jpg (996x994, 144.54K)

>By the way, OP, this thread fucking sucks. You are actively discouraging people from leaving positive feedback on people's accounts, and forcing us to give people shitty feedback on here
The review/critique should be the same, regardless if its in private comments or public in a thread. If you're implying people give more meaningful feedback on SC then you're sadly mistaken, and if you're implying that in order to Review people in thread you have to be an asshole, that's also a really stupid way to think about it.
>Do you think I like being an asshole to everyone?
Actual cringe. Leaving constructive criticism isn't a dickhead move, but you saying "YOU THINK I LIKE BEING AN ASSHOLE" just comes off as an arrogant bastard

>house
>boba
>a e s t h e t i c

whats up yall!

open.spotify.com/artist/1XOqtxoidOJCvRC2FLnLdP

soundcloud.com/boba_boi

Attached: 87346261_526711784642446_5852277683970375680_n.jpg (1000x1000, 95.85K)

soundcloud.com/user-225356127/caesium-137-inside-the-bomb
>idm
>glitch drum machines
>ambient/soundscapes

This is actually really good and I want you to give yourself a pat on the back, I really dig the way you mixed the drums and the overall feel of the song I thought was pretty damn good.

This track instrumentally is pretty basic but what really sells it is the amount of passion you put into the vocals, keep it up

I love how eclectic this is and the instrumentals all sound crisp and clear but I felt that the song was a bit meandering at points, like there wasn’t a solid through line to this track, but the vibe it gives off it pretty cool nonetheless.

This is a really good song, I don’t really have much to say other than that and also That the track feels a bit too long, overall really impressive!

Attached: C760679A-3A79-4F29-957A-FEFFD10D3972.jpg (3024x3024, 1.65M)

Maybe I think a lot of music is shit and therefore my legitimate opinions about it are worthless. I know that the music isn't actually shit, but I think it is so what else am I supposed to say? All I can honestly say is "I think your music is bad." That isn't constructive criticism, so normally I bite my tongue and give constructive criticism to things I know how to analyze.

Thinking something is shit is one thing, but when you're actively trying to help give people a foundation to improve on, you must know how to articulate exactly what needs to be reworked. There's many categories that range from A to Z; Mixing, Vocals, Lyricism, Tempo, Melody or lack there of, there so much to be said about music. Don't disregard your opinion if you think something, or everything, is bad, just try and manifest your distaste in a cohesive manner.

soundcloud.com/mephisto_waltz/biding-till

>Noise/Drone

Attached: tumblr_6f1f7d84a9e9554fa1f4f02b7dc2dcd9_8c5bfae3_1280.jpg (1229x1920, 350.9K)

Thanks a lot! I felt it was sort of long, too. I just put it together today because I'm frustrated and I didn't care if it was sloppy (it is) but the length does bug me a bit. Thank you for listening to it!

But if the person is actively trying to make music that I don't like and succeeding what the hell am I supposed to say? I can't tell someone how to improve on something they are already doing correctly. My original mass reply was filled with snarky ironic comments about how people shouldn't be making the genre of music they like because I don't like it. That is the kind of feedback that I think this sort of thread condones. And obviously I don't legitimately think that, people should make whatever music makes them happy and not worry about what some dumbass drum and bass head like me thinks about it.

>This is a ripoff of XXXTentacion but he is dead and this is ok too
I wouldn't call it a rip off X, I find my music has it's own flare to it. It definitely has influence but not a straight up copy, but thanks for the words.
I like the energy and momentum of hellscape. I prefer to stick with my genre of Rap but the drums had me moving along with it. Its raw, energetic, and fun. The timing, especially on drops, is good. Nice job.
>This track instrumentally is pretty basic but what really sells it is the amount of passion you put into the vocals, keep it up
I appreciate that cowboy. I do try.
As for your track, I found it to be slow. The build-up was drawn out for way longer than it needed to be, and honestly, it lost my interest because of this. I would try and shorten the time in between everything and cut out unnecessary components to get a more concise and overall time-conscious track. Maybe some more variation and tone shifts to help add more intrest?

Thank you for the compliments! I've never actually looked into music theory but I'll take your advice. It can't do anything but help!

It doesn't matter how successful someone is, theres always room to improve, and you don't necessarily have to be a fan or know every little detail of a genre to criticize their music. Use what you know. There's universal elements of tracks, regardless of what genre it is. Don't feel intimidated to tell an artist your honest opinion on what could be improved just because they're "successful." At the end of the day, it's up to the artist to decide what's good for them, and they don't have to listen to your feedback, but your feedback should attempt to be accurate enough to where even the artist can understand where you're coming from

Hey man, don't take my comment too seriously. I like your music and it definitely has its own flare. Your drums had me moving along too, and I think we are similar in preferring our own genres.

I just thought I was listening to RIP ROACH for a sec haha
soundcloud.com/youngrichkid-yrk/xxx-tentacion-rip-roach

If that is the style you are going for, you did good mane.

And thanks for your feedback as well :)

I don't mean commercially successful. I mean, the music sounds intentional. I know how to give people advice who are making mistakes, but if I can't identify any mistakes other than simply choosing an aesthetic that I don't appreciate, then my feedback is worthless.

>Jamaican Ska
>Jazz
>Afrobeat
>Soul
>Reggae

We are Skanajazz, a chilean orchestra that is formed with young latin jazz musicians

After 5 years playing, finally our first album materialized, so here it is!
(The mix and mastering is great so I reccomend using headphones)

open.spotify.com/album/1MGKLTvrnw3YX7bBrGjK7l

Attached: Skanajazz-La Fosforera.jpg (3000x3000, 3.09M)

>Bossabeat
>Samba
>Comfy vibes

soundcloud.com/cabro_artico/riverside-samba

Attached: comfy.jpg (1200x675, 103.39K)

soundcloud.com/talentless1d1ot/13one-uufy-and-a-big-mc-fucking-kill-yourself-to-you
>black metal
>industrial
>edm
>progressive

recc

Attached: ultimate bother.gif (279x350, 2.55M)