/classical/

Mahler was a theiving hack edition
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Yellow Piss stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Comprehensive list of the most important harpsichord and piano pieces through history
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg
>Book Folder #3. Harmony, Composition, Counterpoint and Orchestration
mega.nz/#F!2k9VgKob!5N3Kwf0RIQeayYcA4XvRyg

Attached: gustav-mahler-9395470-1-402-1.jpg (1200x1200, 128.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXnNhV4hSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=3btfBFM5lCc
youtube.com/watch?v=5n7qfRNzS3s
youtu.be/S3tmFhrOgNk
youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7NrD5Bnug
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nUmmrUk_2p2M20clv2QeoJ8yqJF65IJRM
youtube.com/watch?v=7W2HCCAxUfA
youtu.be/pj5oqYKI9xo
youtube.com/watch?v=ThkuSt7hC6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pls help
Jean-Baptiste Lully has a piece called L'Orchestra du Roi Soleil.
The piece clearly exists. There are many recordings of it.
But, when I try to find information on it,. it ceases to exist. Nobody has information on the date it was published, performed, or any details about it whatsoever. It is not on any list of Lully's works I can find. All I can find is that it was written for Louis the XIV or something maybe?
What the fuck is up with this fucking work? I am turbo-autistic about proper metadata and this shit is driving me fucking insane.

Early thread. Fuck yourself OP

dubs and OP gets murdered

Check em hoe

fucking hacker

Attached: 1585807933601.jpg (800x450, 37.97K)

previous: Is OP talking about Rott or that Mendelssohn song or something else?

Is Satie proto-pop?

I fucking love this post

Let me set something straight: if you are a person who admires the works of composers like Mahler, Debussy, Wagner, Brahms, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Verdi, Rimsky-Korsakov, Strauss, Strauß, Bruckner, Ravel, Saint-Saens, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Chopin, Sibelius, or any composers like these, then you are a person that enjoys having your ears tickled by emotionally manipulative “art” that is completely lacking in intellectual complexity, substance, coherency, and subtlety.
You enjoy gulping down the fermented festering feces that these sacred cows have poured onto your plate and down your gullet. You enjoy settling for mediocrity disguised as creativity, you enjoy the experience of these bullshitters ejaculating directly into your face their obscene compound of smug artistic haughtiness and paradoxical cynicism.
These people replaced genuine craftsmanship and honest, thoughtful expression with ungodly excess, jarring chord changes, screeching brass sections and laughably insincere pastiches of folk melodies. If this is the kind of music you champion, then no you are not an individual possessing good taste. Yes, you are a stinking pleb.

>Ravel being listed among those hacks.
Shit opinion disregarded.

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=GXnNhV4hSE0

That would be Wagner

Let me set something straight: if you are a person who admires the works of composers like Webern, Stockhaussen, Xenakis, Cowell, Partch, Bartók, Wyschnegradsky, Boulez, Cage, Branca, Zorn, Ono, Penderecki, Schaeffer, Beefheart, or any composers like these, then you are a person that enjoys having your ears tickled by emotionally manipulative “art” that is completely lacking in intellectual complexity, substance, coherency, and subtlety.
You enjoy gulping down the fermented festering feces that these Herny Cows have poured onto your plate and down your gullet. You enjoy settling for mediocrity disguised as creativity, you enjoy the experience of these bullshitters ejaculating directly into your face their obscene compound of smug artistic haughtiness and paradoxical cynicism.
These people replaced genuine craftsmanship and honest, thoughtful expression with ungodly excess, jarring texture changes, screeching electrical cable sections and laughably insincere pastiches of folk field recordings. If this is the kind of music you champion, then no you are not an individual possessing good taste. Yes, you are a stinking pleb.

Name the 2nd best composer from each era. I'll start

>Medieval
Hildegard of Bingen
>Renaissance
Josquin Desprez
>Baroque
Handel
>Classical
Beethoven
>Romantic
Liszt
>Modern
Prokofiev

Attached: Niccolo-Frangipane-Lute-Player.jpg (564x564, 91.07K)

Cringe

Based

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=3btfBFM5lCc

I love it too.

what about 3rd?

Who's your best romantic

I II > IVI > III VI > VII V

Who's your best medieval? I typically see people put Hildegard as no.1

So harmonic minor and melodic minor were made to solve some problems regarding natural minor harmony. But they sound very different from natural minor, seems like a strange solution.

>Hey I've never checked out Schubert
>Acquire a few essential recordings
>It is all some of the greatest music I've ever heard
Have Symphony 8 & 9, Piano Quintet in A, String Quartet 14, Piano Trio 2 and Winterreise. What am I missing?

Berlioz hour
youtube.com/watch?v=5n7qfRNzS3s

no

His c major quintet is his best

any recommended recording?

youtu.be/S3tmFhrOgNk

Classical is the most refined form of music.

Attached: GGGGGGGGGGGG.jpg (777x691, 92.53K)

B A S E D

Beethoven of course
I'm partial to Machaut but I can understand putting Hildegard first

Brahms’ early works are boring as fuck. Change my mind.
t. Brahms fan

T R O U T

MASK

>emotionally manipulative and completely lacking in intellectual complexity, substance, coherency, and subtlety.
>mediocrity disguised as creativity
>excessive, jarring, screeching and laughably insincere instead of honest and thoughtful musical commentary
>bullshitter ejaculating fermented festering feces directly into your face their obscene compound of smug haughtiness and paradoxical cynicism

You are very good at describing yourself and your posts.

Yikers!

guys please give me download link for Bach - St Matthew Passion in some normal form - divided into tracks in many mp3, instead of "1 CD - 1 track" shit, with good tags, in mp3 instead of mp4332matroshka etc

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7NrD5Bnug

youtube-dl
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nUmmrUk_2p2M20clv2QeoJ8yqJF65IJRM

Is this Beethoven

checked

>128kbps

Bros is Simon Rattle a hack? I find myself consistently disappointed in his interpretations.

Satie was a proto-troll is what he was.

>uses german esset but not the accent tréma for cahmeel sawn-sawn
bringe

Are people that disrespect Liszt still a thing?

he studied with bernstein, so yes

the SUPERIOR Couperin
youtube.com/watch?v=7W2HCCAxUfA

>Bros is Simon Rattle a hack?

Totally, here he is with a fellow Richard Dawkins discussing music
youtu.be/pj5oqYKI9xo

Just listened to him conduct Koechlin's Les Bandar-log and it was so milquetoast and unbalanced.

lol

Liszt (originally, Schubert).
Der Erlkönig.

He looks exactly like that curly haired Harvard psychologist that reddit cums over.
In general I don't trust any modern Englishman with music. They're all bland and timid and it's obvious from their faces alone

Lmao I thought that's moot

why does becoming a virtuoso make people crazy?

you got it all wrong user,
only crazy people become virtuosos.

You literally have to devout your entire life to music
Only 200 IQ autist like bach can make it work

Yes.
Fuck Liszt.

why

Fremd bin ich eingezogen, fremd zieh ich weider

Attached: 6441018_thumb.png (400x322, 48.43K)

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=ThkuSt7hC6I

What is "ugly music"?
And is she right for refusing to compose "ugly music"?

Attached: Alma.jpg (631x405, 53.1K)

Wagner.

He's a mendelssohn style melodist, give her time to move out her baby mozart phase and she'll start impressing

Not a single piece she's written is memorable, she's a rich kid that was given good tuition but little artistic talent.

Once again, this is her baby mozart phase
Mozart's music at it's earliest stage had very little character aside from a few choice pieces, but when got older his music matured with him, and he became the mozart we know and love today
Give her her time, see what happens. If she drops off the face of the earth you have full rights to laugh at mw for shilling her

As much as I love novelty acts, she's certainly no deaf blind asian man pretending to be a composer.