I've tried listening to death metal, but I just can't get into it. Not because it's too heavy for me...

I've tried listening to death metal, but I just can't get into it. Not because it's too heavy for me, but because it all sounds so samey and boring. It's just so fucking repetitive. When I listen to a full death metal album, it all just blurs together. So unmemorable. Any bands and albums to help me change my mind on the genre?

Attached: Top-10-Most-Famous-Death-Metal-Bands.jpg (1200x1200, 236.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/thyartismurderofficial/make-america-hate-again
youtube.com/watch?v=-l9Pthwq2d8
youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ29OzxprA
youtube.com/watch?v=4GPFduVKuEg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptl1BF6PDPU
youtube.com/watch?v=8olZF-oMryI
youtube.com/watch?v=2lnBmNJgRWs
youtube.com/watch?v=icwNtcmqj8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FbVdurzst6g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gagVDAD8M
youtu.be/GPgraEm_R5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cynic - Focus

Between The Buried and Me

Thy Art Is Murder
soundcloud.com/thyartismurderofficial/make-america-hate-again

The interesting parts about that album are all the non Death metal aspects

It's a fucking awful genre

listen to more progressive death metal then

Hieronymus Bosch - Artificial Emotions
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race

12 year old edgelord: the genre

Not OP but in the same boat. This is a fucking terrible idea.

Listen to just one band and appreciate it, and then see what each band does differently. Alternatively, listen to blackened death metal.

Have you checked out Bolt Thrower? Death metal band that has some actual groove to it. They actually use blastbeats and chugs for accentuating rather than them being entire songs.

Maybe you just don't like death metal. If you're a black metal listener, it might comfort you to know I like death metal because I feel like most of the classic bands have killer riffs and solos, but feel the same you do about it about black metal. Not all genres are going to appeal to you.

If that isn't the case though and idk maybe you're an Iron Maiden fan or Metallica fan or something, I unironically suggest trying melodic death metal, look into At The Gates, early In Flames, pretty much the usual starting points. It gets memed on by edgelords, but there is good stuff in the genre.

Maybe? Try Opeth or something more progressive, maybe.

Out of those bands, the only one I'd take is Morbid Angel.

>getting filtered by music just because it doesn't focus on pop melodies and vocals
Go back to listening to Def Leppard OP it might be more your thing

Attached: 1580459816753.jpg (354x375, 15.98K)

I like this.

Attached: a2465107304_10.jpg (1200x1200, 591.12K)

Ew, faggot shit

Posting anime girl reaction images automatically renders your post irrelevant.

Don't try to force yourself to like something. It doesn't work. Just go on your way and you might find yourself back at death metal again and end up liking it.

>Any bands and albums to help me change my mind on the genre?
All the bands in your picture

crazy that you fellows asking for recommendations don't even know what the fuck u want

You just have to find the actually good bands/albums, i'd agree that for the most part death metal is super samey and a bunch of the riffs/songs are pretty unmemorable, like miss me with basically anything by Incantation or Malevolent Creation. These bands when it comes to formula/songwritting (in my opinion) are some of the best:
youtube.com/watch?v=-l9Pthwq2d8
youtube.com/watch?v=KjZ29OzxprA
youtube.com/watch?v=4GPFduVKuEg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptl1BF6PDPU
youtube.com/watch?v=8olZF-oMryI
youtube.com/watch?v=2lnBmNJgRWs
youtube.com/watch?v=icwNtcmqj8Y

idk, try to look for more than just "death metal". car bomb, electric wizard, death - these are bands with extremely different sounds, for example.

old school death metal isn't the only genre of metal. try to vary your tastes a bit. metal as a genre has evolved a lot since the 1990's.

youtube.com/watch?v=FbVdurzst6g
idk how you can dislike this. but suit yourself, OP. you don't *have to* like it

>Napalm Death
>Death Metal

Attached: 60857613_10157127414212719_1463589064790769664_n.jpg (407x399, 12.01K)

Death Metal is shit because of the vocals, if death metal was all instrumental I’d probably like it

So if you don't like harsh vocals why don't you just listen to metal with clean vocals

listen to The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abyss
almostly entirely instrumental but in the death metal style

pussy

Melodic death metal is a great genre to get lost in... so many bands with different priorities on their sound

for Death Metal though, I’d give psycroptic’s - sceptor of the ancients a listen. its technically “technical death metal” but its really engaging to listen to

fucking lmao. taim is one of the most fucking generic bands out there.

the only good one

Attached: cover.jpg (1464x1443, 1.14M)

The problem is that you're expecting memorable songwriting when death metal is all about riffs or moods. But mainly I just think you're ADHD tbqh

If you couldn't dig Suffo then I can't really help you. Check out Immolation maybe? I dunno dude

Malevolent Creation. Brett's vocals sound like a demon from the depths of hell.

I was in the same boat as you OP, so far I've enjoyed:
Infest the Rats' Nest
Dopesmoker
Advaitic Songs
and to a lesser extent Sunbather
I know these are all touristcore but make of them what you will.

Not death metal

King Gizzard and Deafheaven are not death metal wtf

shit I didn't see the 'death' before the metal I'm retarded

Listen to this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gagVDAD8M

It's not for everybody. Try melodeath.

Have you tried
>Gorguts
>Cynic
>Ulcerate
>diSEMBOWELMENT
>Demilich
>Opeth
>Timeghoul
>Edge Of Sanity (Crimson I and II)
>Esoteric
>Howls of Ebb
>Strapping Young Lad
?

If no, then you should reconsider your statement

Autopsy is better than all of them (except maybe Death) anyway.
This, not death metal, but hands down GOAT prog metal.

Morbid angel, suffocation, early vader >>>>>>>>> autopsy

Listen to this one my guy

Attached: Pestilence_(band)_-_Consuming_Impulse.jpg (220x220, 22.66K)

Of these bands, I love Napalm Death, Death, Obituary, Deicide, Suffocation, and Entombed.

>I-It's not b-because it's loud or heavy I-I'm just incapable of distinguishing musical patterns

el oh el

Just listen to Morningrise

Or Those Once Loyal

Cope tourist

>samey and boring
listen to Igorrr pretty "distinct and exciting"

Death - Symbolic
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinations

don't listen to death metal as much as I used to but these two were some of my favorites

Bitch you're talking about the most popular death metal bands ever what are you doing going on about tourists lmao

Only tourists think autopsy is good

Opeth. also wtf is napalm death vader and six feet under doing on that list

fag moron
faggier moron

Attached: Opeth - Ghost Reveries.jpg (900x900, 181.93K)

>>Or Those Once Loyal
bolt thrower is as samey as it gets. the AC/DC of death metal

listen to Acacia Strain, Extermination Dismemberment, or Dying Fetus. They're all good and heavy, yet distinct from each other

I'm about to save you a lot of years and just post this youtu.be/GPgraEm_R5U

Not death metal

OP complains about sameyness and you choose to post hardcore punk? There's more variety in one death metal song than in that entire genre kek

i feel the same way but i would say that Chuck Schuldiner is pretty creative in making things not sound too repetitive but thats cuz its like prog or something

dehydrated was one of the first death metal songs I ever heard when I was a little kid. Scared the crap outta me LOL