Is music pointless?

Is music pointless?

Attached: E06BC073-FCB7-4196-A7BF-ED70141767AB.jpg (750x408, 231.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmoetica.com/B1424-TE1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=SZUaY0rhWfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well, it's not pointy

Art elevates the soul.

where is the soul, and why does it need elevation?

if someone is going through heavy shit and a song makes them feel better, that’s immensely important just based on that

OH NONONO WE GOT TOO COCKY Yas ForumsBROS

Its worthless because of streaming and people giving it away for free.

i bet you're an atheist

Go your whole life without indulging in entertainment

Your mind on capitalism

non answers

You asked and I told you a way to find out yourself go your whole life without indulging and you'll know

That's what I'm doing, and I feel better than ever. Entertainment is one of the many shackles that are holding the 21st century man down. One day humanity will look back on this age and will wonder how we could ever allow ourselves in degeneracy without even realizing it.

I am never entertained.

>They are entertainment and nothing more

Attached: yeschad.jpg (647x659, 40.42K)

Shitposting on the internet is a form of entertainment devoid yourself of all of that if you were truly down for the cause you'd become a monk

Posting on the internet is a sacred endeavor to enlighten other souls.

Why do you think humans evolved to like nice sounds?

Attached: smoking.jpg (581x521, 116.74K)

Entertainment has nothing to do with art. Music isn't important because it's entertaining

Kill yourself

entertainment is irrational. irrationality goes entirely against the enlightenment project.

to advocate childish, irrational "entertainment" is to destroy western culture and civilization

bitch, art cures death.

semitic typing patterns detected

What is a soul and why does it need enlightenment

kek i bet your an atheist

Entertainment isn't important for humans?

I hate music
What is it worth
Can't bring anyone back to this earth
Filling the space between all the notes
But it's all I have got, so I guess here we go

The soul is the spiritual manifestation of your being. It needs to attain enlightenment in order to escape the cycle of suffering that is material life

everything is pointless in some broad sense unless you believe in god or something, its kinda a stupid question because you could ask this about anything and the answer would be no

using Yas Forums is entertainment, retard

Music makes mundane tasks easier so in a sense it is more than entertainment. It assists in life improving activities such as cleaning, it's more like vegetables or something that benefits you. Though, we probably are missing out on the mental improvements it takes to do mundane tasks with just our thoughts and the sounds of the world. So in that sense music can become a crutch if you have to listen to it every time you do something mundane. Not sure, let me think about it a bit today

It really depends on the listener.
for some people music is just entertainment, something to pass the time. For others music is deeply spiritual, a connection to the deepest of emotions.

Not as pointless as movies desu

We listen to music every day. If something's value is determined by whether it can cure cancer or not then nothing is important. Music is the most popular thing on earth, and it's the one thing bonding white people, black people, faggots, trannies, Jews, Muslims, Indians, South Americans and Asians together

No. Sage and report

Health is pointless?

underrated

whats the point in being healthy? you're going to die anyways

you should probably kill yourself

Why does câncer need to be cured?

good post.
I definitely use it as a crutch for doing menial tasks like vacuuming or doing the dishes. or even just going out for a walk.

this
movies are truly worthless

nah

if you see music's sole purpose as "me hear good sound, me ear like", then yeah you're going to think it's overrated. How people form their taste in music is 100% anecdotal, so it's really hard to argue for music's importance by just pointing to great artists or masterpiece albums. So looking at it from a different, more concrete perspective; throughout history music has proven time and time again to help catalyze cultural revolutions and social reforms. There's the Nueva canción in Latin America, Minjung-Gayo in Asia, Singing Revolution in Europe, and the Harlem Renaissance in North America. Music is one of the greatest enzymes for cultural diffusion, and to discredit it just because you think some modern artist is a faggot isn't fair.

Attached: ayaya.jpg (768x432, 36.77K)

>Music makes mundane tasks easier so in a sense it is more than entertainment.

you must have a great imagination.

this

for me music is an end in of itself

>disregarding art
it doesn't get any more plebeian than this

For me, music is what gets me through the day. Not trying to say that without music id off myself instantly, but I think without it I'd be far less motivated to do anything. It helps slug through the mundane but it also can be a beautiful experience when focused on its own.

Great essay on music here for anyone willing to read

cosmoetica.com/B1424-TE1.htm

If music had to feel serious like psychiatry of course it wouldn't be entertaining

Nah. Anything that makes ya feel something has purpose.

Music makes the world go round man .
It's the pinnacle of human expression .

youtube.com/watch?v=SZUaY0rhWfk

Baste

This is great brah thanks :)

movies only exist so you can eat regurgitated wormies from mr director and be brainwashed/data mined
Anybody who goes to movie theaters (or watches movies) is a retard

do you not?
how sad...

what the fuck is the value of some stupid paper you use to exchange goods? barter system was better sense right? what's the point of the digits you work for in our bank account? if a whole civilization is playing along to something, it's relevant. music (and other art) is culture not only because it says shit about us as humans but because everyone just played along with some caveman banging sticks. and it has been hardwired so much into our biology that a newborn will vibe to a drumbeat without knowing what a kick drum at 95bpm means. or just fuck all this, you think you're snowflake for avoiding art? go on. but you'll fade away as nothing in the scene while the next 5 generations still enjoy the fading culture of humanmade music.

agree with this 100%

Ever seen a movie without any music? Yeah me neither