Happy 52nd Birthday to this Psychedelic Landmark. Please feel free to post the first lyric that comes to mind...

Happy 52nd Birthday to this Psychedelic Landmark. Please feel free to post the first lyric that comes to mind, or say a little bit about what this music means to you.

Attached: We're Only In It For the Money.jpg (1418x1416, 645.83K)

I'll spend a week and get the crabs, then take a bus back home

It's good but overrated and gimmicky, you can find better musicianship on almost any other Zappa album

A MARVEL TO BE SEEN
DYSENTERY GREEN

bow tie daddy don't you blow your top

SMASH EVERY CREEP IN THE FACE WITH A ROCK

I once listened to this on the tram while coming down from an acid trip.

The first word in this song is discorporate, it means to leave your body

ALL YOUR CHILDREN ARE POOR UNFORTUNATE VICTIMS OF LIES YOU BELIEVE.

A PLAGUE UPON YOUR IGNORANCE THAT KEEPS THE YOUNG FROM THE TRUTH THEY DESERVE.

Don't cry, gotta go bye bye, suddenly die die....

What
is the ugliest
part
of your body?

how i love ya how i love ya how i love ya how i love ya how i love ya how i love ya frisco

Do you think that I'm crazy

Out of my mind?

Whats the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose.
Some say your toes.
But I think its your mind.

Attached: 01 Frank Zappa, 1978.jpg (642x980, 56.85K)

And then?

I personally think this is the best 'psychedelic album', and I love that the best psychedelic album of all time bashes hippies for being phony stoned college kids looking get laid. I think that's hilarious. I like that it also poses that the government took the hippie movement seriously as a threat "American way, threatened by us..."

No other album of the time brings mixes tunefulness, experimentalism, and self awareness nearly to this degree

I love the fact that I had never listened that Velvet Underground line in Concentration Moon up until very recently wheen looking for the album on slsk and an Uncensored version popped out

CHOCOLATE SYRUP

oh wait, wrong album

My favorite zappa album. And that’s still after listening to a vast majority of his discography.

I mean, as a zappa fan it’s got everything you could ever hope for packaged into one epic. First, ive gotta commend the fact that it flows together so seamlessly, it was one of the first albums of its kind to do that, zappa was the premiere pioneer of concept albums, and of experimental rock music and that fact oozes out of this album. It’s much better listened to in one whole sitting, it’s like a giant continuous song.

The avant Garde, Musique concrete, the original zappa melodies, the biting satire, the societal commentary, it’s all ridiculously sharp, and much is still relevant today.

Especially Harry you’re a beast/what’s the ugliest part of your body I think everyone could listen and learn from those tunes.
“ I'm gonna tell you the way it is
And I'm not gonna be kind or easy
Your whole attitude stinks, I say
And the life you lead is completely empty
You paint your head
Your mind is dead
You don't even know what I just said
That's you, American womanhood
You're phony on top
You're phony underneath
You lay in bed
And grit your teeth”

And towards the end when it goes to lonely little girl-take your clothes off when you dance, and then the ugliest part of your body reprise and finishing off with mother people is quite possibly one of the best moments in music history

He totally one upped his contemporaries, totally wrecked the Beatles, the only thing else I have to say is please, if you plan on listening to this album,

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL 68’ CUT AND NOT THE SHITTY 84 REMIX

Zappa was truly out of his mind with that one.

What line are you referring to? Unfamiliar with any sort of VU reference on Concentration Moon.

I READ THE NEWS TODAY OH BOY

Attached: 1583270043990.jpg (386x391, 20.34K)

OP here and I like this analysis. It flows seamlessly as a concept album, and the songs blend together. Those lyrics are a great example of the biting social commentary throughout that is still as relevant 52 years later. This album makes Sgt Pepper look like child's play. It's also just very catchy

It’s in the middle, the whispering section.

TVU And The mothers were on the same label Verve and mixed by the same guy I believe, and he was commenting on how Zappa’s band sounded almost as shitty as the mothers

I get a good laugh whenever I listen to Harry You're A Beast and imagine the amount of women that just heard the tune completely stoned and danced to it back then without really paying attention to it

Look up Concentration Moon on youtube/soulseek and listen to the one that is 2m35s long

Got it, thanks. I don't think that line is in the version on I've listened to. Funny, VU would've I think have only release the first two albums at this point. Amazing albums, but basically unknown to anyone yet.

THE CHILD WILL THRIVE AND GROW

AND ENTER A WORLD

WITH LIARS AND CHEATERS AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU

WHO SMILE, AND THINK YOU KNOW

An amazing album that I'm glad to see get some mention here

how I love ya friscooooooo

I don't do publicity balling for you anymore

FZ: Well . . . operator?
Operator: Hold for a minute, please . .
FZ: Hello?
Operator: Yes, sir . .
FZ: Ah, can you call 678-9866?
Operator: Same area code?
FZ: Yes
Operator: Right
FZ: Is that Vicki?
Pam: Yeah . . . He's gonna bump you off yet, he's got a gun, you know . . . (heh heh heh . . . ) If he didn't get ya in Laurel Canyon, he won't get you here
Vicki: Hello?
Pam: Vicki?
Vicki: Yeah
Pam: What's happening?
Vicki: Listen: your father has called me up this . .
Pam: Now look, just don't panic but just tell me . .
Vicki: I'm not panicking!
Pam: OK
Vicki: I think my phone's tapped too
Pam: Well don't worry, that's quite alright
Vicki: Alright . . . Your father called me up this afternoon
Pam: Just a sec . .

COOOOOONCENTRAAAAAATION COOOOOOOOOOM

OVER THE CAMP IN THE VALLEY

Surprised nobody has commented this yet, BUT:

Hi there boys and girls I'm Jimmy Carl Black and I'm the indian of the group

RIP Jimmy.

OPAL YOU HOT LITTLE BITCH

Attached: BB6D37EA-C7F5-44CB-AA22-AE35076343ED.jpg (220x165, 10.68K)

HAIR GROWING OUT EVERY HOOOOOOOLE IN ME

YOU'RE JUST A LONELY LITTLE GIRRRRLLLLLLLLLL

Hey pal, where you going with that button on your shirt?

Well I'm going off to frisco to play my bongo in the dirt

Then I went home and slept.

The most anti-boomer album ever made

Here's a question, is it better than sgt.pepper? I think it is.

>Hendrix hugging a little kid in the cover
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

haha classic american

>when you're incapable of creating anything new and all you know how to do is parody and tear down what others have created

And there are actual pseuds who will argue that this Jewish filth is superior to the Beatles

The beatles wanted their own "Freak Out" and recorded Sgt Pepper
Sgt Pepper took over 300 hours of studio time and millions of dollars of post-production

Zappa recorded the entirety of post-Freak Out Mother's of Invention stuff in like 5 months, before sgt peppers even came out
The Sgt Peppers thing was an after-thought

and it's still better than it

Zappa was Italian, now fuck off back to your containment board

52 years later
beatlesfags are still getting trolled by the artwork

He's some kind of arab and that's completely irrelevant to his shit being Jewish filth.

what's hendrix doing to that little girl?

Checking if shes experienced

even though the real cover was supposed to make fun of it i like both :)

pretty low iq take man

songwriting wise its probably his best front to back

Obsession with parody over creating something genuine is purely destructive and only appeals to adolescent minds.

you're close minded

satire is valid artistic expression, and my dad's a boomer and still gets a kick out of listening to mothers

Failure to acknowledge détournement a legitimate artistic processes that often benefits society at large is a shortcoming truly worthy of ridicule.

You dipshits really think this album was a parody of Sgt Peppers? The album was half way recorded when that album was released, the cover art was the only thing actually parodying the Beatles.

It’s funny because when zappa was around he was constantly attacked as “anti-Semitic” by the ADL for his song “Jewish Princess”

And moreover as another user noted, you seem to have you definitions warped. When weird al does a cover of a song like “bad” and makes it “I’m FAT” that is a parody. Zappa snidely chiding people in his lyrics is not a parody. At most, he’s guilty of doing pastiches, but all of his music is original, genuine, and creative, and you’d know that if you listened to any of his music.

Parody is not satire. Satire is not information. Information is
not knowledge
Knowledge is
not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...
Wisdom is the domain
of the Wis
(which is extinct).
Beauty is a French
phonetic corruption
Of a short cloth
neck ornament
Currently in
resurgence...

>Information is
>not knowledge
>Knowledge is
>not wisdom
that probably was disregarded as too pretentious back then but it holds so true today, with every idiot who thinks that not being like them is a problem and that reading a book is the solution

Oh, I think my hair is getting good in the back