/metal/

Misanthropy edition
New to /metal/ and its music? Try the FAQ for all sorts of helpful charts: pastebin.com/vHeAR1Bt
Previously, on /metal/

Attached: 61ixYM9CBXL._SS500.jpg (500x500, 84.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7zlMqvQd8M&list=PLFB1930C7C5AA8BF7
youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9G6CWnTAM
youtube.com/watch?v=OeGMxzR3YJA
youtube.com/watch?v=OgbG7TpQIm0
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s
youtu.be/kqDzJnHoR-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PhJmQ2f-Dgk
youtube.com/watch?v=c5vh7jtrW2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=q5rQ_xaNhuA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohk73dP1voE
youtube.com/watch?v=efpHs41Zrm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Traditional Heavy Metal influence.

Attached: Headphones gigachad..png (700x902, 313.99K)

severe torture is the fucking shit. death metal at its finest

youtube.com/watch?v=e7zlMqvQd8M&list=PLFB1930C7C5AA8BF7

I'll remind you faggots that Rotting Christ is the darkest, heaviest, truest band in the planet and it will never be outclassed.

Attached: Sanctus Diavolicus.jpg (1429x1419, 354.23K)

Who /bizkitstyle/ here?

this is line inoffensive background music. whats the hook?

Attached: The_Nocturnal_Silence_cover.jpg (300x300, 35.44K)

I had forgotten it exists.

Anyone got that "/meal/ approved albums"-chart or something like that. It appeared here few weeks ago, and had great albums. I didn't check them all out yet. If I remember correctly it had Beherit, Slaughter and Holocausto in it. If rest are on same level, it has fucking good recs in it.

I'd like to remind you all that long hair is for faggots.

just listen to burguli if you like these bands

Cope, baldie.

>what's the hook
Le spooky band logo and later on, le Necrolord artwork.

It's ok band. Not great, not terrible. Thanks for it. But the chart had about 20 (or more?) bands in it. Agh, should have saved it then.

>I'd like to remind you all that long hair is for faggots.

Attached: cuck.jpg (785x731, 65.12K)

Just listen to any first wave band.

Do you like lesbians?

No because its soulless, overly technical wank that doesnt give off a single hint of darkness. Bands such as I dunno Drowning the Light and Hypothermia, which are true fucking black metal no matter how you slice it, produce such darkness that i mean a single track out of raksbladsvalsen posseses way more fucking darkness than dissection's entire discography. I firmly believe that the best fucking bands in bm are so underrated because quite frankly they're too dark for the normie faggots to handle. Normie faggots get into bands such as dissection, which is basically metalcore, or rotting christ, another shit band that claims to be black metal, but is in fact orchestral cringe metal.

I've listened them all, good stuff. But chart had more. It had death and thrash too.

True Satanic Black Metal includes bands like Darkthrone, Aryan Satankampf, Graveland, Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit and Impaled Nazarene. You can listen to Metallica if you want, but you don't understand anything about the real Hitleric Nazi Black Metall. You're just a poster and you can fuck the whole scene. Black Metal is True Music, not meant for your kind of animals, but for real Satanic Misanthropists who don't care about your kind of bullshit. Black Metal is elite music and you don't understand it. None of you understands True Satanism. You are ridiculous toddlers. Our worldview is based on Wotan Hitlerism, on a personal level Satanic individualism, on a collective level Hitlerian fascism. Without an understanding of theoretical occultism, it is futile to dream of understanding a Wotan worldview. None of you can understand Wotanism, for you are all intellectually like baptisms. You cannot reach the level of elitist Satanism, so why do you even dream about it. Satanism and Black Metal are for the elite. For real misanthropists.

Black metal isn't very zappa-esque.

>for you are all intellectually like baptisms.
You had bit of a translation error right there.

Triggering you is so easy. I love it.

Responding to faggot on last thread

Heathen

Why do basedfaggot zoomers never know about fucking Heathen

youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9G6CWnTAM

youtube.com/watch?v=OeGMxzR3YJA

DtL will NEVER ever create anything as good as this track
youtube.com/watch?v=OgbG7TpQIm0

>incel is just a mem-

Because they have three LPs total and all the well remembered 80's Thrash bands had these massive runs of classic albums one after the other. Heathen is great, but the public is sketchy on what it remembers.

Or anything good in general.

Dissection isn't supposed to be dark. It's just fun band. Black metal riffs + Iron Maiden riffs. Just enjoyable. Nothing to do with metalcore. Take it easy. Have sex.

>whats the hook?
riffs

Heathen is meh. There was a review on Metallum that described Victims of Deception as encapsulating the worst aspects of tech thrash and I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm boomer and I can't stand the usual sung clean heavy metal vocals on thrash. It's gotta be shouted or growled vocals. Then it's good thrash.

Black Metal is music for the elite and you do not understand it. None of you understand the real Satanism. You ridiculous little kids. Our worldview is based on Wotanic Hitlerism, on a personal level satanic individualism, collective level Hitleric Fascism. Without an understanding of the theoretical occultism, it is useless to dream of understanding the Wotanic worldview. None of you can understand Wotanism, for you are all intellectually earthworms. You can not reach the elite level of Satanism, so why even you dream about it. Satanism and Black Metal are the elite. For real misanthropists

Söythrone were shitty trendhoppers since day one. Now ted and fenriz are the alternative lifestyle romantic life partner commandeers of a mob of ironic torch wielding söyboys who claim to be all about CULT, OLDSCHOOL METAL even though they only just discovered Agent Steel and Manilla Road in the last 5 years
It must suck only being remembered for Transilvanian Hunger and Under a Funeral Moon, which are just shitty imitations of Burzum

Söyside Journey: generic Swedish style DM album #928192819

A Blaze in the Söythern Sky: "now we're kvlt black metal because Euronymous said black metal is cool!!!! nevermind the songs are still basically death metal riff salads that happen to have some Mayhem ripoff riffs tossed in!"

Under a Söyneral Moon: MUH ICY GUITAR. it's SUPPOSED to sound thin and weak! that's the point!

Söysilvanian Hunger: wow, it's like Burzum, except without any of the dynamics or songwriting or interesting use of feedback and distortion! And the first pressing has a REALLY EDGY message in the liner notes haha but don't worry they weren't serious!!!!! they were kidding around!!! (Fenriz needs non-white people's money too!)

Panzersöy: the "we're out of ideas" album

All the pure BM albums after that are even more uninspired than the C-rate Darkthrone clones coming out around the same time like Craft and Katharsis.pathetic.

Then they turned into Norwegian Jack Black comedy rock bullshit, and that's where they remain today.

Fuck fenjizz. Fuck Cockturnal Culto. Fuck söythrone.

Attached: 1577107421218.jpg (1200x864, 556.09K)

>You're just a poster and you can fuck the whole scene.
I'm a poster and I can fuck the whole scene? That's psychedelic bro.

Someone sure saved all the copypastas from 5 years ago.

How about Lord Frieza on the vocals then you massive dweeb

youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

Go suck your dad's cock like you always do, you pathetic homo.

>modern thrash
No. I'm vintage elitist homo.

>5
try 10

Black Metal is pretty gay ngl. There's nothing wrong with being gay, mind you. But yeah, Black Metal is like, really gay.

Metal is inherently Satanic

You are a projecting gay.

Homosex is satanic. It is an abomination!

post em if you got em

What's their best album?

Attached: Opeth.jpg (1365x1365, 469.6K)

Attached: 1582782239530.png (339x373, 95.6K)

My arms your he-arse

>protecting
only gigagays utilize psychoanalytic babble

that one that sounds really gay

You are a psychopathic bubblebabble gigagay utily.

>Non gay black metal
Does such a thing exist?

Attached: ER-CUr7X0AAcCgC.jpg (680x678, 62.94K)

Rabbinical cope

yeah it's called white metal
praise jesus

Give me some crust with skull fracturing bass.

literal soulless non-music

ah bloo bloo (you gay btw)

Never heard of that one. Any good?

Blackwater Park is unironically one of the best albums of all time.

He really looks like Kid Rock in that pic.

>literal
Hello, r*ddit.

D-did you say... skull fracturing?
SHACKLES AND CHAINS AND BLOODY MEAT
WALLS OF STONE ENTOMB
TORTURE CHAMBER, VICTIM'S PUNISHMENT
SAVAGE EXECUTION

based

i bet you listen to ayreon

That album opens up with a sick riff but remains just ok for the rest of the album

more like this? especially like the vocal parts in song sociopath

Attached: Octagon_album.jpg (317x314, 28.93K)

Umm... Slayer?

COVID-19

this but unironically
i like blackwater park tho

damn, i kind of forgot this band exists

This is legit the worst metal album I've ever heard.

Whatses yourses guyses opionses onses oldses slayerses

I miss him so much, bros...

Attached: hentai.png (461x622, 774.7K)

Up to South of Heaven: based
Afterwards: there are individual songs that are good, but on the whole I don't care.

Soulless music.

Still Life.

Attached: 1583086776860.jpg (1080x1331, 306.06K)

No it isn't. You are beign a drama queen.

Morbid's December Moon is 5/5 demo.

Black metal is inherently gay.

Attached: 20200130_190724.jpg (1080x849, 258.14K)

I mean, it's undeniable.
Euronymous was a fag.
Dead was a fag.
Quorthon was a fag.

If you as a death metal fan can't enjoy a single bm band, you are a poser. That's a fact.

It is. Other contenders:
>St. Anger
>The Unspoken King
>Illud Divinum Insanus

All great albums

Maybe if your ears are filled with cum.

And how are you exactly more straight than Quorthon? You've toured and made 12 fucking good albums too? Even better and influential than Bathory? Even fucked more girls after gigs than Quorthon?

...in reality you have probably even never played a guitar or been in gig even as a fan. If Quorthon is a fag, how gay are you? Do you eat shit of all old men straight from their assholes while sticking rotten sausages in your own ass or what?

What the fuck has that got to do with inceldom you dumb nigger?

>You've toured and made 12 fucking good albums too? Even better and influential than Bathory? Even fucked more girls after gigs than Quorthon?
Yes

Nice psychosis, fag.

Up to and including Divine Intervention is a flawless hand.

seething

Black Metal is inherently ant-Semitic.
This means you need to leave while you still can.

Yes. Fuck you poser. Go listen your Blowjob For A Gayboy, if Bathory is too straight for you.

>Illud Divinum Insanus
This is a great album with two bad spots.

based

Black metal is inherently Semitic.

lel
nigga be jelly of quorthon's SWAG

Attached: glam quorthon.jpg (564x767, 89.47K)

Is there anything more pathetic than thinking some poser as a based? Are you his fan? What a sad little faggot.

cringe

>Is there anything more pathetic than thinking some poser as a based?
Yes, thinking he isn't based.

imagine seething this hard because someone made fun of your boyfriend

How the fuck were they so big in the 2000s?

Slayer do be kinda based do

Attached: 4991fa57f5caa1500a8bbdd70bf60587.png (156x64, 1.24K)

based and correct take

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

And I don't even hate you, but fuck you too.

Attached: image0.gif (418x418, 2.6M)

it seems to me that the general progression of a metalhead is as follows: get into the Foo Fighters or Tenacious D or maybe some scene kid stuff, then move onto some Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath vibes, then move onto Metallica, then maybe some Pantera type shit before they go off the deep end into the good shit; death, black, thrash and so on so on.
Anyone else pretty much the opposite like me? I started out with Pantera, I thought anything lighter than Metallica was corny and grew up listening to hardcore and deathcore and what have you but my tastes have gotten softer and softer over the years. My vibe nowadays is like Savatage, Heavy Load, Attacker, Warlord, Fury, Ancient Empire y'know classic trad shit. I still keep up with newish heavier stuff like Vektor, Mgla, High Command(dropped a banging album recently) etc etc and I still like Cancer and Deicide and what have you but I have to be 'in the mood'.
Is this just getting old? Have my eardums had enough casual fucking and now want to settle down with something nice? Am i gay now? the manowar torso vibes trump the wintry sacrificial altar aesthetic for me these days

Fuck you, Sonic fucker.

You know, that really hurt my feelings, user.

Sexual repression does some weird things to your brain.

It must be hard for you wanting to listen to Black Metal, but knowing it seeks your death. Cope.

I started with Ozzy -> nwobhm/power metal -> melodeath/meloblack -> 2nd wave black -> 1st wave/thrash/death

based

Reminder that Ozzy is what Sabbath Sabbath and was the backbone of the band.

Sorry about that user, and fuck you.

I'm trying to understand this statement, but I don't.

for me it was Nirvana -> Melvins -> sludge and doom metal in general -> Slayer -> death metal -> black metal

Jeff Hanneman RIP

Attached: jeff-hanneman-guitar.jpg (1025x972, 183.2K)

he said "how much head would a headbanger bang if a headbanger could bang head?"

Japanese Death Metal is the best.

Attached: Cover.jpg (600x602, 188.03K)

youtu.be/kqDzJnHoR-Q

>get into the Foo Fighters or Tenacious D or maybe some scene kid stuff
Already started off wrong
>Anyone else a special snowflake like me?
Yes, unfortunately. You can meet them at gay bathhouses, usually discussing topics such as how manly and totally not gay Quorthon is, while they bathe and fondle each other.

>Sludge metal

Attached: soy026.jpg (289x299, 19.08K)

t. Ozzy

youtube.com/watch?v=PhJmQ2f-Dgk

Sludge Metal

Attached: wojakgigachas.jpg (645x773, 44.5K)

What are your favorite metal band names? Just the names, quality of their music doesn’t matter.

Attached: C2B2716B-73C8-41B1-9817-85313FE905B9.jpg (2383x3129, 850.16K)

This is funeral doom.

Check out Moonblood

Reminduh dat OZZY is what Sabbafh... Sabbafh and and was the fuggin backbone of the band MAN.

Attached: ozzy-osbourne-getty-825x580.jpg (825x580, 94.93K)

Ogre Upstairs is the greatest band name I've ever came across. Never found any of their stuff to listen to unfortunately.

anyone who uses the word snowflake unironically is a faggot

based
retard

This but unironically.

Slabdragger
Wizard Rifle

youtube.com/watch?v=c5vh7jtrW2Y

Ok snowflake. Why don't you unironically fuck my faggot ass with your unique snowflakey dick. I bet you'd like that, and me too since I'm a faggot.

Attached: 2.jpg (493x560, 49.68K)

is a dumbass but that response is retarded

Iommi is Sabbath, get the fuck over it.

Cope.

incel cope

Attached: unnamed.jpg (480x449, 30.25K)

>It must be hard for you wanting to listen to Black Metal, but knowing it seeks your death. Cope.

Attached: 1564936820635[1].jpg (732x1054, 180.14K)

Angel Witch and Witchfinder General

>Drowning the Light is shi-
youtube.com/watch?v=q5rQ_xaNhuA

important long haired people throughout history
>isaac newton
>george carlin
>alexander the great
important short haired people throughout history
>hitler
>anthony fantano

I rest my case

For me it's Geezer Butler.

incel incel incel boomer zoomer oomer based based cringe cringe you have never had an original thought in your entire life

Thought on Hardwired? It's actually a pretty good album, much better than I expected. Looks like Metallica hasn't totally gone off their rocker like most bands. The riff in Now that we're dead is pretty good.

Attached: 220px-Hardwired..._To_Self-Destruct_Album_Cover.jpg (220x219, 14.71K)

Even Ozzy says that Iommi IS Black Sabbath.

>Fantano has shit tast-

Attached: Fantano10s_Updated.jpg (1452x374, 59.49K)

I agree, but I have to say Sabbath Ozzy backbone Sabbath what was Ozzy. And also Black Sabbath and was that Ozzy also Osbourne and Sabbath.

Wait I thought anthony was hitler and theneedledrop was his music review channel in 1933?

So what you're saying is that long hair is cringe and short hair is based? Wtf I'm gonna shave my head now.

Metallica. Pretty much the definition, also has an eastern European touch to it. Iron Maiden also sounds cool. Angel Witch. Slayer. Death. Morbid Angel.

I'm gonna shave my balls.

Attached: ozzyPNG.png (615x409, 472.08K)

We don't support skinheads or fantano here, bud.

Attached: Full.jpg (720x671, 39.24K)

Metallica and Death are the lamest names you could ever possibly give to your band.

metallica never has and never will release a good album

grow some balls and listen to incantation or grow a brain and listen to iron maiden or grow both and listen to opeth

Attached: Opeth - Blackwater Park.jpg (1500x1500, 416.62K)

Peak söy

Hitler was the best.

Attached: Motörhead Hitler.jpg (705x960, 138.5K)

Attached: 439.jpg (694x693, 35.73K)

based

>grow some balls and listen to incantation
haha based
>or grow a brain and listen to iron maiden
oof bro, that's kinda cringe
>or grow both and listen to opeth
oh no. it's retarded.

Attached: 1535409120329.png (691x518, 364.74K)

Wow edgy. It's good that Lemmy didn't live to see the post SJW era.

It sure does faggot. If you don't have an opinion on Hardwired to discuss then fuck off.

>Wow edgy
What is?

Based as fuck.

Söy

New Ulcerate
youtube.com/watch?v=Ohk73dP1voE

I think you need to be either a Metallica fanboy or a tourist or both to enjoy that album. I think it is embarrassing and exposes their complete lack of creativity. But if you find it enjoyable, more power to you. I can't bring myself to care about it one bit.

If you don't play Magic: the Gathering and listen to sludge metal exclusively, then you aren't a trve metal head.

>onions
t. unable to form independant thoughts

peak reddit

>shitty 4 panel comic meme
>peak-er reddit

This would be right if they hadn't made great album without him, and if he had ever made anything good without having to be backed by superior musicians like Butler, Iommi, Rhoads, etc.

>muh incantation
>muh bruh bruh bruh

Fuck off faggoty zoom zooms. Unlike you I've actually seen incantation and they suck

>opeth
>good

Here's an independent thought from me, that others have also independently arrived at: You and are gigantic faggots.

Only old school MTG is metal. NuMTG is cringe af.

>independant
I'm so sorry for your parents. Must have been difficult to raise a retarded child

Reddit is more metal than you ever will be.

>Ulcerate

Attached: gigachadHeadphones3.png (1080x1246, 587.97K)

What is old? Pre or post 8th edition?

R*ddit's top 10 BM albums:
>Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
>Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
>Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
>Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
>Ulver - Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler
>Burzum - Filosofem
>Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
>Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
>Rotting Christ - Thy Might Contract
>Sarcófago - I.N.R.I.

R*ddit's top 10 DM albums:
>Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
>Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
>Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
>Demilich - Nespithe
>Autopsy - Mental Funeral
>Autopsy - Severed Survival
>Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
>Death - Leprosy
>Deicide - s/t

R*ddit's top 10 thrash albums:
>Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
>Metallica - Ride The Lightning
>Megadeth - Rust in Peace
>Artillery - By Inheritance
>Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
>Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence
>Exodus - Bonded by Blood
>Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
>Sodom - Agent Orange
>Slayer - Show No Mercy

R*ddit's top 10 trad albums:
>Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
>Iron Maiden - Powerslave
>Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
>Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
>Angel Witch - s/t
>Satan - Court in Act
>Rainbow - Rising
>Mercyful Fate - Melissa
>Dio - Holy Diver
>Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead

R*ddit's top 10 doom albums:
>Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
>Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
>Sleep - Sleep's Holy Mountain
>Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
>Warning - Watching from a Distance
>Candlemass - Nightfall
>Trouble - Psalm 9
>Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
>Scald - Will of Gods Is a Great Power
>Ahab - The Wretched Call of the Sea

Upcoming: R*ddit's top 10 grind albums

Attached: Snoo.jpg (1080x1080, 50.95K)

>muh typo
>I'm so sorry for your parents
>Thinks the last sentence is some kind of punchline
reddit
wheezing rn

Cerebral Cereal is 10/10 name

>No witchfinder general
I am in the clear.

Attached: titodick.png (483x640, 291.7K)

>Power Metal is too high test for r*ddit

Smiling_Chad.jpg

Enjoy your faggot genres, ladies.

Do one for sludge. Sludge is the ultimate filter. There isn't enough discussion regarding sludge. The posers stick out like a sore thumb immediately. It's easy to ask around and pretend like you like the """best""" death, or black, or thrash albums, but these posers think the peak of sludge is Crowbar and Iron Monkey.

Power metal is peak söy.

Pre. The game gradually lost its soul afterwards. Khans of Tarkir was the last set worthy of note. Everything afterwards was shit.

Ok reddit

keep coping incel

They don't have one for sludge yet.

Better than Consuming Impulse

Attached: 2692073.jpg (600x600, 458.46K)

post your top 10 sludge albums

Spheres is the true patrician choice.

>powerviolence
Gay or not gay?

I blame bad story writing and SJW's. There are still some really cool mechanics, but the flavor is pretty bad. IMO Ravnica blocks were peak magic. Tarkir was fun but competitive play was cringe as al hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=efpHs41Zrm4
Read the comments and you decide.

Isis - Panopticon
Mastodon - Leviathan
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood
Isis - Oceanic
Neurosis - Times of Grace
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Neurosis - Souls at Zero
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Cult of Luna - Somewhere Along the Highway
Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm

Powerviolence is immensely based and high test.

>Nails
>Powerviolence
Based retard.

Lol what is it then?

>Lol what is it then?

Attached: Egytian tourist.png (1100x733, 1.41M)

based

Respond

poor bait, doubt your're even the same poster, now fuck off

user, if that's not powerviolence what is?

>I don't like those albums, so it's bait

metallic grindcore

Metalcore, then?

they're not even sludge so yeah it's bait you can stop acting like a retard now