Why do people think youtube equals a real job?

Why do people think youtube equals a real job?
Before google ads, people where perfectly fine
doing youtube as a side hobby. But nowdays
everybody seem unable to do something
unless they get paid for it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97.74K)

In your opinion, what is the difference between a real job, and getting paid for creating YouTube videos?

- a real job generates a salary
- anything fake is supported by ads & e-begging

I see your point. I like to make videos for fun. I don't get paid.

>a real job generates a salary
What does this mean?
>anything fake is supported by ads & e-begging
So newspapers are fake? Television networks are fake? YouTube itself is fake?

The quality of YouTube and the internet in general has dropped since everything became so corporate

Fuck off wagie, anything that pays the bill without violating the rights of others is a real job.

This

Attached: 1523470978907.jpg (626x461, 51.2K)

it means you're paid a fixed sum by the hour

real newspapers aren't fake because you buy them physically and you pay a fixed sum for access to you cable networks.

then you disagree on welfare, since it violates my rights by forcing me to pay for you. a real job violates nothing.

>anything fake is supported by ads
give me an example of a real job then

>it means you're paid a fixed sum by the hour
So a truck driver doesn't have a 'real job'?
>newspapers aren't fake because you buy them physically
Not all newspapers. The local paper here comes for free. Even the ones that are sold still rely mostly on advertising to cover costs. Same with television networks. Why do they show ads if they're paid for by subscription?

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? It seems to me that you're just jealous of successful people, and angry that you can't stop watching them.

>Said the NEET

It's not a real job but you sure as hell can make some good money from it, assuming people actually watch your stuff regularly.

construction worker
store clerk
cleaner
office worker
fireman
lawyer
chef

then how come truck drivers get payed a salary? also, no one buys local papers because they're shit, that's why they're ad-supported.

>then how come truck drivers get payed a salary?
They don't. They get paid by the mile. And for the record, most people who use the term salary aren't referring to hourly work.

This was the point I realize that everyone on the internet is piece of shit.

You're either 12 or 67. Judging from how you have no idea how television or journals work, I'd wager the former.

yeah, payed by the mile, not by ads or hipster welfare. it's a shitty job for sure, but it's real one.

only old people watches televison. learn to torrent and get with the times

OP's clearly a baby boomer
im betting 67

Okay, so a driver gets paid by the miles they travel, and a YouTuber gets paid by the number of views they generate. What about that doesn't make sense to you?

so then being a television presenter isn't a real job? everyone working in the media and entertainment industry haven't got real jobs?

You're growing up.
Money and capitalism ruin everything. I hope there isn't more things you like, cause their gonna get raped too.

>a driver gets a real salary
>a youtuber gets ad revenue
if you're serious about making money from videos, put up a paywall and set a price on your oc. it's not like it's schlook that no one is willing to pay actual money for...

anything that isn't youtube is a real job (excluding crime, because that's illegal)

YouTube isnt a job, its a business. When you start any business of your own you are taking risks. In most smaller companies the owner doesn't have a guaranteed salary, same with YouTube. If you manage to perform well, both, your business and your YouTube career will succeed and make you infinitely more money than a "real job".

TLDR: OP is a boomer

Attached: 1576211244440.jpg (800x712, 136.89K)

It's not really a job, more like a gig because the income is not stable, although it can be high.

Basically it's a self-employed entertainment gig.

What is the difference between 'a real salary' and 'ad revenue'. To me, they are the same thing.

I think it's more likely that he's a virtue-signalling child.

So the only difference between youtube and a "real job" is that some boomer doesn't think youtube is "real job", correct?

All jobs are gigs unless you have a contract.

youtube is literally just television except it's transmitted through the internet. if you're fine with graphic designers, journalists, animators, writers, musicians, presenters, etc. making money working for a mainstream media company then you have no argument against people doing the same for an internet based media company.

but if's a real business, why not use a paywall and demand payment for the content you create?

salary is a legit income
ad revenue is hipster welfare

(not OP)

The only difference is that, by definition, a salary is a fixed amount of money received, usually, at a regular time.

Ad-revenues can be regular in time too, but almost never in quantity.

do whatever you like, but without ads, since it ruins internet.

>it means you're paid a fixed sum by the hour
No it doesn't. That's a wage. Salaries and waged jobs are both real. So is a commission job. The source of the income does not determine the legitimacy of the work, the fact it generates income from effort does. You are a faggot salty that your effort isn't paid as well as content creators'.

Yeah, we've already established that OPs definition of salary is fucked, but my point was that it's still payment for an exchange of goods and services.

>Why not use a paywall and demand payment for the content you create?

Because you aren't making enough money to have a payment you doughnut

If OP was a boomer he'd have more business sense, 12yo virtue child confirmed

>let's just remove advertising from the economy
>problem solved
real big brain takes.

It runs the internet. There wouldn't be 90% of the stuff, like Yas Forums, which is only here because of ad revenue. And where would you argue your bullshit opinions then? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram? All run by ads.

>but if's a real business, why not use a paywall
Because they earn more without one, and the first rule of business club is maximize profit.
>salary is a legit income ad revenue is hipster welfare
Okay, you're just a fucking moron.

>a driver gets a real salary
Wrong.

>but if's a real business, why not use a paywall and demand payment for the content you create?

Because it's easier to use Youtube as a intermediary, you don't need to worry about building a platform to store and stream your videos, you don't need to worry about searching for sponsors, you can focus on creating your videos.

>salary is a legit income
>ad revenue is hipster welfare

All types of incomes can be put in either box, depends on how you look at it.

There. We got to the bottom of it. You don't think YouTubers don't have a real job, you just don't like advertising.

/thread

All salaries are payments in exchange for goods and/or services. That's the basis of capitalism.

Whether the money comes directly from your target or from an intermediary it's just a matter of business structure.

ITT:
>OP tried to be youtuber
>fail
>OP works at Walmart
>Durh youtube is a fake job

>Before google ads,
>people where perfectly fine doing youtube as a side hobby
Yes and no. There where lots of first old forgotten youtubers who were getting payed from ad revenue while doing it for the love of it. Now nothing is created for fun or the love of it, it's all made to gain exposure/following.

no big brain. just common sense. less financial incentive for untalented hacks that can't create content good enough for selling, the less schlook we get.

and 90% of the web is utter shit you wouldn't pay real for, so what's the point even? it's like using government funds to keep a dusty museum, that no one visits, open just because it has to.

duh. calling ad money 'income' is like calling rummaging through trashcans 'grocery shopping'

Ads and sponsorships are the reason most areas of the internet work. Were it not for that you'd have to pay $10 every time you entered something into Google