Why haven't you switched over to linux yet user? Liberate yourself...

Why haven't you switched over to linux yet user? Liberate yourself, why would you use an OS that comes with candy crush preinstalled? Don't settle for less.

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259.35K)

Probably because I'm not retarded
Why would you use linux unless it were imperitave for your line of work

Can't be bothered to install something that I will have to configure a lot when I already have something that works as I need it to, in the form of macos. I use a macbook pro because it has a very good screen and speakers for the price.

I love Linux. It just makes much more than anything else. I use vim keybinds on everything and its practically doubled my computing speed
Ofc I'm also an IT and security nerd so I need to use it. It works better for pretty much everything except games and certain windows first tools
Microsoft and Apple can eat my dick. Ain't no way I'm paying for an operating system when I can get one for free

i don't even care enough to take a shower

I hate windows but it has the most support for pc gamers. Good thing I pirated it. I wouldn't pay for that trash.

Even if you know the first thing about linux it can be MILES easier to use over windows.

i did that years ago and ive stuck with xubuntu ever since

Linux cannot run Custom Order Maid 3d 2, which is the greatest achievement of human civilization.

wdym "stuck"
what would you rather be on

a lot of people who get into linux hop from one distro to another, i tried a couple distros out in a vm, installed xubuntu, and ive been using it for years.

Why would you use Linux when Temple OS exists?

I just use linux as a backdoor. Linux doesn't have the level of support windows has in terms of options, though if you want a more private experience, Flashdrive OS's are always good to have as a backup.

i guess i could, but i'm just lazy

i use linux, but why would i care if anyone else (especially nobs) uses it or not?

I have a whole bin full of usb's with different linux distros on them, you can never have too many

Idk, I just dont like the mob mentality that windows users have, no one really tries anything different. The real retards use MacOS because they assume made by apple = better

Ubuntu worked out pretty decently though I didn't give arch enough time. I was after tails but couldn't properly install it back then.

What distro would you recommend to a linux beginner? if so why

ubuntu mate, kubuntu, or xubuntu. regular ubuntu uses gnome and gnome is cancer. look at the others and see which one you like

im not a linux beginner lol, i was just trying to make conversation

I'd second Ubuntu for a beginner due to the hand-holding it provides. Maybe not to stick with, though it's fairly similar to windows or mac and makes set up simple enough.

linux is great as a second thing, like if you want a vm to run some service then yeah i'll use linux in a heartbeat. but as my main machine? fuck no lol, linux is ass with graphics so i might as well just throw my 2080 in the trash if i used it as my main os.

what distro are you using right now?

I haven't used one in a few years due to the lack options in comparison to windows, though I can still remember how to navigate Ubuntu reasonably.

Because every time I try to use Linux I get some weird driver problem and I go back to windows.
>~2010, Ubuntu would not install WAN card drivers
>~2015, Ubuntu broke my sound card, so no mic or stereo in 16 bits, only 4 bit audio if I wanted stereo and my mic
>~2020, Mint would never finish installing my GPU drivers

Why bother anymore?

I use GNU/Linux, I have been using it for about 8 years now. At work I have to use Windows though :(

How did it break your sound card? Are you sure there wasn't already an issue? I don't know about the WAN drivers though.

>can't play games without tons of issues and performance loss and most don't run at all.
>can't use important windows apps without a VM
>expensive sound card + amp will probably sound like dog shit
>expensive gpu will probably crash constantly and have none of the features available in windows besides the basic one of showing something on my screen
>have to fuck around with the CLI to do basic shit
no, I think I'll keep it down to running servers.

I tried switching several times
Linux bullshit i encountered included but is not limited to:
>finding out that Ubuntu, the Linux that is praised to have everything one could ever need, isn't able to open a jpg out of the box. Or any picture, video or audio for that matter in a common format.
>realizing that the file browser got painfully slow with larger amounts of files. A folder filled with 1000 test files took over a minute to load while the windows xp i had running on the same device loaded just that folder instantly. When googling about the issue i only found articles praising how fast Linux is.... Linux cracks told me my motherboard just isn't well supported, so i should buy a new computer so i can run Linux soooo fast.
>Got this Arch Linux buddy. When i told him I would like to tinker around with a Linux his eyes started to glow and he wanted me to let him install Arch. I told him "only if it can be done quickly and without much effort" to which he agreed. After literally 8 hours of him following guides over a second pc he was finished. I tinkered around with it a bit but tossed it eventually because Windows was simply running more smoothly. Besides all the assurances by Linux nerds in my experience Windows is simply faster and more stable then any Linux i've ever experienced.
Opinion: Linux has got a place - on servers, but not for private computers.

I think it's because it was a Dolby soundcard and not Realtek.

I'm still using Windows 7 Professional.

Attached: sleekntears.png (723x666, 157.96K)