The shit being a spec ops does to you

hey Yas Forums, I remember I used to post here like 4-5 years ago, when I was a crybaby ass virgin like most people here, up until the day I joined the military and got accepted into the commando, I cant specify which military and unit for obvious reasons.
I've been on the force for about 3 years, but I never really stopped to think about how that shit changed me, because I never really had the time.
you see when you're there you pretty much just live from task to task, whether you're still in training or on the line, eventually the point is to turn you into a robot that does what its told without ever thinking about what the fuck were you even told to do.
and when you're home you're only thinking about living and getting drunk as much as you can, so you basically never have time to dwell on how time changed you emotionally.
so long story short, due to the coronavirus the high command decided that we'll have to stay in base for about 2 months each time, so that we dont risk getting infected.
after I finished my 2 months I got back home and found out my gf of 2 years started dating some other guy without ever telling me, she just waited for me to get back home and tell irl.
I remember just getting back in my car, calling my homeboys telling them we're getting drunk tonight and getting the fuck outta there.
I never stopped to get sad, mad, anything,
I met death so many times during my service I have stopped feeling anything, im telling you this because i'm afraid to ask my command for a psychologist, they might kick me off the force for only asking for it.
is it a good thing or a bad thing? am I gonna live the rest of my life being an emotionless killer robot?
anyone here a veteran spec ops and can provide an insight?
thank you for everything guys.

Attached: t9ysh4gxmkm31.png (1500x1500, 842.97K)

Reading your post makes me happy I quit whilst in basic training.

which military and unit?

cool larp bro but i'm not going to read all that.

Australian Army.

kill yourself, fed nigger

thats cool man, I know that anyone thats been thru this shit will understand its not a larp.

it was probably good that you quit, waste of time joining the military of such countries if you ask me.
regular infantry is cool and all, in my country its mostly just guarding shit, maybe every now and then you'll get a rock or a molotov cocktail thrown at you, its mostly just shit and giggles, unless theres a war or whatever most of them will never get all post traumatic.
I doubt the australian military ever does anything tho haha.

This is pretty much how I am now, and Im planning on enlisting as a US army medic if Im not accepted into med school right away. When my gf broke up with me due to my lack of free time I barely felt anything. Is it really that bad? At least it sounds like you have friends now.

Attached: EWb3qcIX0AE_4nK.png (450x355, 247.55K)

If you're not American or Russian I doubt you did anything worth talking about, even as "spec ops."

>anyone thats been thru this shit will understand its not a larp.
cool larp bro still not going to read. btw thank you for your service larper.

How was training like? Is it replicable for us to get as physically fit as a spec ops soldier? I just like to be prepared for shit to happen in my life so I'm curious about that stuff. I've only read the declassified training manuals online but fitness is a bigger concern at this point.

honestly I think a mentality like this would get you far in life but are you really living if you dont feel shit? still trying to figure that out.

no offense man but you really dont know shit

no he is right on the money my dude, your a faggot.

>oh yeah I did some spooky stuff
>no I cant tell you what country or unit or what I did opsec man haha
>meanwhile on /k/ RRD and SF dudes post regularly

most of the training is designed to take you to the peak of your abilities, to the point where everything just burns but you keep going.
its mostly mental, it makes you understand you're capable of much more pain than you think.
physically its mostly just running around / climbing with gear, and hiking with alot of heavy shit on your back.

they're vets, when you leave you can tell about most of the shit you did, even when I talk to my friends about it I hold my phone outside the car because we all heard stories about people that got into military jail for saying stupid shit and im not taking my chances on this online forum man.
I dont really give a shit about whether you guys believe me or not, I didnt came here to brag about the shit I did, honestly man im not even proud of most of it.

>dont really give a shit about whether you guys believe me or not
then get the fuck out faggot larper.

Is it possible to tell me what are the goals that are needed to be achieved by spec ops soldiers? I've read what ww2 soldiers were required to achieve but I doubt they'd be acceptable in this day and age.

>are you really living if you dont feel shit?
I don't let my emotions bother me or govern my decision making. I find it liberating. As long as you feel rationally fulfilled, transitory emotions mean nothing. Love and joy certainly feel nice, though.

You must be from some irrelevant country if you think someone will actually track you down for posting on the Internet.
Stop listening to this LARPer and look up physical standards for the 75th Ranger Regiment, they have a very well-developed physical fitness program with routines you can download online as well as commemorative workouts for fallen Rangers that get posted through their social media occasionally.

>its mostly mental
looks like you passed that test. now you're married to the job of murdering for your government for very little money. congrats

>Can't say which regiment
/k/ would like to have a word with you
nice LARP faggot

it goes all the way from throwing a grenade to getting into a tent full of chemical shit that can kill you, but its really a gigantic list.
physically we're required to run 3km in about 11 minutes minimum, do some obstacle course that regular infantry do in 15 minutes in minimum 10, and hike about 120kms with full gear.

its different in each military, in the US they told the public about Osama Bin Laden about 15 minutes after he was killed.
in my country you'd never hear about anything we do unless like 30 years had passed or it went wrong, and even then they'll classify the names of those that operated.

thats one way to look at it, I just doubt its the natural way humans are supposed to be, you feel me?

>in my country you'd never hear about anything we do unless like 30 years had passed or it went wrong, and even then they'll classify the names of those that operated.
Probably because your country doesn't do anything unless you're American, Russian, or maybe British.
If you don't care if anyone believes you, don't even bring it up in the first place.

well OP assuming you were already a faggot beforehand being a spec ops clearly didn't do anything to you at all

you think that way because these countries operate on VERY foreign soil for money and power, they dont give a shit about going public because it wont risk their soldiers.
and even then I promise you even as someone that does alot of research on this topic you only of about 1% of what really happens.
I dont care about it because bragging about the stuff I did wasnt the point of this thread.

Fuck you, man. Seriously fuck you. Being a Commando (my nation's spec ops) is all I ever wanted to do in my life. But for reasons I am not going to specify, I never can do it. I will die soon either by sickness or suicide because of this. But through everything you're fucking complaining? About trivial shit? Just be glad you're living a life.

Attached: Krueger_Chimera_Operator_Allegiance_Beta_MW.png (547x555, 170.96K)

lmao man I promise you I was a huge faggot but as long as you were an average level athlete and wanted to do whatever it takes to get there the training you go through would change you into a machine.

Australia bro is lucky he didnt get deployed in another war against emus

that sucks man, I did go through a lot of trouble to get to where I am today, mostly fighting with people of much higher rank then me, even started as a regular infantry and dropped out, it was a shitshow.
at the end of the day im living the dream, just wanted to discuss that shit after years of neglecting my mental state, but thank you for putting me in proportions, guess I really shouldnt complain.

did you just come here to vent like a normie?
go to Yas Forums, they might think you're cool