NEET and Hikikomori General Thread

NEET and Hikikomomori General Thread

>NEET

>The acronym for (Not In Education Employment Or Training)

>Hikikomori
>Hikikomori is a Japanese term when translated into English it means pulling inward being confined (Acute social withdrawal) Hikikomori is a distinct social condition that refers to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents and young adults who have withdrawn from society seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their lives. (A shut-in who stays at home in their parents house does not work go to school or socialize with others and lives in isolation in their bedroom for 6 months or more)

>Contrary to popular belief most hikikomori go outdoors but are just isolated socially and still spend most of the day and nearly every single day confined at home in their rooms

>The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare defines hikikomori as a condition in which the affected individuals refuse to leave their parents house, do not work or go to school and isolate themselves away from society and their family in a single room for a period exceeding six months

>The Hikikomori Criteria and Diagnosis

>1. Subject spends most of the day confined at home, nearly every single day.

>2. Subject purposefully avoids social situations and social relationships

>3. Subject shows clear significant functional impairment,

>4. Subject shows social withdrawal symptoms for .a duration of 6 months or more

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other severe psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal (Mainly excluding those with psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia)

>While hikikomori is mostly only a Japanese phenomenon cases of the condition have been found in other countries

People who work go to school or have a social life are not hikikomori.

People who work are receiving an education or are in vocational job training are NOT a NEET

Attached: misaki.gif (500x282, 580.59K)

but what if i'm not neet??

>but what if i'm not neet??

You are apart of society and not a NEET or a hikikomori.

ok but what if i do online schooling?

I've been NEET for a little over 2 years, I am 23 years old.
I've decided when this virus blows over, I'm looking for a job.
My mom has been supporting me and I don't want to be a burden on her any longer.
She's been very patient and supportive.
Wish me luck. friends.

>ok but what if i do online schooling?

Those types of people are not hikikomori you are a recluse but not a hikikomori type.

Then you're not NEET.
You're in education.

>I've decided when this virus blows over, I'm looking for a job.
>My mom has been supporting me and I don't want to be a burden on her any longer.
>She's been very patient and supportive.
>Wish me luck. friends.

Good luck user.

>Then you're not NEET.
>You're in education.

This just because you work from home it doesn't make you a NEET or hikikomori.

So you guys are telling me I've never been a NEET? I thought I was. Only time I wasn't either in school or with a job was when I had mental health issues.

Thanks for making me feel better about myself, Yas Forums, this is not a spiderman thread.

Attached: 3o1juu.png (586x426, 352.47K)

I just want a girlfriend dear god please

is it even possible for a NEET to ever get a girl interested in him

Everyone who is a neet has mental health issues

let me have hope please

Attached: 1562431465349.gif (500x629, 260.72K)

>So you guys are telling me I've never been a NEET? I thought I was. Only time I wasn't either in school or with a job was when I had mental health issues.

You're still in school if you take online classes and still contributing to society if you work from home you are still apart of the system NEETs and hikikomoris do not contribute to society at all.

oh fuck i meant now. oh well one started in Yas Forums so im good

fuck off gunjy who let you out of jail

>fuck off gunjy who let you out of jail

Not him and i hate that cunt i am glad hes going to jail he deserves it.

been a hiki neet for years. I always like the tiki threads. How is everyone holding up? I was pretty depressed today.

Attached: goodboy.jpg (480x718, 49.25K)

I dont understand why you guys praise misaki and this anime. Misaki was a neet but turned into a normie. This pic proves me right, what a whore.

Attached: misaki getting chaded.jpg (315x420, 19.35K)

Misaki was not a neet, she had a job

yes, she gave plenty of handjobs

Attached: LONDON.jpg (1024x1456, 368.6K)

>Misaki was a neet

No she wasn't she worked a part-time job at a manga store in Japan part-time workers are called Freeters.

she was not a neet user but she is a very broken person and that is part of why I like her very much. It is relatable. Of course a shut in would like a broken character.

>I dont understand why you guys praise misaki and this anime.

The book is way better.

Attached: nhk novel.jpg (400x400, 46.24K)

>. How is everyone holding up?

Corona is making me depressed too.

really? it's made me really happy knowing normalfags are dying and necking themselves.

should i read that or the manga my friend

Attached: ELi9tLOWoAAPRaL.jpg (1080x1301, 122.96K)

The manga is shit and has all the mediocre anime arcs. The novel is neat and feels authentic, in that it is largely based around the authors life experience.

thank you very much for the honest response user. ill read the novel right away

Attached: IMG_20191209_185509.jpg (681x518, 65.77K)

corona is actually bringing me a little joy It is always kinda funny watching the normal fags freak out over having to stay inside for a little bit.

Welcome To The NCK The Nihon Corona Kyokai. LoL

I may not be a NEET or hikikomori but I'm still a loser khv. Whats worst, isolating yourself by choice or being out in the world among people and still be shunned by society? Either way I'm fucked.

Attached: killme.jpg (250x164, 12.28K)

>I may not be a NEET or hikikomori but I'm still a loser khv. Whats worst, isolating yourself by choice or being out in the world among people and still be shunned by society? Either way I'm fucked.

GTFO incel.