/plg/ Prehistoric Larp General

/plg/ Prehistoric Larp General
(Formerly) The Powerlifting General
We discuss how to lift rocks 'n shiiieett now. What kind of wood does everyone use for their barbell?

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/V84Y0J9Y

>What is depthprivilege?
youtube.com/watch?v=XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtube.com/watch?v=RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtube.com/watch?v=XrVZqPkgdXo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A

>How to bench press by PTW
youtube.com/watch?v=_V189hK85BI

>How to piss off Isley
youtube.com/watch?v=f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/xqFCG4t9
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (ORIGINAL PASTE WITH OLDFAGS)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Attached: cavemanplg2.jpg (575x863, 309.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVHRFd0-Qag
youtu.be/jdTVBlNhNeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's, uh, Stone Collecting Edition btw

uni gym is being closed. I have a home gym back home at my parents, but idk if I should go back. my mum is old and has pre-existing lung issues and I dont want to kill her....

Attached: 1564956286786.jpg (645x756, 158.36K)

Lift stones.

Attached: VideoCapture_20200317-225150.jpg (1080x1920, 366.38K)

We saw your post last thread retard

what thread is now dead

>he doesnt use recently dead, hard trees as barbells
picrel is what i did in the woods so i can still curl and OHP, pullups are done on trees and pushups wherever there isnt cow shit. also picking up and throwing large stones

Attached: Screenshot_20200318-125154~2.png (720x917, 1.39M)

This thread has potential for peak retardation. Good luck, lads. Interested to see how you lift.

Have you guys considered not being poor and getting a home gym?

youtube.com/watch?v=nVHRFd0-Qag

Train like a highlander! Train like a strongman! It's your only hope!

here I present LADDER ROW
youtu.be/jdTVBlNhNeg

panzer turning in his grave rn
god I miss him :(

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhahahahha.png (765x1028, 1.42M)

How to achieve this build?

Attached: 5bf547200d7c671a82779477.jpg (1100x773, 46.58K)

Okay so I made a 135 kettle bell for farmers carries using a rock, my old dogs leech and a fat grip. Corona virus ain’t got shit on me

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

now that's using your grug brain

Threadly, but non-spamming, clearly relevant, specifically on topic, greatly informative, 100% sincere and not trolling, high quality, non-avatar-fagging, and otherwise rule abiding reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip, and that Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself. This is the only way anyone will believe anything you have to say about anything. And only if you demonstrate at least one of the following:
>A squat in excess of both 2.5 times bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A deadlift in excess of both 2.5 time bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press in excess of both 1.5 times bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A The Press in excess of both body weight AND 220.462 lbs
>A body that Yas Forums won't roundly criticize (good fucking luck)
If you can't manage at least one of these, shut the fuck up, go to the gym, and try harder.

Thank you.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165.37K)

ooo I dont have fat grip but I have gloves so who cares

UPDATED LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS (Arcane Ciphers Of Never Yielding Muscularity), post, but don't spam, in every thread.

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>HANK (Hambuilt Asian, Non-Kompetitive)
Obese Asian manlet with a baby carrot penis. Doesn't compete, doesn't even lift, and is insanely jealous of those who do. LARPs as a BONER to cope.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

couldn't even be bothered to adapt to the thread theme, huh?

Every thread someone slips a post in between by autismpasta and it triggers me on a level I can't put into words desu senpai

Attached: Only The Dead Can Know Peace from This Evil.gif (250x250, 199.01K)

where did you get this stone

There's a landscape supplier about a mile from my parents' house. Granite is $0.12/lb. That stone is 228.

Attached: 20190517_163045_copy_2268x4032.jpg (2268x4032, 2.65M)

I dont get it, in USA you cant just go to forest pick up lamo rock and take it home?

We cut down all the forests to build more McDonald's and Starbucks.

this, update strength standards to use rock-based metrics

should i include my powercleans in my SS man pics?

i mean it's kind of an accessory isn't it?

Attached: ras.jpg (2130x1306, 392.24K)

Squuuuuiiiiissssshhh PLOOP!!

Wow those four Norman khan logs came out immediately and smacked the toilet with moderate force!

>social isolation level 99

No

I live in cornfield country. We only have dirt clods and arrowheads.

Now u guys are getting it. No excuses

Attached: Resized_20200316_183421.jpg (720x720, 565.37K)

>Talking a piece of wood for a walk
Peak incel

Any body else throwing so far I've been trying not to lose gains by this and is pretty fun. Also been doing pushups pullups and sprints.

Attached: 20200318_143133-min.jpg (4032x3024, 1.26M)

I've just been doing sprints/cardio. Might order bands soon so I can try and keep arms/shoulders decent, then let sprints try and keep my legs strong.

>Discus
I see you're a man of culture as well

What?

No, it's not

>weighted pushups
>Handstand push-ups
>Pressing rocks overhead
>Chair dips
If I'm doing this could I come back with stronger presses when the gym finally opens again?

Based and Greek-pilled

For OHP sure, especially stability from rock pressing
for bench it depends how difficult pushups are for you and your bodyweight to your bench ratio. If your bench is far above your bodyweight than I dont think so

Fucking stonefags
Why is there no fucking way for me to buy a goddamn stone?

Post your city, I'll find you a stone, and in exchange post some WMAF or WMBF images.

Deal?

Attached: literally me.gif (498x358, 1.2M)

>WMAF or WMBF images
Based
But I've searched the entire web my dude, no actual stones to be found apart from smaller ones and shit for your garden.
Guess I'll have to visit some of these stores myself.

I literally found my stones from going to a neighborhood that’s getting built up and taking stones from a place where they dump dirt/ rocks

I got mine from a farmer nearby, and one of my buddies got his from a garden center.

The farmer gave me the stones for free if I picked them up, and my buddy paid like 200 bucks lmao.

How heavy is it?
What the fuck how is this even possible

I have forest behind me with over 9999 stones I might want to bring some new ones as I have 75lbs, 150lbs and 200lbs. Need something in between 75 and 150

This isn't a bad idea actually, I think I'll rather go search in the forest before I go out and buy some overpriced shit

literally step in the forest and there will be a fucking stone every 50 meters

I now have three stones, one that’s 60 pounds, one that’s 135 and one that’s 220. All from some random construction dumping area, I would recommend looking for house construction areas that have dumping zones

also friendly reminder that 200lbs + stone can be overkill at start unless you bang out 550+ deadlift

>also friendly reminder that 200lbs + stone can be overkill at start unless you bang out 550+ deadlift
But how am I supposed to somewhat maintain my deadlift with a

moving 180lbs stone for 1 rep is harder for me than doing set of 5 with 405 deadlift

I work part time in a junkyard

Really?
How much work do you do with the stone then?

Cant do much until I get used to it as biceps are dead, carry stone around few times for max distance and you will know next day when lightest stone will feel very heavy in your arms

I get now why strongman guys dont carry that often or use handles

Shit, this sounds really exciting
Do you reckon doing this shit will minimize strength loss in the deadlift and squat to an extent?

I'd estimate that you can lift about 60% of your max deadlift with a stone. The reason being leverage. You have to work a fuck ton more to wrestle with a big rock than you do with a barbell designed for lifting.

It's fucking great for thickening joints/tendons/etc though.

I feel like for sure it will get core stronger, and work shit ton of back and arms
for legs I feel just light hamstring doms, but I will add some pylo stuff for legs and I just know that will be better than not doing nothing at all

I been doing ghetto zercher squats with the stones for legs and for deadlift just picking up the heaviest stone and putting it back down in a sumo stance (even though I don't do sumo). But yeah doing the atlas stone pick up thing is killer on your biceps.

It is?
How does that work?

my whey protein arrived
salted caramel taste
its pretty good.

DOing another 100 reps of dips right now
my upper back is giga fried after doing them yesterday
what is happening

Well imagine getting 135lbs barbell for curl into your arms and than hold it for 30s-1minute in contracted position

Sounds terrible
Do you get tendonitis from this?

its actually us doing something we are not used to, it might not be good for powerlifting but for pure hypetrophy/overall strength our bodies are fucking shocked

nope, zero. Also my tendonitis are long gone thats why I finally bench for reps above 2pl8

i can do SBD at home just fine, i have rack and bench and 220kg of plates

but with dip station i can do basically entire upper body in 20 min

It's more of a static hold not a repeated motion overtime so I don't think tendonitis would be very likely for these movements.