Six Years of Training

>5’8 (172cm)
>150lbs (68kg)
>small frame

Lifts from last week:
185lbs Squat (6x5)
155lbs Bench Press (5x5)
295lbs Deadlift (5x5)

I’ve been hitting the gym since i was 16 years old. Pic is the result—and i go hard. I have an incredibly fast metabolism and I run a lot but those shouldn’t inhibit weight and strength gains. I am currently eating one 1500 calorie shake a day on top of an approximately 3000 calorie diet, but I still dont see any improvements.

Wat do?

Attached: BB6359C5-7A40-482B-902F-4FF13F5F2278.jpg (4032x3024, 1.25M)

try Starting Strength

You look good user.
If you feel your body is not what you want it to be make sure you're adding accessories and not just dicking around with bench/squat/deads. I would do something to hit lats harder in particular, but you have definite potential.

>i go hard
Obviously you do not. You should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 in a year or less. Try actually going hard. If this is honestly after six years of training I have no idea what you think "training" is.

>6 years of training for these numbers
How the fuck is that even possible? I would have believed you if you said you had been training for 1 year. You look alright, but honestly i dont know how your progress has been that bad.

I did forget however...
you should be doing your squat and bench for much more volume. Start doing sets of 8-10 for 4 or 5 sets.
Don't fall into the powershitter rep range trap ESPECIALLY if you're not actually gonna go heavy.
Doing light/middle weight at rep schemes for heavier weights will give you the worst of all worlds.

you're not dyel though so at least there's that. better than 99% of this board.

You don't look strong because you aren't strong

Whatever bodybuilding bs you fell for has failed you. You should have stopped to rethink your training 5.5 years ago

more like 6 month LOL

Forget i said that. There’s no use in using a subjective statement like that. Here’s a better question. Should I lift to failure? Should I compromise form for weight? What should my heart rate reach on heavy compound movements? All of this should be answered considering I want to increase strength

goal body, mirin. I'm same height as you, but I'm only gonna hit the gym now at 18. hope I can achieve it in less than 6 years tho

My question is, if you get to this point are you still considered a 'beginner'? Or do you need to up your training to 5x full body to get gains? Did squandering all of that 6 years make it so it's nearly impossible to gain on a novice routine?

Start eating you retard. Of course you're small if you don't eat.

Depends, yes and no in case of op yes, he's obviously just scared of eating >muh fast metabolism and training hard >muh run a lot. So if he went on beginner routine like madcow I guarantee you he would be twice as strong in a few months.

>Should I lift to failure?
You should lift to either almost failure or failure at your very last rep of the exercise.
>Should I compromise form for weight?
No. Failure of form is a failure of the rep.
>What should my heart rate reach on heavy compound movements?
Who cares if you're going for strength? Heart rate is for cardio.

Those are close to my stats, and I'm 5 months in and have been in a calorie deficit for half of it. I'm also 5'8" 155lbs.

Anything under 1/2/3/4 is beginner imo. If you're over 1/2/3/4 whether you're still a beginner will depend on your bodyweight

>Who cares if you're going for strength? Heart rate is for cardio.

Heart rate would be an objective measure of “going hard” on heavy compound movements like deadlifts and squats

>155lbs Bench Press (5x5)
>I’ve been hitting the gym since i was 16 years old.
I was past that after like 2 months lmao

>Heart rate would be an objective measure of “going hard” on heavy compound movements like deadlifts and squats
Weird way to look at it. Is it hard af? Did you have to grind it out? You should be able to tell if you're going hard without looking at your heart rate. Looking for an objective measure of "going hard" sounds to me like you're looking for an excuse to not actually push yourself.
>oh i hit my target heart rate, don't need to go any harder today.

Stop running tard. Females dl more than u

It really is a bit hard to believe. I'm at that point and I'm . Before that I had never lifted in my life, and started out barely able to lift the bar itself.

work on your traps

A couple things come to mind
> your diet is actually off. Calories and protien alone wont help your body grow. Are you eating enough greens for vitamins? are you drinking enough water? Are you getting the nutrients that basic carbs and protien and greens are missing?
> you are performing you lifts wrong. You either have bad form, bad ROM or bad breathing technique. Use education to fix this problem.
> you are too inconsistent. Are you recording your lifts? Are skipping days, weeks or months and coming back to it? Dont give up too easily, the journey is long and treacherous. Have courage and perseverance.

It has to be one of these

OP commit suicide

Are you not counting the bar?

Try going up on the weight. 5x5 of 155 won’t make you stronger. Try pyramid training. Jim Stoppani shortcut to size is great

I reached 3pl8 dl in 7 months of lifting and I'm 32. You're not even trying and you know it. Stop being casual and lift heavy. It's ok to break a sweat.. when I'm done deadlifting my heart rate is maxed and when I'm done all sets my shirt is soaked.
I'm guessing you show up once or twice a week, stay for 30 minutes, and never push yourself or overload. Sad.

>bad breathing technique
What’s the proper breathing technique for lifts?

If I were to hypothesize what were wrong with my training it’s that it lacks variation. Many times I’ll barely feel any soreness in my body following an intense lift which tells me my body has habituated itself to the movement.

You don't count the bar

You're not supposed to count the bar you dummy it doesn't weight anything.

Sorry OP but if you aren't benching 4 plate after 3 months lifting and look like Zyzz like every other user here then you are doing it wrong

>6 years of lifting
>6 years
>still 68 kgs
How about you get on that 8 meal a day program and try to get big g what are you doing wasting your time

You should be taking in a breath on contractions and breathing out on resetting to neutral. And it should be one constant motion, no pauses.

> If I were to hypothesize what were wrong with my training it’s that it lacks variation. Many times I’ll barely feel any soreness in my body following an intense lift which tells me my body has habituated itself to the movement.

Maybe, but If I'm going to be a contrarian about this, it definitely sounds like your technique is off.

2/3 nice try
>Who cares if you're going for strength? Heart rate is for cardio.

Everything is off in this thread because it's bait m8

You track your heart rate when going for strength? Why would you need to do that?

How the FUCK do you have those lats from those lifts
I beat all those lifts except your deadlift (275 5x3) at 138lbs (5'6" tho) and I look like SHIT

Not sad you pompous prick. He's going to the gym and is stronger than your average normie. Sure, intensity might not be there but I bet his cardio is good and he looks fine.

user, spend more time in the gym, play with your reps and the weight, go heavier, do some isolation exercises, try super sets, dropsets, longer breaks between sets, shorter breaks, bodyweight in grams in protein, and not just caloric surplus. Keep it up and report back please. Godspeed

Probably does pullups like you're supposed to. You're doing pullups, aren't you user?

Of course, very slow progress though. I can only do +25 for 5 reps.

Really low lifts for training so long but really good body for so low lifts.

Attached: 1529418289384.jpg (657x527, 39.86K)

>3000 calorie diet
no wonder ur fat

>Six Years of Training
Did you miss this part? To achieve "stronger than average normie" status after six years of "going hard" at the gym is beyond sub par.
Can't even tell where the bait starts and ends in this thread.

6 years for this
And not even once you stopped to ask yourself if you do something wrong

I call larp I bet it's 6 months

Let's consider his starting age - 16. Does every 16 yr old lift with their sports club, or do some have no clue wtf they are doing? Can we assume that OP had no fucking clue for lets say one year? Sure. And so the remaining 5? Probably still learning dieting, running and doing other shit, still learning lifts. Can we assume OP took some big gaps in training? Yeah, we all do.

Considering the dude is only 22, looks good, decent strength, he's okay. Not excusing lack of intensity or the numbers, but it's not sad. He's on here asking how to improve. Wtf is wrong with you?

Dude is 5lbs thinner than me at the same height but he looks like he has more body fat despite me being a beginner. The hell is going on? Is it just body fat distribution?

...are you also 5'8?

Wtf, after 4 months i weighed in at 78kg
Must be bait

Yes, yes you are cannot read.

Yeah, I said same height.

Holy shit that's not good in 6 years. 1 or 2 years acceptable but god damn.

Maybe you're really low t?

You bench your body weight for 5 times in 6 years? Bro legit wtf. That's achieveable in 1 year easily.

This is 6 years of exercise, not 6 years of actual training. You're in good shape but you should have some real results by now

bruh, I thought manlets were easy gainers, but this physique and those numbers took u 6 years? You either skip workouts or dont push urself. I am 6.2, 180lbs and got similiar looking physique in 5 months following SL.
squat 3x5 225
ohp 3x5 110
bench 3x5 170

Attached: 20200304_142114.jpg (2208x2944, 2.4M)

Good numbers but OP looks better tho. I think its decided he just needs to be more dedicated and he will be okay.

OP looks better. Also, good luck when you hit a plateau when the gains will be insufferably slow. Only then will you understand how OP has that body after 6 years of training

dyel?

>1/2/3/4
Stop using this shit standard, it’s meaningless and the only reason Yas Forums uses it is because everyone here is fucking autistic and they like the neat little numerical order

It's okay, user, you'll hit those numbers someday.

Stop training like a fucking powercoping retard. If you want to grow you need VOLUME. Stop doing 15 sets a week per muscle group. Start training like someone who wants to grow instead of someone who wants to lift heavy. These dyel fucking morons on this website make you think the way to get big is by doing heavy 5x5s it isnt. Look to the fucking biggest guys (bodybuilders) and do what they do. GEAR IS NOT AN EXCUSE. Overtraining is a fucking meme. What happened to the days when going to the gym meant pushing your body to the absolute limit with unbound intensity now everyone wants to baby their body because “muh overtraining i have to lift at RPE 7” STOP TRAINING LIKE A PUSSY AND EAT MORE.

Attached: A24EF0FD-2D23-459E-A965-7AD8F4DDBCC1.jpg (1113x924, 283.84K)

You tried so hard, and went so far... but in the end you're still a manlet

Attached: fit_pushups.webm (744x748, 2.12M)

kek

Attached: 1583207693769.jpg (562x600, 37.39K)

Fucking wise words right here. Your body will know when it has worked hard. You will feel it in every fiber of every muscle you used, even more so every time they engage, even if it's just your hamstrings as you use the toilet. You're gonna know when you worked hard because your body is gonna scream it at you. An exertion sore, lingering ache, a reason for some of us to lift desu..

>and I run a lot
>shouldn’t inhibit weight and strength gains
who's gonna tell him?