Literally every guy that looks good

>literally every guy that looks good
does bro split,training to failure,hyertrophy training,supersets,dropsets,time under tension,little rest time,isolations

>literally every guy that looks like shit
does scientific workouts,strength trianing,rpe,percentage of 1rm,mostly squats and deadlifts,no isolations,5 mins rest time,crappy time under tension

strength training is a MEME,why do you retards keep shilling that shit?

Attached: 343e2db4b410bb90faf1bbac8251bb72.png (576x447, 483.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barbend.com/zydrunas-savickas-lean-out-get-stronger/
rosstraining.com/blog/2009/10/old-school-strength-hermann-goerner/
physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.2001.281.6.e1172
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>literally every guy that looks good is on roids
>>literally every guy that looks like shit is not on roids

Strength isnt a meme, its good for your test levels you fucking moron

good thread

>literally every guy that roids
Fixed that for you buddy enjoy your day

You gotta be strong if you wanna look good natty

What’s this haircut called?

Pic is obviously related but that guy is on roids...so you can do strength training on roids and look like that guy...soo wtf is your point if you don't mention roids?

You have to do strength AND hypertrophy work. If you never go above 2 reps you obviously only train your cns

fat squat and deadlift lovers think that everyone who looks good isn't natty lol

I don't even know ONE guy who could help me get juice
do you retards really think that you can get steroids at every corner?

>NOOOOO STEROIDS ARE MAGIC PILL!!!THATS THE REASON HE LOOKS GOOD AND I LOOK LIKE SHIT NOOOOO ITS NOT THE FACT THAT HE TRAINS TO BUILD MUSCLE WHILE I TRAIN TO IMPRESS OTHER FAT MEN!!! IF I TOOK STEROIDS I WOULD LOOK LIKE HIM DOING 5X5 SQUATS AND 1X5 DEADLIFT NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1572030369270.png (1080x1020, 459.43K)

It's really easy

there are some that look good and do what OP wrote. There are also some who do that AND lift heavy but dont do low reps. 6 minimum.

>imagine
>imagine not working out to look good AND be strong
These whole "sub-culture" wars between aesthetics bros and strength bros is needless cringe.
TL;DR you're all fags.

Compounds for strength, isolations for hypertrophy. Do
>bench
>ohp
>squat
>deadlift
>row
3x5 with 2-3 min rest then throw in isolations and do them 3x8 or 3x12 with 30-90 sec rest

Kinda agree with you. But it's not as black and white, usually people that just do strength become too autistic about it and end up just doing basically powerlifting where they don't actually train the muscle but just try to lift as much as possible so don't gain much mass just strength. People that just do pure brosplits become too autistic about form and don't progress in strength and make less gains. You need to combine the two progress in strength while actually doing things with good form and working the targeted muscle well. You also never should 1rm and probably should never go below 4 reps for muscle gains.
Also I never see fit talk about doing different rep ranges for different body parts or exercises, like for me I like benching in the 6-8 rep range but dumbell pressing in the 8-12 rep range, for squats I also like 6-8 reps but for any other leg exercise 8-12 even 12-15 for leg extensions. I determine the rep ranges based on how I feel and how much progress I make in strength and muscle size. Like when I used to bench in the 8-12 range it took me months to make any strength gains but when I started doing 6-8 it was much faster and when I went to 3-5 reps I didn't see a difference and it seemed like my chest wasn't growing.

>that guy
>looks good
Dude he looks like a goddamn xenomorph

>Strength isnt a meme, its good for your strength
Does there need to be more reason than that?

Because I want to be strong you fucking retard

Almost as if effort is the magical ingredient that'll make you grow in body and spirit alike, whack.

Attached: 20200120_101817.jpg (1078x1889, 913.31K)

Attached: natties.jpg (810x1789, 808.4K)

Did you make this thread just so you could do that? How about you get the fuck out of here already and take your shit opinions with you

Also that guy in your pic is obviously on roids you pea brained monkey

Yeah you can get them online it takes 2 seconds, are you joking?

>give yourself an injury so you know how to avoid giving yourself injuries

what a dumb picture

There is a lot of truth in this that will be ignored.

>have good genetics and or roid
>whatever you do works
>have average genetics and your natty card
>have to actually be mindful and knowledgeable to make any gains

I don't agree, I'd rather listen to a guy who tore his ACL and was squatting 4 days after having it reconstructed than some Yas Forumsizen

I like this, In did this yesterday, I can’t wait 3 minutes between sets for my entire workout especially towards the end

its almost like training for strength and training for aesthetics are two different things

buzz cut

People with poor genetics for bodybuilding end up gravitating towards alternative measures of man, so of course they look like shit

And people with good genes for bodybuilding look good as long as they do literally any kind of training.

You can cope all you like it doesnt change reality
> bAadurr roids!
Doesnt change a thing. Jason blaha has taken enough trenbolone to grow 19 slaughter cows and he still just looks like a fat guy. There are dudes in the roid thread that take more drugs than men twice their size literally and still look dyel. Dan duchaine tried everything under the sun and couldn't break 180lbs. If you aint got it you aint got it.

Nice bait. Bro training shit is what most men in the gym do. Most men in the gym don't look good.

>fat
duh

Would you rather listen to that guy or be that guy?
That's the point, you listen to the experience of others so you don't make the same dumb mistakes. Whats the point in discounting all of those experiences and doing what you know is wrong just so you can go 'yep, that was wrong'

Most of them eat like shit and train like shit, so they're not a good sample either.

Been lurking for two years but not very good with the terminology. In order to not be autistic going forward, can someone define brosplit? Or is it just ppl 2x a week.

the late 19th - early 20th century strongman and bodybuilders used meme exercises like isometrics with a metric fuckton of weights and odd objects and bands and calisthenics and a variety of other meme lifts and still mogged the ever living shit out of every single poster here except the most roided up frauds.
pic related 19" arms and 6'1 240lb with abs
>B-BUT IT'S NOT POSSIBLE NATTY
this was before even testosterone was first synthesized

while you fags listen to mike (((israetel))) and brad (((schoenfeld))) and tear your body apart with meme high volume garbage just know that those before you mogged you in every simple aspect of fitness with no coaching of supervision or scientific backing.

Attached: 15053770_121052288182.png (209x338, 145.59K)

switched to 3-4 x 6-8 on main compounds for same reasons.
and then there are people that say strength = size
bodypart split without progression

So what routine should i do to be that guy

You don't do neither and don't understand cutting agent mixed with test. Hint, with the drugs both guys get the same results. barbend.com/zydrunas-savickas-lean-out-get-stronger/

You can't completely seperate strength from size but you can optimize one over the other

Genetics x F

“He trained always as the mood took him – varying his program to suit his energy and condition of the moment and never did he force himself to perform any workout when not feeling just in the mood… He did not have or follow what might be really termed a ‘set’ training program – he always varied his workouts and mixed his work so much that one could truthfully say that he never worked through exactly the same program twice.”

rosstraining.com/blog/2009/10/old-school-strength-hermann-goerner/

he essentially just trained whatever it was he wanted to, never forcing himself to, taking breaks whenever he felt like it
as it should be, programs are complete fucking bullshit

Attached: schwimmbad leipzig.jpg (808x630, 260.14K)

chest (always on monday) and triceps
back and biceps
shoulders and legs (meaning leg press or leg extensions, maybe some calf raises)

Attached: 1577708367199.png (680x442, 296.49K)

no thot would be impressed with that dreadful physique, so what's the point?

>he only does things to impress thots

you have so far to go my son

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35.19K)

is this bait

I know you're baiting but he had a wife

>NOOOOOO YOU CANT LOOK LIKE THAT. M-MY HYPERTROPHY ROUTERINOOOO IS THE BEST AND BASED ON SCIENCE

Attached: 23D10D3B-7405-4EF1-9391-DCF6035243F6.jpg (200x240, 6.72K)

Push-Pull-Legs is all you need to know along with what you need to eat.
I don't know why people make it complicated.

cuz people are trying to make money

Lol, trained full body every day and ended up getting repetitive motion injury in my back which I still feel as well as tendinitis in my elbow which feels terrible whenever I do any kind of push exercise. This isn't just bad advice, it could be potentially dangerous.

I'm not sure what you think you read, but nowhere in that image does it say to train full body every day. Training full body every day is viable though, Hackenschmidt and Sandow alike did it.

Zoomer

I've doubled down a bit though since I started working as my job is very manual, bicycle courier, so now I only lift on my off days. Sometimes that means 2 full body sessions sat-sun and some weeks it means full body 4 days in a row, depending on how many days I get called in to work. I think my retardation is that I spent a stupid amount of time deadlifting and I did push ups all the time.

seething

Train full body 3 times a week. How do people not come up with this themselves?
It already takes at least 100-120 minutes to train full body if you are giving each exercise your full effort. How can you do that every day and not expect to get injured?

PB (post body)

Orthorexia, I have deluded myself into thinking that if my muscles don't get max stimuli everyday I'll get weaker and smaller. I have a vast history of body dysmorphia, which is pretty strange since I don't really care that much abot getting bigger and stronger anymore. I'm basically mentally ill, and the one thing to slap me back down to earth was injuries.

I think this phenomenon comes from the fact that Chadᵀᴹ comes into the gym with more test, more energy and more motivation than your average skinnyfat nerd trying to get fit who was smart enough to study up on optimal workout routines, and as such he's going to get more volume, which beats out the gym nerd who works more efficiently but has less volume due to low test, preexisting weakness, lack of motivation, or gym anxiety.

>gym anxiety
this real?

Nobody wants to look like they don't know what they're doing.

bruh

Attached: zass.png (629x551, 106.71K)

when i was a skinny nerd I would not have been able to go nearly as much or hard if not for my Yas Forums browsing behemoth friend showing me the ropes

lmao
guy's eye level would be at my nipple

>There are dudes in the roid thread that take more drugs than men twice their size literally and still look dyel
Having seen the level of training and diet knowledge they have in /freud/i am not surprised

>optimal workout routines, and as such he's going to get more volume, which beats out the gym nerd who works more efficiently but has less volume due to low test
If one dude was doing a "optimal" workout routine then he'd be doing the optimal amount of volume for him. More volume don't always mean more gains.

This so fucking dumb. You'll destroy your body

Good.

Attached: jocko-part2-1x1.jpg (582x582, 35.43K)

>if i took steroids i would look like him doing
literally any movement. gym might be the fastest way but doing any resistance training and roiding will grant you better looks than 99.9% natty lifters.

okay fatty

you forgot steroids

i dont get why jocko is a meme on Yas Forums. hes got a silver star y'know?

This is accurate.

>>literally every guy that looks good
>does bro split,training to failure,hyertrophy training,supersets,dropsets,time under tension,little rest time,isolations
>>literally every guy that looks like shit
>does scientific workouts,strength trianing,rpe,percentage of 1rm,mostly squats and deadlifts,no isolations,5 mins rest time,crappy time under tension

i couldnt agree more

We get user, your still DYEL and no one takes you seriously. Just shit the fuck up about it

"pic related 19" arms and 6'1 240lb with"

the guy in your pic is 5'5 and 175lb soaking wet, his arms are also not an inch bigger than 14 inches

>literally every guy that looks good
Do stupid shit that doesn't work so they give up and use steroids so they can keep doing stupid shit while making gains

>and then there are people that say strength = size
Strength and size aren’t entirely unrelated but they’re not directly correlated either.
The world’s strongest man doesn’t look like a bodybuilder (Puddy is the exception). Generally people in max strength sports are bulkier and fatter. Leaner is lower strength but can visually look stronger to people.
Visible muscle = strength to normies. Fat tub of lard that lifts half a ton = fat.

This is the source of the confusion.

Cope more faggot.

>c-c-cope!!
Face it, bitch. You fags all give up while the science based Chads are smart enough to make mad gains without roids

You never went to an actual gym have you

These troll posts are so retarded. I see countless kids in the gym with litttle twink bodies doing shitty bodybuilding with the same weight for months and they always look small. Maybe for 4 minutes they look slightly pumped up but still small.

The truly muscular and big guys are all strong on compound lifts. If you disagree you have never spent much time in a gym

It's beta's who discover lifting who think if they go full autist mode they will see result super quick. These people usually give up after a few weeks/months. Chads just train for years with less of a strict routine and see results

absolutely seething

Do brosplist then, if they work for you great. No one is stopping you.

Have any of you ever considered just shutting the fuck up and lifting weights?

Attached: 1582094566787.jpg (396x396, 27.51K)

Okay bro,keep squatting every workout.

no because this is the natty limit

Attached: natty limit.jpg (800x479, 117.95K)

I hope this is a joke.

unless you have top genetics, this is the hard natty ceiling

you want to know how I know you look like utter shit?

Undercut

Yes, this is a joke.
Look at this joker.

post one natty guy above the limit who we know for a fact is natty and isn't a genetic anomaly. ill wait

based. also this is the natty limit wearing a shirt

Attached: natty shirt.png (820x1164, 563.63K)

I don't browse pictures of naked men, sorry to disappoint you, faggot.

Basically anyone on fit thats been lifting a year or more is bigger than that.

yes once they start frauding

Where the fuck do you guys lift man. Every

They don't.

based. also this is the natty limit eating a sandwich

Attached: natty sandwich.jpg (612x408, 21.02K)

he looks like a dehydrated twink with a feminine face though

Post body

>>literally every guy that looks good
Pic not related

so this is the natty limit huh?

if you mean this then yes

roids, genetics trumps everything desu

>strength training is a MEME
more like strength training is a means to get stronger, and good compound programmes will work well for this
Everyone knows that high volume gets you hypertrophy, and when you jump on juice you can manage loads of it at low weight and put on loads of mass
Unless you're a powerlifter or shit like that, it makes sense to have a balance of heavy strength work and isolations - for both power and aesthetics. Even guys like Arnie and Coleman knew that you need to go heavy sometimes to get that 'hardness' that looks so fucking good

>programs are complete fucking bullshit
nah gg
if you've trained and learned long enough to make progress and reach your potential freestyling it then sure, but not for the average gymgoer

>every guy that looks good
probably no roids and mentally ill about eating
>every guy that looks like shit
natty and bulking.
who gives a fuck
/thread

I look good and train strenght, oly and armwrestling, Also I eat fucking dumplings at 11.pm. Come at me

Problem is that people are lazy and oblivious to their bodies are capable of, so most use a no-program program to fuck around in the gym for an hour and get nothing in return for it.
With that said, if you have drive, discipline, good genetics and good body awareness though you can probably get away with doing what feels right.

I didn't make much progress until I started pushing my reps as far as they could go per set, and going beyond what was safe, cheating form a little bit, going through with a failed rep once or twice. It might lead to an injury, but it also will lead to gains.

diet, effort, and consistency is all that matters

If you eat nothing, pull your weight, every day, then you'll suck
If you eat well, do some goober slim fitness nonsense for 10 minutes, every day, you'll suck
If you eat well, pull your weight, but only do it incidentally then you'll suck

meanwhile I train mma and can beat the shit out of powershitters and gaystethics

that guy is basically good genetics + roids

you train dick sucking so you can do it better than your dad

gotem

>>NOOOOO STEROIDS ARE MAGIC PILL!!!THATS THE REASON HE LOOKS GOOD AND I LOOK LIKE SHIT NOOOOO ITS NOT THE FACT THAT HE TRAINS TO BUILD MUSCLE WHILE I TRAIN TO IMPRESS OTHER FAT MEN!!! IF I TOOK STEROIDS I WOULD LOOK LIKE HIM DOING 5X5 SQUATS AND 1X5 DEADLIFT NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yes

Dude I'm literally gonna poke your eyes out rip your fucking throat with my teeth and rape your corpse, shut the fuck up with your faggy arts

The old black-and-white circus bodybuilders were ALL complete fucking manlets. People were shorter in 1900 to begin with and these guys were short even back then.
It's way easier (still hard, but easier) to be a shredded midget than be shredded and 6 feet tall.

>literally every guy that looks good is weak

Uhhhh

Unironically yes. Taking even a mediocre amount of test gives you gains faster than perfect workout routine and diet.

The Faggot

And? The whole reason we pursue a science-backed weightlifting program is so we don't have to really on grain photos posted on an anonymous imageboard to find out what kind of program we should be following. Genetics and artificial chemicals will take you a long way. Shitty programs can take you a long way. But the whole point of studies is to show that it doesn't work optimally for the majority of people, and even for the groups it does work for, they can likely make better progress on a different program.So why follow shitty programs?

It sounds like you just see more powerlifters than bros that might juice up on pure T and do whatever to get fuckin' HUUUUGE.
It makes sense that more scientific, and conscious workouts emphasizing strength don't yield many gains when you are targeting type IIx muscle fibers. Type IIa, brodudes, have the benefit of being able to use Type I and Type IIx fibers in their workouts.

>bicep thicker than neck
Lifting for 4 years now, I would give half my gains to a ftm tranny for a thick neck

Attached: 1B74E712-AE45-4774-AE0F-C2C35DDE10EC.jpg (951x450, 179.22K)

hitler youth

this debate is retarded honestly, your genetics determine much more than routine specifics as long as you train consistently

im 76kg at 186, fatty is the last thing i am

hate to break it to you but most of these men were homosexual jews

and? there is nothing wrong with that

Attached: hahaa.jpg (800x800, 42.49K)

so whats your excuse?

>not training for strength first and hypertrophy second
you probably have the workload capacity of a teenage girl

you dumb fuck, the worlds strongest man doesnt look like a bodybuilder because hes about 25% bodyfat. Hafthor has 20 inch arms, and you think size and strength arent directly correlated? You're fucking stupid. Exactly WHAT do you think manifests strength? Its one thing and one thing only shit for brains: force produced by your CONTRACTILE fibers. Bigger and more fibers: more force. The only other consideration is neurological efficiency, which is genetic, and it can be that someone with abnormally large muscles has abnormally weak neurological efficiency, and therefore is much weaker than he looks, and vice versa, but for the vast majority of people, size and strength increase in a damn near 1:1 relationship. So does muscular endurance, just to shit on another brainlet myth while I'm at it.

every medical report has shown that people on steroids grow twice as more muscle than a natty who breaks his balls doing a constant routine and checking his diet, yes steroids are magic pills you moron, that's why they're illegal

oh a plethora of medical reports? Comparing regular people to steroid users? please do post them.

You mean a study, moron and exactly one study at that, and all you shit for brains that dont have a clue how to read scientific literature apparently didn't notice that the gains in the testosterone only group fell off at week 6 while they continued in both training groups. Ergo, it is highly unlikely that just sitting on your ass and taking steroids does anything more than fill your muscles with glycogen and extracellular fluid. Which is exactly why you and guys like Blaha look like complete dogshit despite having consumed enough drugs to stock a pharmacy.

Attached: H8FRoEdOUN2ZUl9-lcXXiR0Nr_OvqMAy3f2Ib7RmMN0[2].png (1279x714, 446.15K)

you need to get laid

Not him but here you go
>physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.2001.281.6.e1172
>nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101
>both used varies degrees of time
>both have multiple groups
>they look at muscles specificilly (inb4 "t-they only measure general w-weight!" Come on, you should read better than reddit)
>PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T WORK OUT ON ROIDS GOT BIGGED THAN NATTYS WORKING OUT
if you think roids aren't magic, you're deluded. You're one of those people who way overpays for a steak then behemothly claims it's the best one they've ever eaten because it was expensive.

Yes,you poor deluded child.Why did you post your face? Petition to execute all wojak posters

Lmao. Seething brosplitting retard just can't fathom the fact that his routine is shit and that roids are doing the job for him. I respect natties way more because they have spend years learning what works and trying hard while roidtards just inject liquid gains into their asses to cope for the fact that they are lazy and stupid

This is just the truth, don't roid rage at me, bro

The word you're looking for is vehemently. Though I like the behemoth imagery as well.
>t. vocab user

>Homosexual jews litterally mog Yas Forums
Sad!

>Impressing thots
Ngmi, just rent a hooker or settle your standards lower
Thots barely care on how you look, you just need somewhat average face and a fat salary

Attached: kek.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

he looks good because of :

1) Chad face
2) Tren

NOOOOOOOO I CAN'T MAKE ANY GAINS WITHOUT ROIDS NOOOOOOOO STOP MAKING FUN OF MY TINY TESTICLES NOOOOOOOO I NEED ANOTHER KIDNEY TRANSPLANT NOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1570440615675.png (785x1000, 306.06K)

He trains to fight, not to look good or lift heavy or be shredded, half of the guy in CBT have a more do you seriously think a PROFESSIONAL fighter is natural?

That's what most sane people do on the 3 day full body programs. Do your 3-4 compounds at low volume high intensity and then move onto isolations with high time under tension at higher volume.
>On bench day add in cable/db flies, dips, pec deck, etc...
>On ohp day add in db shoulder presses or arnold press, lateral raises, etc...
>Do arm and core work every session.

Is there a downside to doing things this way?

Peaky Blinders

Brad Pitt in Fury haircut

You do bodypart split?

People on roids are anabolic 24/7 so they can and have to destroy their muscle as much as they can for maximum growth.
And natties have to be consistent and shouldn't overtrain so their muscles can normally and slowly repair over time.
But not that you would know anything about that you brainlet.

Not exactly. I still follow the A-B 3 day format for my compounds (A being squat bench dead dips, B being squat ohp row chins), but I base my isolations afterwards to relate to what I'm focusing more on that day. Hence more shoulder work on OHP day and more chest work on Bench day, since I rotate the two. As I said I do core/arm isolation every session on top of that. Seems to work out pretty well for me.

you wont actually progress on the compounds movements

that's actually breddy gud for 5'6

Idk about 99.9% natty lifters, but certainly a majority, if they're not consistent.