Is Sephiroth trying to save Aeris?

Is Sephiroth trying to save Aeris?

I haven't played through the Remake, but I watched a let's play of it and from what I have seen I figure that

- Sephiroth is from the original timeline and he's trying to alter the events
- the 7-second-window he is mentioning to Cloud is most likely referring to the moment when Sephiroth kills Aeris, the 7 seconds being the time Cloud has to save her
- Aeris in the original timeline being in the lifestream prevented Meteor from destroying the planet, therefore sealing Sephiroth's fate

So could it be that Sephiroth wants Cloud to save Aeris so that she can't direct the lifestream to defeat him in the end?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelifestream.net/novels-novellas/on-the-way-to-a-smile-lifestream-black-and-lifestream-white/
youtube.com/watch?v=QvaohQyIo5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally everything you said is wrong

No he’s talking about meteor hitting and this is confirmed in chapter select

*Aerith.

He isnt trying to save Aerith he just wanted destiny dead so the future is uncertain meaning he has a chance of winning or whatever the fuck hes doing now. Her possibly surviving is just a side effect, the seven seconds was a meteor reference I think.

why would he not want the meteor to hit?

It's certainly possible.

>

Because he knows now that he/Jenova are not Ancients who should get revenge on the planet but Aliens who want to rule over it

doesn't matter because he fails at the end
he needs to stop his own failure

>So could it be that Sephiroth wants Cloud to save Aeris so that she can't direct the lifestream to defeat him in the end?
I mean on the surface this makes sense, but Sephiroth is dead by this point, not only physically but in the lifestream also.
Wounding the planet is going to do anything at this point, Cloud killed him. Twice.

>but Sephiroth is dead by this point,
but the Sephiroth in the Remake is the Sephiroth from the original timeline

No, he's trying to save Cloud.
>Chap2:
>if you die all that which binds us will be no more... I have a favor to ask of you:
>run away Cloud you have to leave, you have to live!

>Chap18:
>fate is not to be taken lightly... the Planet will claim you
>Our world will end but I will not end with it and I will not let you end either
>let's defy destiny together

It has nothing to do with meteor you drooling retard

Attached: wtf.jpg (288x175, 5.62K)

why are you assuming he's honest about his intentions?
he's clearly trying to manipulate Cloud for his own means

because

The official novella released in the lead up to AC:
thelifestream.net/novels-novellas/on-the-way-to-a-smile-lifestream-black-and-lifestream-white/

It explains that Sephiroth lost most of himself to the Lifestream during Meteorfall and Cloud is integral to maintaining his spiritual core and protecting what’s left of him from being consumed by the Lifestream, whether this connection is due to Jenova or a sadistic choice by Sephiroth isn’t made clear.

As long as Cloud lives and remembers Sephiroth, then Sephiroth is safe from fully dying and has a chance at returning time and again and just interacting with Cloud after regaining a body allows him to regain everything he lost to the Lifestream.

hmm interesting

Please also notice that EoC "ore sephiroth" is very different from the Sephiroth we know. He is treating Cloud with respect whereas in the original, he was in such a megalomaniac state he would never bother to pay attention to anyone let alone ask for favors.

I don't know about you, I feel ready for Good Guy Sephiroth at this point.

Attached: Expanding-Brain.jpg (857x1202, 138.45K)

I still don't believe he's a good guy
even if he wants to "save" Cloud, he's just doing it for his own interests

No, Seph wants the usual stuff.
Also, the final boss in the FF7 Remake is going to be Zack.
youtube.com/watch?v=QvaohQyIo5M

Attached: zack.jpg (1280x720, 118.92K)

>2020
>people still don't understand the plot of VII

So you think he's using the Ore pronoun on purpose just to appear sane?

I don't know what that means

SE knew they didn't had the resources to make a proper remake so they made this episodic bullshit and put jenova and sephiroth fights in Midgard in case they never reach the northern cave.

In both FF7 and all of the spinoffs, Sephiroth uses the Ore pronoun when talking about himself. It's a male pronoun used in non formal contexts.
When he goes insane he starts using Watashi instead, this is consistent throughout the entire compilation and it's also mentioned in the latest ultimania.
EoC Sephiroth in remake uses "ore" which indicates he's back to sanity

He uses the pronoun 'ore' referring to himself in that timeline stuck in Northern Crater.
He's literally saying he's not going to let himself die in this timeline.

No, of all the things wrong with this game this is a dumbfuck criticism. Square could NEVER make a full game on the scope of the original in this style because environment design was far less resource intensive back then. It's simply unfeasible to do a fully 3D modelled FF7.

Aerith can still pray to the planet by being alive though.

true
the game in itself is a closed story
it's a to be continued but it doesn't have to actually continue

>Square could NEVER make a full game on the scope of the original in this style because environment design was far less resource intensive back then. It's simply unfeasible to do a fully 3D modelled FF7.
I thought making the game in parts was supposed to take care of that

lol I have no idea, I don't speak japanese