I hope you invested your neuromods in the alien powers tree

I hope you invested your neuromods in the alien powers tree.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 30.4K)

Why do people hate this reboot, it's really good

Doing so will give you the bad ending so no

It may be good, but it is not prey. Also, prey two was canceled.

never touched them. i went sneaky crit with a shotgun and Leverage to toss things at baddies

It's not a reboot. It's a new game that happens to have the same name as an old game that nobody really cares about but they pretend they do just because they love to whine about Bethesda.

this game was so fucking garbage.

Not even my reason I hate it. It was just boring as fuck compared to a really good game.

I did a turret run so I didn't use a lot of alien neuromods. I really loved that game and wish immersive sims were more popular

Prey 1 was incredible.

>turret run

Attached: Prey_00114tunopat.jpg (846x471, 128.52K)

Bioshock ripoff.

I invested no neuromods at all and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in a game

Dude those guys scared the shit out of me. Looking back it was a weird choice to do my first run with turrets

No it wont

No, it was a fairly mediocre and a largely forgotten game. Even when the sequel was announced there wasn't really a huge amount of excitement for it. it's not until the cancellation that all the sudden there was a sea of "Prey was great! I'm a massive fan of the franchise and fuck Bethesda for cancelling what I know for a fact would have been the greatest game ever made!" bullshit. Want to hear something funny? That first Prey game that was released was not the original Prey. A different developer was originally making Prey. That was cancelled and then development was handed off to Human Head. How ironic.

>Why do people hate this reboot
It's an original IP with nothing to do with the game from 2006. People generally dislike it because it wasn't the cancelled sequel to that game, which was sounding fucking baller before it died in development hell.
Still, it is an excellent game, probably my GOTY for 2017, and I blame Bethesda for it not doing better. IIRC they pressured Arkane into calling it Prey, I could be wrong there, but whoever went with that name fucked it over pretty badly. There was also almost zero advertisement for it. I don't think I knew a thing about the game until two or three weeks before it launched.

It's kind of sad how fast all the difficulty goes away and the level design doesn't really evolve since they need to make it playable with any skill combinations. First playthrough was magical tho.

what the FUCK is a turret run? u saying you carried a collection of turrets around everywhere you went by juggling them around

>using neuromods at all
look at this dude needing a crutch to play the game

>using neuromods

Attached: firefox_2019-08-08_12-57-55.png (616x607, 746.11K)

they increased the difficulty recently I think (8 months ago?) but yeah not much replayability

Why wouldn't they call it neuroshock or something. I mean I know they owned the name and wanted to use it but fuck they really shot themselves in the foot

>IIRC they pressured Arkane into calling it Prey, I could be wrong there
According to Arkane they weren't pressured. Prey 2 had been cancelled. Bethesda went to Arkane and said "Hey, we've got this Prey trademark already set up that isn't going to be used anymore. Want it?" and according to Arkane they thought it was a cool sounding title and so they took it. That's it.

no, they should have called it Brainblast

Pretty good game. Did my run with human mods only.

I started this game and played it all the way through in "one sitting", meaning i played nothing else, i woke up, played this game, went to bed, woke up, played this game.

I really enjoyed it, but my entire memory of the game is fuzzy and warped due to the constant stream of it. I remember being terrified of the mimics and by the end i wasn't scared of anything, and found that rather enlightening.

I'd like to do a no neuromod run one day, but ev en though it was years ago, I still don't feel ready to do it again.

Yeah, it was bad all around. One because there was already a semi-popular cult classic with that exact name, and two because it's pretty generic and tells you literally nothing about the 2017's game's content.
Neuroshock or something to connect with the System Shock 2 crowd would have been cool, hell anything with nuero or space or something would have been harder to bungle as badly.

I snuck around a lot and set up turret nests and then lured enemies into the nests so it would be easier to kill them. It's super comfy coming back to hub areas and walking past your friendly turrets.

The naming makes sense. I still argue the publisher should be the one's marketing the fuck out of their product, which I felt Bethesda did very little of.

alright so you left them in the main lobby. I think most people did that. I got the impression you dragged them with you across the space station lol