Can anyone explain WHY the Last of Us II story is bad?

Going just by what we know, Joel dies, and you play as Joel's killer for half the game hunting Ellie.. How is that bad?

Game of Thrones proved you can have beloved characters killed off, and still sympathize with their killers. Early seasons of Game of Thrones were great at telling these kinds of stories. Maybe The Last of Us 2 will just be the next Game of Thrones?

Why do people automatically assume they will handle this poorly? We only have a few cutscenes without the context that 20 hours of gameplay will provide. WHY is it bad?

Attached: golf-club-600x536.png (600x536, 295.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/_Vs_The_World/status/1255505178100465665
youtu.be/-SBAJIjBfxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because TLOU was a shit game and the same writer is in charge.

Pretty sure it'll remain shit.

TLOU wasn't shit storytelling. Unless every game critic in the world is wrong. It was actually pretty good. True, not as good as claimed, but certainly not bad.

Why aren't we even giving TLOU2 a chance,, instead of shitting on it over the mere bits and pieces of story material we know?

I was on your side until you appealed to the authority of critics as your argument. Kill yourself.

Game sucked. I beat it, it was so boring. I didnt want anyone to live especially myself. The best part is the first 5 minutes where it fades to black pre time skip.

Attached: Screenshot (942).png (519x332, 80.61K)

From a storytelling pov it is a weak lazy tactic to get us to relate to a character. A crying scene of Abby finding her dad dead.
They wanted to pretend this wasnt a cash grab thats why they called it "Part 2" and thats why it had to be directly connected to the first. The only character left from Part 1 was a literal who NPC. Had they actually planned this from the start, Marlene would not have died and she would have been the villian.

Plot twists only work if they haven't been spoiled.

A) If I'm a fellow who never cared about the plot in the first place, I was probably never going to buy the game anyway

B) If I was a plot-centric fan, then the plot spoilers mean I will probably never buy the game

It's very bad.

This gay ass gym

Attached: CordycepsTotalFitness.jpg (1920x1080, 365.21K)

But that’s because said killers were sympathetic.
Abby comes across as extremely forced. They have her save children as a way of endearing us to her, but it doesn’t work

>Game of Thrones proved you can have beloved characters killed off, and still sympathize with their killers.
The biggest deaths in GoT were Stark members and all of them were killed by characters with 0 likeable or even human emotions that you can never, ever sympathize with. Joffrey, Ramsay, Littlefinger and Cersei are all evil characters and if they were suddenly the front a center of the show (they never were) and skewed as heroes then everybody would hate it. What a fucking shit analogy.

>Game of Thrones proved you can have beloved characters killed off, and still sympathize with their killers

Give us one (1) example.

this and with games it's even worse because people love Ellie and want to play as Ellie but cuckman wants to show how woke he is

>Game of Thrones proved you can have beloved characters killed off, and still sympathize with their killers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure ach of those killers died in the end.

>Game of Thrones
>Game of Thrones
>Game of Thrones

Attached: 1531121074732.png (362x507, 192.33K)

Viserys and Khal Drogo

Except Game of Thrones has beloved characters killed off by antagonists, not a secondary protagonist.
In what fucking world is Viserys a beloved character?

Third person movie game is the perfect genre for kikes to infect vidya
mobile.twitter.com/_Vs_The_World/status/1255505178100465665

Because her dad was an idiot who killed a bunch of people needlessly and was about to do the same to Ellie
And she wants revenge for that guy
Sorry but I cannot sympathize with that
Also because MUH CYCLE OF REVENGE IS HOLLOW is getting more and more prevalent, more and more tiresome and this change of perspective here adds nothing to it
worth noting is that the leak was revenge for the employee's mistreatment, and the satisfaction from it sure wasn't hollow

I loved to hate him but I totally understood the need for him to die. He had the best death in the series IMO and he set his sister on her journey.
It was hot seeing him check out his sisters body.

its midwit corny feelsbait like just about everything else zombie

>Why is TLOU's story bad
I'll be glad to break it down for you.

>has cutscenes
>has dialogue
>has countless hallways where you do nothing but have exposition spewed at you
>characters cry and talk about their feelings

Just from that alone, it's pure garbage. If I want a movie, I'll watch a movie. Keep it out of my video games, you pretentious hipster filth.

Attached: 1588051589979.png (988x739, 892.58K)

>Unless every game critic in the world is wrong
Yes.

The theme is god awful. Its just revenge bad but humans cant stop themselves, which leads to humans bad. Artful story telling has to be more than: Look everything is bad! Why dont we all kill ourselves already?
An actual piece of art is about more than that it should about striving to be better despite everything being fucked. If you like this kind of story then u should pay me 5 bucks to slap you in the face, it will hurt just like life does, so deep right?

>Why aren't we even giving TLOU2 a chance
I wasn't gonna give it a chance before the leaks anyways.

Simple, it doesn't do well what it wants to do. Let's say for a minute that you want to keep the core theme of the cycle intact, which is the cycle of violence and revenge. The whole point of the cycle of revenge is that people are blinded by their emotions and see it as a means to an end while an outsider sees it for what it is. The best way to explore this concept is to put them in their shoes which the game does. The problem is that you don't feel the emotional pain they feel that causes the revenge in the first place, thus defeating the entire purpose. If you had played as Abby the first half, then kill Joel, you'll feel upset and angry as a player, so you'll relate to Ellie in the second half of the game. As it currently stands, by playing as Abby in the second half of the game you have absolutely no reason to relate to her sadness and frustration because you, as an outsider, do not think that killing Joel was right. Especially since Abby was a new character, if all we knew at the beginning was that her father was killed by some brute, you may very well sympathize with her, and then AFTER she kills Joel at the half-way point, you start to sympathize with Ellie and play as her. It's such a simple fix I'm shocked no one bought it up, but maybe someone did and got fired since we all know he's that kind of director now. I'm assuming the moral of the story is supposed to be something along the lines of us being emotional creatures and that sometimes what feels right isn't right. If this is the case, the game does a horrible job getting that point across. If it's not and the moral is just "violence bad lol" then that's almost worse.

P.S. It also would've been far more subversive and shocking if you played as Abby and killed Joel halfway through and switched to Ellie. Imagine thinking this game is centered around a new character and then BAM that happens. If that's what you're going for you can't beat that.

Attached: 1579417574694.jpg (582x720, 42.05K)

is there a story that actually has the person fullfilling their revenge turning out alright?please tell me i'm tired of this "muh revenge bad" cucked out shit

It's not a bad idea. I would have found it interesting had I not looked into the spoilers.
My gripe with it is that it's the been done for the sole purpose in the interest to get the video game equivalent of Oscar bait. Everything seems so fucking forced.

Attached: 1587984360597.jpg (1073x1080, 74.23K)

I mean you haven't played it. I'm going to judge the shit on it's own merits.

Half this BS is just 12 years pushing console wars, who gives a fuck.

Conan the Barbarian

youtu.be/-SBAJIjBfxw

Joel has the journey of
> total bastard
> kind of a bastard
> less of a bastard
> still sort of a bastard in the end and lies to Ellie

Like he's kind of less of a bastard at the end, but he still murdered her dad?

hi cuckmann

Neil Druckmann's
about to make
you his bull
DYKE&ANNA

Reread my post, revenge is bad thats why it makes for bad art

>MGS6
>you play the first half of the game as big boss building Outer Heaven
>then on the second half you switch to Solid Snake and got to take BiBo down
>the entirety of Yas Forums would call it kino

Attached: 67a.jpg (842x900, 379.6K)

You're not wrong, I'd love that.

I mean, a lot of people hoped that would be MGSV.

Yeah, cause it wouldn't be gay

so a remake of metal gear 1?

This is the best written, and only thought provoking, post I've seen written about this game since the board went full retard about the leak. Your post won't be acknowledged outside of this response. It's a damned shame, but that's just how this cesspit of a board functions. I wanted to thank you for taking your time to write it, I like your take on the game. Now back to the hundreds of reposted senator Armstrong edits and
>dilatelmao
Shitposts

Attached: 1587137763384.jpg (800x815, 236.38K)

yes because both of them are lovable characters and we already know what happens,it's not like solid is a musuclar dyke looking woman we just meet half an our ago.

I don't play movieshit, so I wouldn't consider it kino.

>How is that bad?
I only played Last of Us, didn't think much either way. I've only seen gameplay of beating the hell out of Ellie, and it's just poor taste. What's the point? Spend all the first game protecting that little bitch, and suddenly you're choking her to death in the next game, just because you're forced to play as big ugly abby? Game of Thrones was edgelord garbage, this is too.