Alright Yas Forums

Alright Yas Forums,
I managed to get the Persona 1-4 up and running on an emulators.
Should I play the 3rd or 4th game first or do I have to play it in chronological order?

Attached: Pesona series.jpg (1280x720, 145.08K)

Gee, I dunno. When you read a book series, do you start with book number 3 or 4?

Kek,
I mistype the filename.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x343, 177.36K)

Play 3 first then 2. 4 is fucking trash dont even bother. Play 1 last, its not that bad

>comparing numbered video games to book series
fucking retard you aren't required to play FF or DQ1 in order to understand each subsequent game

If you have played P5 already I recommend 4
If not then 3

Each story is self contained mostly so you can play whatever one

Shoulda gotten P4G instead of normal P4

No but it's evident that all the DQ games are connected
Plus, why would you start on the superior games and then suffer through the first games with shit and outdated gameplay? Are you gay or something?

There's a Persona 1 and 2?

You aren't required to read the first 3 Harry Potter books to understand the fourth either.

As much as I wanted to love 1 and 2, their gameplay was just too annoying. Slow as fuck combat with very little depth, annoyingly high encounter rate, weak dungeon design, and bizarre recruitment/fusion systems. 3-5 don't have incredible gameplay by any means but it's at least serviceable.

1/2 really deserve remakes that keep their spirits intact (i.e. not Persona 3 clones) while totally overhauling their gameplay.

Buy persona 5 and play it on ps4.

Haven't played the Persona 5 yet,
guess I'll start with the third game.

There are even 2 Persona 2s.

They're all self contained stories, save for Persona 2 Innocent Soon and Persons 2 Eternal Punishment. Those should be played innocent soon, then eternal punishment.

Dude just start up 1 and see if you can deal with it. If the gameplay sucks then yes, go to 3 and look up a summary of 1 and 2. The stories were good.

Play persona 3 if your a p5 baby, then 1 to 2. Then play p4 and have a laugh

>Innocent soon
>Persons
God I hate phoneposting

t. secondaries
Persona 3 has a couple references to Persona 2 but there are otherwise zero connections between 1/2 and 3/4/5, might as well be different franchises. Even when they've had all the excuses in the world to bring Nyarlathotep or Philemon back they've refused to do so.

1 is smt lite. You should only play it after you run out of smt games.
2 when you are in the mood for a visual novel. The gameplay is terrible ans only gets in the way.
3-4 are still pretty bad, but at least their gameplay is okay. No real dungeons tho.

Persona 1 and 2 are connected

E
Just some tips
Pick easy mode
When you meet Shinjiro don't keep him in your party
Make sure not to waste your time
Watch your SP
Dont fuck up

>play the games with the shit gameplay after playing the games with the superior and peak JRPG gameplay
What's your logic behind this

1-2 are basically their own miniseries that only introduce Igor and the concept of Personas, but all the Persona games introduce Personas so it doesn't matter.

They're all good, but I always recommend playing in order since even though the stories are mostly standalone, the gameplay changes are substantial between them.

There was a section in 4 where they go to the school/nightclub in 3 but other than that pretty much yee

Persona started at 3.

Skip 1 and 2.
Save the best til last so play 3 then 4.

>When you read a book series, do you start with book number 3 or 4?

Not every games have a continuity stories user.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't be played in release order.

I don't know how I'm this retarded but I never realized that was the same nightclub lmao

All good m8, we all have big brain moments
>I thought Flash Light was called Light Flash until I was 20