Redpill me on the RTX2080 ti

redpill me on the RTX2080 ti

Is it overkill?

Attached: file.png (1500x1386, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wl73KVy32F0tE4CKwAmZPyccapvlnyq8iMm4322e-oc/edit#gid=1479028673
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even it drops hard with RTX on. I think the software needs some more revisions as opposed to the hardware

Depends on your target FPS/resolution.

Is your monitor less than 4k resolution?

1440p at 144hz

>I think the software needs some more revisions as opposed to the hardware
The pathtracing optimization well was tapped ages ago.
Then no.

Yeah, it's a bit more then what you'd need but if you can get it on sale then why not. A 1080ti would work tho.

>Is it overkill?
Yes. The RTX 2080 Super is already overkill and the 2080 is already pushing it. 4K still isn't the standard and you will never find a card that lasts two sets of AAA releases that can hit 4K at a consistent 144hz. 2080 will crush anything at 144hz and the 2070 should be able to do that for most, if not all as well.

I play at 1080p 144hz with a Ryzen 1600AF, 16GB Ram, and 1660 Super, and in more demanding games on generally highest settings (by that, I don't mean stupidly maxed out (like 4XSSAA etc) I maintain around 80 fps average.

Competitive games achieves 144 fps easily (locked at 140 though obviously).

So decide yourself if you want to spend what, 3x or more on a graphics card?

Ayy I have that same setup except for a 580. I love that little processor.

On a semi-related note my 580 feels like it's getting a little long in the tooth. What should I upgrade to? I only have a 1080 monitor so is it even worth upgrading unless I go for 1440p?

Do you game at 4k resolution on two monitors? Then just get a base 2060 and you'll be good for the next few years.

Alright so

MSI
ASUS
EVGA

Yeah this cpu is absolutely amazing, can't believe how cheap it is. And I've gamed at 1440p before at 144hz, had the Asus ROG monitor, can't remember model etc. And the extra resolution is nice don't get me wrong, but it becomes harder to maintain high frame rates in most games. I switched back down to 1080p 144hz (now have an AOC 242GU) and am much more happy as everything is just better optimized for 1080p, and having smoother framerates is more noticeable than the resolution increase in my opinion.

I'm running a 980ti 60FPS@1080p and the only time the fan even turns on is when I'm cranking up the AA. Unless you're going for really high and consistent framerates at 1080p even a 980ti will have more power then what you'll probably use.
That's not a bad thing.

Gigabyte

Iirc there aren't a lot of AMD cards comparable to the 980ti right?

>make the same product
>don't even compete and sell it at the same price
REEEEEEEEEE

>buying anything of the current generation

Why the fuck would you do this? Overkill? Try underkill dumbass. Ampere is launching later this year, even as early as September. Wait for the 3080ti which has Ampere architecture, 40-60% more powerful than a 2080ti, and will be priced the same as a 2080ti is currently

Wait

Uhh ZOTAC blows all of those out of the water every generation with their AMP! Extreme line

>and will be priced the same as a 2080ti is currently
He doesn't really believe this does he?

That's what happens every cycle, and is what every tech outlet is predicting, so yes.

Because the RX 5950XT is going to mop the floor with it at a lower price

>AMD GPU
Ryzen are great processors, but he GPU division is still lacking.

>RX 5950XT

>Rumors surrounding the AMD RX 5950 XT graphics card, which some people are billing as an ‘Nvidia killer’ have recently reached fever pitch, and one particular ‘leak’ suggested that it would be an immensely powerful GPU. The only problem is, it's just been confirmed as categorically false.

>According to the now-discredited rumor, the AMD RX 5950 XT would come with 5,120 cores, 80 CUs, and 24GB of HBM2e memory. Jargon aside, that would make it one heck of a powerful graphics card, easily demolishing even the most expensive of Nvidia’s gaming GPUs.

>Such a GPU, if it existed, would have turned the graphics card world on its head, as Nvidia typically has the lead when it comes to powerful high-end components. Many people at the time speculated at this rumor was too good to be true – and that’s exactly what it turned out to be.

wait for the new nvidia cards or incoming AMD GPUs

even it slows down with total war titles maxed out

>24GB of HBM2e
that part is fake, it's 12GB of GDDR6. The rest is real

>every cycle
>20XX gen saw hikes across the board
>thinking they won't do it again
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wl73KVy32F0tE4CKwAmZPyccapvlnyq8iMm4322e-oc/edit#gid=1479028673

Can't wait for the 3080ti and 10900k
I'm hoping those will be enough to max me out at 1440p 144hz with a 2nd monitor running at 1080p 144hz for the foreseeable future.

Attached: 1503873960989.jpg (647x1196, 593.86K)

>980ti around $700

What bullshit is this? Is this cherrypicked lowest reference vs. highest possible custom 2080ti cards? The ZOTAC AMP! Extreme was $1200 too, this spreadsheet is lies.

In price? Yes. Performance? No, 3000 is coming soon already.

That generational spike was largely attributed to bitminers which is no longer the case. There are also lots of reports saying Nvidia is trying to actually reduce card costs this generation.