Final Fantasy VII Remake is Officially A Sequel

Per Nomura himself, it's officially a sequel, not a remake.

Attached: 20200430_164118.jpg (1073x1431, 449.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/FFVIIR_Change-Title_Refund
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/https://www.change.org/FFVIIR_Change-Title_Refund/
siliconera.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-part-five-of-the-final-fantasy-vii-compilation-and-nomura-talks-about-the-term-remake/
famitsu.com/news/201911/26187515.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aMeg7NBvxJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sign the petition below:

It is a remake.
Remake =/= Remaster

And he says the word "remake" has a hidden meaning, though he declines to clarify what it is. It's clear that he is hinting that the characters will "remake" the story into a new story.

Attached: 20200430_164142.jpg (1080x1263, 420.28K)

Nobody sees the word "Remake" next to game and assumes they're using the fucking verb. Please have sex.

I have zero interest in the game solely because of the misleading title. If it was called something like FF7 Remix or FF7 Return then I would eat that shit up.

>no source

It's just Evangelion Rebuild, nothing surprising at this point.

Attached: 1579190794453.gif (272x450, 3.5M)

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/https://www.change.org/FFVIIR_Change-Title_Refund/
A signature for every time you post it

SE are genius. Now people are running out buying the original, advent children rose in youtube purchases. They are the masters in re-selling you their old products.

siliconera.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-part-five-of-the-final-fantasy-vii-compilation-and-nomura-talks-about-the-term-remake/

So it really is false advertising. Lol oh man did they think this through?

Attached: 1587774682621.png (540x368, 263.61K)

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to successfully launch a "false advertising" claim? Fucking retard.

Sign the petition below:

Why the fuck are retards only throwing a fit over this now when Nomura talked about it in an interview LAST YEAR?

famitsu.com/news/201911/26187515.html
>自分がこの企画を立ち上げたのは『COMPILATION of FFVII』の頃でした。AC, BC, CC, DCと続き、5作目のコンピレーション最後のタイトルとして1年程1人で企画していました

Hell it's been posted on Yas Forums before too

Signed. Fuck Nomura at this point.

>autistic retards on Yas Forums knowing anything

>siliconera
retard

>Everybody should've known because he said it in some arbitrary interview

Just title your game differently next time, Re:Make or something. This shit is just disingenuous, they know what they were doing, those cunning snakes. Stop defending this shit.

I can't stop laughing

Attached: muh childhood.jpg (750x258, 34.35K)

yes you are

I like the game but this stuff elevates it for me.

Bravo Nomura, Nojima and Kitase for this meltdown kino

Its not a remake. Its a sequel because it happens after the events of the original game.

Also you have the remake-remaster thing wrong. A remake doesnt need to have different story or different gameplay in order to be a remake. A remaster (like the musical and movie term) is getting the original assets and recording and optimizing and master them with modern technology. A remake recreates all the assets from scratch. Can be or not different in terms of plot or gameplay. But its not what defines a remake. What defines a remake is that it doesnt use the assets of the original work as basis.

next level autism

Lmao what a faggot.

FF7 in all its shittiness is still there. You can play it at anytime.

Attached: NomuraRemake.png (690x565, 212.17K)

It's so soulless it's retroactively stealing children's souls.

Take your meds Barry.

Poor Laurent.

>Part Five of the Final Fantasy VII Compilation
Wait, so there's FFVII, the remake, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus, but what's the fifth game? The flip-phone game about the Turks?

Advent Children

SO WHERE ARE THE SHITPOSTERS NOW?

Those fucking shills.

Are they not aware that most people hate the fucking compilation?

>ill almost be 40 by the time FF7 Remake is finished
>im only 25 now
Guess I can show my kids this series when they grow up

Attached: 1587661665236.jpg (1280x720, 90.41K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aMeg7NBvxJg

Attached: Tidusprepares.gif (268x325, 1.96M)

>game

I don't think the original game is considered part of the "compilation." So the chronological order would be Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, FF7:R, I think. Who knows though.

They clearly talk about parts in the article, user.

I honestly don't know if Nomura is aware of that. I get the impression that he thinks people love his work.

I am outraged.

Shouldn't have called it a remake then

real remake when
its been over 20 years

The compilation was a mistake. Not only are the sequels shitty but they remove the ambiguity over humanity being wiped out in the original ending.

F

>People want a remake of a popular game
>Say you'll do it after being begged for over a decade
>turn it into something else
I refuse to believe there isn't a single person on that team that thought "this might backfire".

AC and pic related that has characters in the remake.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_VII_The_Kids_Are_Alright_cover.png (284x426, 242.73K)