Ps5 will struggle to play 3rd party games

Let's be real here Devs will always design games for the top device then go down from there. Ps5 is much weaker than series x in terms of raw power and it's also not very stable with alot variable frequencies, heating issues and essential stuff like vrs, dx12 and raytracing. The Devs will have to downgrade Ps5 versions of games by alot to make it run for Ps5.

Attached: EWO2PlDXYAACsn5.jpg (969x1385, 119.79K)

The variable clock is bad design, max clock cannot handle max load, it's a pointless exersize. They even admit this on white papers

Sony gambled on hoping MS would go for a 10 TF machine, it's designed as an 8.6 TF machine boosted to limits to look good on a spec sheet.

Even it's much lauded SSD will have heating issues and won't be hitting that performance 80% of the time, I used to laugh at the phrase "Sony smoke and mirrors" but this gen? Sony fucked up and with Sony wanting to cash in on the PC game market more and more, the brand is anti hype when it comes to console hardware.

Apparently Zippo leaked some bad news on trashera?

What news?

>real time ray-tracing
i mean not even my PC can do that shit

Who?

>Let's be real here Devs will always design games for the top device then go down from there.

Incorrect, they design for best selling console which will be ps5 :)

No need anymore, now they design with whichever system is easiest and port to other systems if they plan to multiplat from the get go. And also that no longer means it'll be the best version anyways.

PS5 will be the lead console

>Let's be real here Devs will always design games for the top device then go down from there.
Yeah, it's called PC.
And a shitload of toasters can play new games. Shit dude, like 70% of Steam users use 1080pmonitors followed by 10-15% of laptops (x768)

>Grannell: discredited
>Rickel: discredited
>First Github leaks from January 2019 mentions boost mode
>Meaty heatsink patented

I'm surprised Xbox Discord is still pushing this angle. It didn't work in 2017 either.

Yeah yeah, maybe snoys will make more exclusives in this gen then.

How bad is it for Ps5 guys? I wanted one but now I’m not so sure

seems pretty fucking stupid, why would you not guarantee it runs properly on shit hardware first? that usually means it'll run even better on better hardware.

If they buy more studies, maybe, if they continue with ND-caliber studies, I doubt it.

Sony has way more brand recognition than MS among casuals, FIFAgs will keep the boat afloat, it has always been like that with PS, a FIFA machine with a decent selection of exclusives and third parties.

>vrs, dx12 and raytracing.
show me a modern game with all that shit that runs properly. ps5 has a 2080 it can do fucking real time ray tracing

From what I've seen, "ray tracing" is basically a meme at this point anyway.

Attached: Gay Tracing.jpg (650x366, 59.91K)

NOT LIKE THIS SONYBROS

Yeah except people dont design games around the faster hardware and ray tracing is still a meme for at least 2 more years.

Assuming that the base GPU clock is 2GHz, and the base CPU clock is 3.2GHz, it's still a decent machine. The biggest difference between the two consoles will be resolution and ray tracing. Even the much lauded SSD won't have much of an effect, since PS5 has less memory bandwidth and a lower clocked CPU than Xbox, it can't physically process the information at the speeds it's receiving it. Likewise, the Xbox has a slower SSD, but much higher memory bandwidth and a higher clocked CPU, but it can't get as much information as it could handle. In reality, Xbox is much more capable hardware wise. Another smart decision on MS's part is the low speed SSD. Since all games will be designed for a cheap and common baseline speed, it means theoretically MS could roll out a firmware patch that allows higher speed SSD's to be used, negating any advantage that PS5 has, and they could release an adapter cable that allows any third party SSD to be used, not just first party proprietary. There won't be much of a difference in load times, but there will be a difference in RT utilization and resolution. I don't think either will need a mid-gen upgrade, assuming this gen lasts 7-8 years.

Is it true that exclusives are better looking because the devs only have to focus on one spec?

rei tracing is a fucking meme

Remember that time when OP sucked a ring of clocks around him. Haha that was hilarious, look, look, he's doing it again in this very thread. Everyone whip em out.

>meme
Your image literally shows it running twice as fast with ray tracing

bloodborne 2 will keep ps5 alive

>Ex-Sony dev
Aw yes. Let's trust the word of someone who's not even involved in the development of ps5 at all!!

What the heck is ray tracing?

Right now Ray Tracing is still in a tech demo state with making Minecraft pretty - while being stuck running Minecraft under 60 FPS.

It might become big later, but the computational power just isn't there.
Even once it is there, a lot of people will probably still prefer turning it off to get other settings higher.

>dude let's just overclock everything into ridiculous speeds what can go wrong??
This hack is the most overrated fuckface in the industry. I think it's his silver tongue that allows him to keep his job. The PS4 was also an extremely shoddy console but nobody noticed since Xbone was somehow even worse.

Attached: markcerny.png (980x552, 608.35K)

ps4 backlog is so massive that I don't really care about new games anyway, make ps4 games run at 60 fps and I'm good for a long time

Partly. But the bigger reason is that Sony's studios have massive backing by the parent company to create premium quality games. No other publisher would have tolerated as many delays with TLOU2 as Sony have. Their interests are more in preserving this image of premium quality rather than yearly releases.

However it should be mentioned the best looking games of this gen were all multiplat, not exclusives. RDR2/FFXV alone beats everything Sony's own studios made.

Attached: Shiva2.jpg (4096x2304, 1.47M)

that's just marketing shit, ray tracing is used to render fucking 3d movies it's not going to be common for games in a decade

cant wait for the digital foundry comparisons

Those minecraft benchmarks are bruteforcing a fuck ton of ray tracing. In real games, I'm guessing the use will be more balanced and dialed back so performance isn't killed. Minecraft is used as a benchmark because its simplistic visuals make it so easy to make out the impact of RT.

Here's the reality though.

Attached: Gay Tracing 2.jpg (1280x720, 109.13K)

Current lighting and mirror reflection techniques in games tricks to work and be efficient. Not always accurate, but can look just great.

Ray Tracing is actually rendering individual rays of light bouncing off of objects (though the actual calculation is done backwards by tracing paths from the camera -> object -> light source, rather than generating rays from the source to the camera).
Gets more accurate lighting, shadows, and reflections, but takes a ton of processing power and can only calculate a limited number of light "bounces" since there needs to be an end on that calculation.

>Still images to show dynamic features
God damn it. It is a meme due to the performance hit that can actually make your game look worse unless you have the monitor/tv to go with it, but a still image is the worst way to try and present that too

And can't wait for the same cuckera trannies that overplayed every single performance gain PS4 had on Xbone to downplay these benchmarks. I can already imagine it

>b-but they didn't test loading times
>b-but it's about the feel of the game, not just resolution or frame rate
Already discussion on next gen platforms have died down on cuckera because by now it has become blatantly obvious by everyone that SeX shits all over the PS5 (except controller, the PS5 controller is better).

Attached: ps5 experience.jpg (1800x1801, 759.13K)