Is No Mans Sky worth playing now?

Is No Mans Sky worth playing now?

Attached: k1f1ErwmANhNRHTJtvIOh456s698vDuQ4WQh1izQHEk.jpg (1200x900, 176.51K)

No slash thread.

Attached: nms.jpg (669x473, 106.5K)

This is the first image I remember seeing where people pointed out how ridiculous the two guys on the left look. That was before people started using the term basedboy.

reminder that this is the original soiboi pic

s o y

The fact that the motherfuckers spent years after release listening to player feedback and fixing the game with free updates earns them my respect, you know if any other game company were in the same situation they would make the entire game's worth of extra content locked behind a paywall or any other scummy way to extract more money from its playerbase. This is obviously a labor of love and you don't see things like that in the gaming industry anymore.

If you like the thematic, yes. There're many things to do and the game is overall good right now.
The best part would be the mid to end game, where you start to really get things going with farming, base building, freighters and stuff like that.

yeah it's good

they could have taken the massive profit and sold the company.

yes

Attached: 275850_20200303010103_1.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

More like No Man's Sóy

>Release
Complete ass
>Post updates
Complete ass with convoluted plot.

No, I fell for the "it's actually good now" meme. The game is crap

it's fun in VR, but I don't see myself ever playing more than a few hours per week

no but my taste might be backwards
i actually enjoyed launch nms and wasnt disappointed. i enjoyed the game because it had the best procedural generation of worlds ive seen in any game. this type of stuff had intrigued me since i spent lots of time just exploring the wacky shit that was generated in pre 1.0 minecraft. the updates honestly ruined the game. the random generation was dumbed down and i really dont like the multiplayer elements at all. it's a shame so many uneducated retards bought the game and bitched incessantly so hello games updated it to be something it was never going to be.
if they update it with new interesting additions to the procedural generation algorithm i might revisit it but at the moment i see no reason to. i dont think ive liked any update after next except the vr update. but we'll probably get more stupid bullshit like alien ship shit and base building bullshit. what a shame.

All they need to do is shut the fuck up, stop telling lies, and work on the game.
That wasn't so hard, was it?
I hope they learnt the lesson here.

Sadly, still no.

I watched the internet historian propaganda video expecting it to be fixed.

Multiplayer base building persistence is broken as shit, and the game in general was still a buggy mess.

It has clearly improved but is still struggling stability wise.

It's hard when pressured by Sony when you have no dedicated PR guy. Grab a random team member from any other dev with that much publicity and you'd have similar results.

>I hope they learnt the lesson here.
I do too. Probably have and know when to shut the hell up.

is the random generation better now?
As in no more ugly creatures, and repetitive scenery,
And is the game objective better now?
As in no more find resources, go next planet, find resources, go to center of universe, repeat from steps 1.

I wonder what the collective testosterone level of that room is

No, adding a whole bunch of stuff to the game doesn't help when it's still mechanically very boring and tedious.

Wish me luck Yas Forums!

Attached: Annotation 2020-04-29 194537.png (502x38, 5.51K)

Literally what is this game about? What's there to do besides flying in a ship?

I aint even mad at these guys. They sucked it the fuck up and fixed their game, for free. Anyone who values their ACTUAL reputation that much gets respect from me. I still don't like the game, I think its boring and lame. But I still respect the work they put in.

Even if everything they promised was in the game, it wouldn't be worth playing

It is better because there is more diversity than before.

Repetitive scenery and creature still happens. If you want more exclusive and good scenery, go to the 10th galaxy, Eissentam.

The game objective is still vague, but now there is a menu (close to the catalogue) that helps mitigate this issue by helping you aim to certain objectives.

This issue has been mitigated by diversifying resources and what they're for. Again, Eissentam is the best galaxy to explore in terms of everything.

You gotta get fuel to fly the ship every so often.

Its 2020 and hello games has more respect than CDPR lol

In VR, sure.

I just wanted an exploration game where you and the community could discover and name planets and different species.
But no.

Attached: 1489773199-breaking-bad-pizza.png (1000x631, 997.45K)

Why are we calling them based all of a sudden?

Is it cause they’re nerds too?

I don’t get it.

You can manually choose where to spawn?

yes. if you play it and find yourself enjoying it even a little for more than an hour or two, then you can firsthand see what its like when a shit game is revived from the dead

Pretty much this.
They put a lot of content out there now and it honestly deserves a second chance.

Maybe if they drop it to $20 I'll buy it. Otherwise, nah.

it's okay, but eventually you figure out how shallow the game is and get bored

Even if they included all the features from the start it would still be a shit game.

How's it stand up compared to Subnautica?