ITT we explain our hatred for Nomura without being within two degrees of abstraction from homophobia

ITT we explain our hatred for Nomura without being within two degrees of abstraction from homophobia.

Attached: njk.jpg (1920x1080, 75.61K)

Why do all his characters look like Idol dancers

"we" don't hate nomura. tourists from leddit hate nomura.

>"we" don't hate nomura. tourists from leddit hate nomura.

Attached: 23ebda9451621e9049c1f41e4b7852c5.jpg.a22c0127f1503d62f68bb170b724e0b1.jpg (847x507, 79.41K)

Nomura is fine

I just don't get why he's become the sole face of Final Fantasy.

Would like to see a new perspective for the next numbered game

He doesn't know what the characters he himself designed are supposed to act like. He is purely a corporate guy.

I can tell his mindset upon designing everything back before he got into a director role was completely different from what the people who actually made the games envisioned. Since he's never played final fantasy ever, he only has a shallow perception of WHAT HIS OWN DESIGNS are supposed to be. That in turn caused every dumb normie to think shit like cloud is emo, or sephiroth being the darkness in cloud's heart.

Sure, this probably came because of lack of proper communication between writers, director and designer, but how can someone be so distant from their own life's work as to not know it's purpose? And this isn't just for FF7, it's the same for everything else he designed too. He almost acts like George Lucas.

Writes maudlin and convoluted games.
Which would be fine if the dialogue and characters weren't so cringe.

He gave rufus a belt skirt for some reason.

I think I learned to respect creators more than their fans and critics, maybe there's some prime truth to that.

I have a love-hate relationship with this guy.
Like, he knows how to properly direct a game in all of it’s needs, knows how to build hype moments and character moments that makes you care.
He is terrible at writing a coherent plot, gets way to experimental with concepts while using every shitty anime trope at the same time.
His character designs range from iconic and memorable to being top tier cringe.
I think he is best at writing stories with a smaller scope or small stakes, like KH1, and there is some producer cutting him out on his dumb ideas.

This

There's no reason to hate him at all.

He hasn't though, he's just been attached to the last two numbered projects. Toriyama was attached to the 3 prior.

I don't hate him at all, if there was a criticism it's that he needs to stop trying to make sagas and many sequel spanning games. Just make a new IP each time. Also, he need to do more monster designs again.

He isn’t, the only numbered FF directed by him was FF7R. XV is Tabata even though it was Nomura pet project at first. XIV is Yoshi-Ps responsibility and XIII was Toriyama.

He's a gigantic faggot

For some reason i feel like it's weird to even talk about him, nobody ever has anything smart to say, his games are all good.

I fucking HATE his overdesigned characters, why the fuck does he think this shit looks cool?

Attached: e5653cf7e006180f992239ce61395003--final-fantasy-characters-final-fantasy-artwork.jpg (730x1050, 104.32K)

This

I don’t hate him, I think he’s quite based desu senpai

fuck Nomura

who did XIII-2 and LR? they should take over.

He did goid when he had to prove himself and was subject to senior approval. After becoming a leader, he already proven that he was good, and that was his downfall.

The same guy that did XIII, and fuck no he is horrible.
Every plot he writes is the same “muh religion bad” and his trilogy ended up qith his waifu becoming real.

He scarred me for life, with belts and zippers.

Fuck you.

I mean, the games were better than 7R

combat system/design-wise

I enjoyed 7R's story a lot more. I thought the combat was fun too but I don't think Nomura had anything to do with that.

Nomura raped the original plot. Nope.

make an evade button for keyboard

Nomura demanded that it was a fusion between atb and action rather than action only a la ffxv

This

A lot of his stuff is legit but some of it is fucking awful

Attached: The_Bouncer_Sion.jpg (330x770, 61K)

he's a fucking genius

i don't "hate him" but i don't like any of his work aside from some character designs from 7.

>I just don't get why he's become the sole face of Final Fantasy.
he's been involved with the series since ff4. his games sell well and review well. a bunch of other people got their chance to be the "face" post-sakaguchi and failed miserably.
who else do you want to be the "face"? kitase got his chance already and ruined the franchise with ffx. yoko taro wouldn't go over well with anyone who thinks nomura is too crazy. yoshi p's only contribution to the franchise is a wow clone for trannies that supposedly "gets good 80 hours in."

SE relies on his consistency too much, and thus the series has sort of plateaued. They need a new generation of creatives to invigorate the brand.

I don't necessarily hate Nomura, but he's kind of like Kojima in that he ABSOLUTELY needs someone to tell him when he has a bad idea. He's a bad person to have in charge unrestrained.

That said, I can't say the actual quality of his games is bad, which would actually cement him as a shithead in my mind, so while I don't necessarily like half, or even most of his more outlandish ideas, I can't say he did a bad job bringing them to life. Aerith, Tifa, Cloud, Barret, and Red XIII were on their A game in FFVIIR. Everything about them made stomaching Remake's more weird ideas worth it, and as much as I hate the whispers in concept, I DO like the idea of the second game not being restrained by purist adherence to canon, and I'll admit the way he did it was creative, albeit extremely on-the-nose and a complete tonal whiplash.

Attached: 1587840636941.png (1287x1071, 962.31K)

I don't hate him. I kinda pity him - he's an almost 50 year old man who thinks he's a 20 year old character in a game, and acts like he's 15.

>SE relies on his consistency too much
no they don't. they don't rely on him ENOUGH when you look at his success compared to the hacks they've actually been relying on.