Metal Gear Solid

Did you rike it?

Attached: metal-gear-4.jpg (500x578, 197.58K)

Yes

no

No, you'd have to braindead to enjoy that tripe.

So fucking boring holy fuck

yes

Attached: 1587374394444.jpg (3950x4000, 3.6M)

1-3 is kino, 4 is a disaster, 5 is meh and has no reason to exist, MGR is kino

Yes, mainly because of the octocamo and the final boss.

MGS4 is a total chore to play most of the time. It has some cool ideas, but they're kind of lost in all the bombast.

>MGR is kino
I don't know what people see in that game.

It had a few moments but it was overall shit

I really wanted to but Kojima wouldn't let me play the game.

Yas Forums hates MGS4 because it was the first PS3 exclusive to really buttfuck xbox in the ass
Yas Forums is like 90% USA so ofc americans will support an american company.

The ranking goes like this:
MGS2>MGS3>MGS4>MGS1>MGSRising>MGSV>MGSPW
or
MGS3>MGS2>MGS4>MGS1>MGSRising>MGSV>MGSPW

4 was utter shit. 1-3 were godly, especially 1 and 3. V was a missed attempt but still a Solid game, no pun intended. Way better than 4, if at least for just the gameplay. But the story is way better than 4 as well. Even if the twist at the end is annoying. Peace Walker was awesome, considering it was handheld. Ground Zeroes was incredible, and showed so much promise that V ended up ultimately not totally living up to, but I loved replaying the Camp Omega level over and over. Nothing in TPP tops that sequence unfortunately.

PO was pretty poor. Ghost Babel was pretty gud.

Didn't like MGR, but I wasn't into more technical beatem ups back then. I was more into God of War. After having spent a lot of time on Bayo 1 and 2, and Astral Chain, I think I can get into Revengeance proper now. If only they'd make a Switch version.

People hate MGS4 because it's an underwhelming conclusion with a lot of bad ideas and poorly executed good ideas.

who dropped the ball on it? why was there so little gameplay? why was the middle east level so fucking KINO and why did it end when ACTIVATE IT happens.

Amazing villains, boss battles, music, and it just has fun without being pretentious like Kojima's later games
Plus it salvages Raiden's character after they ruined him in 4

4 is just a terrible way to end the series especially if you're a huge fan of 2

Except George, fuck that little shit was annoying. Does Platinum have a thing for annoying kid sidekicks? It was the same in Bayo2.

UNDERWHELMING-?

HAHAHAHA

THAT IS THE WORST FUCKING TAKE ANYONE HAS EVER HAD ABOUT MGS4

The problem is exactly the opposite, it was overwhelming,every plotpoint was concluded and satisfied, every single question of yours too.
The problem was people didn't want to know about the patriots and wanted it to be left in the dark

Attached: 252ab08a319ca760c66b23e921e1050aa3868745r1-1000-737v2_uhq.jpg (1000x737, 36.02K)

Don't know yet, can't emulate it properly yet. Only can get in-game on rpcs3 sadly

It's not underwhelming because of a lack of grandiosity, it's underwhelming because it feels so empty-headed compared to other games in the series while its smarter ideas are relegated to minor novelties like the psyche meter. This isn't just true for the story, it's true for the game design too. Yes, it's underwhelming.

yes

Mgs 4 and 2 are my favorites
3 and 1 and Pw are pretty awesome
Mgs 5 is ok
Mgr sucks ass unironically, and it's not canon so yeah

I understand your point.The game feels like you're riding the coattails of MGS1 and MGS2, especially MGS1 with Meryl,Naomi and Shadow Moses coming back. It is a game that keeps reminding you about the past but people wanted a conclusion of the story.
Tbh, I'm on the fence when it comes to either wanting the series to end in MGS2 or MGS3, either points would be great.

>MGS2>MGS3>MGS4>MGS1>MGSRising>MGSV>MGSPW
Swap PW with V and i'm with you

MGS1>MGS3>MGS2>MGSV>MGS4

And Peace Walker last.

>Plus it salvages Raiden's character after they ruined him in 4
If anything it shat on him even more than MGS4 did. The whole Jack the Ripper persona thing was absolutely stupid.
>boss battles
The boss battles are good, but the characters themselves never left much of an impression on me. Senator Armstrong is pretty funny, but the Desperados mostly just fuck off and die as quickly as they appear. They don't feel much more consequential than the Robot Masters in a Mega Man game or the Cobra Unit, save for maybe Sam.
>music
I don't care for it, but fair enough.

I just don't think the good things the game has going for it are enough to make up for the awful level design and mind-numbing enemy encounters.

>it's not canon
Kojima isn't around anymore to decide what is or isn't canon they could make MGR2 whenever they want
And MGR deserves to be canon much more than the shitshow that is 4

MGS went to shit when Kojima adopted the open world episodic mission builshit.This form derails story progression and pacing. PW and MGSV were pretty fucking bad story wise.

Now imagine MGS1,MGS2,MGS3 with MGSV gameplay

Only 7 of that 45 images are from actual gameplay, the rest is fucking cinematics

MGS4 is bittersweet because the gameplay mechanics, controls, and engine are the best the series has ever been, but there's so little gameplay putting that to use. I love it purely because MGO2 came along with it and that game fucking RULED.

Kojima provided everything that your shitty hack and slash built around

so yeah in my book and kojima's, it's not

Please stop hating on MGS4, your outing yourself as mgs haters.
True mgs fans know what games to hate and those games are Portable Ops,PW and MGSV
MGS4 was fine, period.

Kojima is a hack and the series is better off without him
MGR manages to be a better MGS story than 4, 5, or PW