I hate politics in games!

>I hate politics in games!
>But I love Metal Gear Solid, Nier, New Vegas, Yakuza, Persona, Final Fantasy VII, The Witcher, Ratchet & Clank, Bioshock, Fire Emblem

Attached: 1557438313795.png (350x265, 112.16K)

Cope Neil

Attached: EWoZMlQXYAI2FQS.jpg (2048x996, 253.85K)

>In-world coherent politics

vs

>Hackwriters putting their own BS opinions on IRL poilitcs in games

I don't hate politics in games, I hate twitter in games.

How dense are you?

where's my dwarvish big titted gf???

because the left is 100% wrong regarding identity politics and transexuals.

all other kind of politics views are tolerable unless you are a Yas Forums autist.

Imagine that, people don't mind politics in games when it's executed well and not screeched in your face by a hysterical tranny dev

Attached: Jean-Jacques_Rousseau_(painted_portrait).jpg (1448x2016, 1.83M)

New Vegas is great because it filters the retards who view everything through a modern political lens.

>real world politics =/= politics in games

Games which have politics in them are not the same as games which include REAL LIFE politics, especially in incompatible settings.

A game with its own self-contained politics can be excellent.
When an elf turns to you and says "TRANS RIGHTS", that's not excellent.

>fictional stories that have no impact on your current life or future

vs

>WHITE PEOPLE EVIL WORDS I DO NOT LIKE SHOULD BE BANNED HATE MEN ALSO FUCK CAPITALISM AND WESTERN CIVILIZATION

Attached: 758478570912.png (400x381, 108.33K)

A game with people who brush their teeth before sleep is different to a game where all characters turn their face right into the camera and say "brush your teeth before sleep, kids!"

Yeah i know this analogy sounds weird, didn't come up with anything else

You can hate politics all you want, but its propaganda that grinds my gears, if you want to play ball on the political side of things through the medium of entertainment then do it through questions rather that statements of opinion thinly veiled as facts.

I won't buy your dollar store bargain bin RE4 tranny rip off of a movie, Niel Cuckman.

Attached: 1572401629575.jpg (888x894, 67.9K)

>Ratchet & Clank
>Yakuza
>Politics
Wut?

he's right, though. The first one makes it clear that it is fictitious for the sake of world-building and pushing a story forward. A means to an end. Similarities with the real world end up being mostly coincidental. e.g. how the world got on lockdown and delivery people became heroes when Death Stranding came out months ago (before news even got out that there was an outbreak in Wuhan) was coincidence.

The latter is an obvious attempt to forcefully push an agenda with nothing else behind it. No substance. Replicates and exaggerates current political climate. It's the end in on itself.

>Ratchet & Clank
>muh satire on consumerism
Fuck off

There's nothing wrong with handling political topics, especially as well as Bioshock did
The problem arises when the hack writers pushes their political beliefs and agenda on the player, best current example being Life is Strange 2

It's not the way it's delivered, it's the message. Why do they have to push their tooth brushing agenda so much?

I don't care whether brushing their teeth is interwoven with the world and lore, or if it's awkward and breaks the 4th wall, just don't shill brushing teeth so hard

I want to have stinky breath and horrible oral hygine

How fucking dense are you? He is right

Politics in Nier?

You can talk about politics/ideas/concepts without with a neutral stance, letting the player decide what he/she thinks is right, or you can shove a political agenda down everyone's throat, make it very clear and then suppress all those who criticize said agenda.

>Metal Gear Solid
The only underlying political stance Kojima takes is "nukes are bad", the rest of the story revolves around politics, not politicial ideologies.

>New Vegas
They make it very clear that Caesar is the main antagonist in the game, yet, they still bother to make his character believable, with a backstory and philosophy explaining why he thinks the way he does,

>Bioshock
Again, Andrew Ryan is supposed to be an antagonist, but the more you play the game, the more believable he becomes, there's a reason he thinks the way he does and he even says Rapture failed because he pushed his ideology too far.

Haven't played the others though.

Another series ruined, and another company hopefully bankrupt soon. :^)

Why does Wolowitz get so much shit for being an engineer? Mechanical engineering is god-tier field of expertise. Also he knows what's up; it's boner time all the time.

ye but i owned drumpf in the game, so its on par with everything you've just listed :)

the difference is when it is painfully obvious that the 'politics' are one of the writers/devs opinion
its the main Reason a fuckton of people hate Kreia From Knights of the old republic 2, even though they love the game, because it is that painfully obvious that she exists for no reason other than being a mouthpiece for one of the writers that it brings down everything she is involved with in the game

There's a bit of politics in Yakuza. I remember the quest where you've given tax ideas to some government official and Kiryu comments how stupid these ideas are.
These taxes actually existed in modern Japan

All of those games are smart about it. They create new worlds and explore politics within them and/or explore politics in very broad strokes, with messages that don’t apply to any one IRL political instance. It’s dumb whenever a game throws identity politics or DRUMF into a game just because the devs want to get up on their soap box and virtue signal. Cringe ass Big Bang Theory poster.

Attached: 069A10AF-5C5E-4D15-AA4A-6E303F07AB04.jpg (640x594, 214.56K)

Ending of TBBT was savage.
>I would like to thank to my friends:
>doctor Rajesh...
>doctor Bernadette...
>astronaut Howard...
>doctor Leonard...
>...and Penny
Howard is the biggest cuck in that show.

>Howard is the biggest cuck in that show.
Leonard, I meant Leonard. Oh fuck me. :(

>Ratchet & Clank
Can you explain where the politics are there.

Get raped twice and kill yourself, you retarded fucking tranny faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Ass or titties.

Fuck you're stupid user

He gets shit on by sheldon an autistic faggot.
In reality he has a cute braphog wife, children and is a fucking astronaut.
He makes all the virgin post docs seethe

>fake politics in fake worlds -> okay
>real politics in fake worlds -> shit
Not that fukken hard

Attached: 1402541256203.gif (174x188, 1.03M)

That seems less political and more someone making fun of their government.

At least with Yakuza the fictional world is grounded in real-world Japan. Been awhile since I've played 3, but that had the CIA working with the Japanese government in a military base expansion bill. As retarded as it all gets, the primary goal for Kiryu is just to secure the land for the orphanage and he gets dragged into all this dumb shit. I don't recall any politicians and characters being extremely anti-American and Kiryu just goes "yeah you're right."

Let's change that strawman into something a bit more coherent and realistic.

I dislike it when people that I hate and that hate me infuse the media I consume with their Californian mind disease.

But I still enjoy political themes in my media in general, especially when it is well-executed and not hamfisted or preachy.