What exactly made oblivion so great?

Attached: file.png (927x675, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mN3k8ZkQfF2doXCm4zfKcMaBgT3QIN41U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

soul

Definitely not the scaling.

definitely not the visuals

Game was comfy while you were just running around the world, intense while you were in combat, and the story was relatively engaging. Only thing that really took me out of it was that there were like 7 voice actors and it really showed. It was honestly a good game, I still find myself replaying it from time to time.

the jank
i realise after all these years that the janky, buggy games always get remembered as 'soul' and the polished, high budget games are 'souless'

Attached: 3luek0.jpg (650x635, 28.64K)

It had some amazing music, you could call it generic but the absolute best of generic.

The immersion.

Definitely not the stupid ass nonsensical redundant Yas Forums threads

yeah jereney soule haahahahaha that soundtrack was great hahahahahahahahaha

Nothing, it wasn't great

Skyrim also has 7 voice actors so it must be a recipe for success

The absurd hilarity of the radiant AI

>One of a kind soubdtrack
>Great writing
>Beautiful world
>ATMOSPHERE
>Some of the best quests in any RPG ever
>Cool spells
>Shivering Isles

You were 11 years old. It’s bad!

The Quest for the Black Brotherhood in Skingrad

youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mN3k8ZkQfF2doXCm4zfKcMaBgT3QIN41U

Attached: fair knight.jpg (720x405, 56.26K)

Nothing I'd like to talk about.

Good day.

You too.

Not much

One thing. Immersion.
Think about it. In Skyrim everything was placed with a specific purpose in mind, the world was not natural. One inn per city, one shop type per city ect.

In Oblivion, things were placed to make a believable world first and foremost. Think about it. I the Imperial city you could casually stroll into a little known inn off a backalley and down some ale's with a few npc's that many people wouldn't even encounter. It was a world first and foremost. Not a action "rpg" lite like Skyrim.

I don't know you, and I don't care to know you.

Attached: Ulrich.png (600x1000, 1013.48K)

*sniff*
Bye!

Oblivion sucks.
Actually, all TES games suck.
They're great at first glance, but they have some really bad flaws that show as you play the game.

The reason Oblivion is fucking great is because it doesn't take itself seriously. Look at the visuals, the dialog, the overall atmosphere. It's like a medieval fairy tale on acid. Skyrim in comparison is just cringe from start to finish.
Morrowind tales itself seriously too, fortunately it has excellent writing and isn't afraid to get raunchy and gritty, so it never seems off despite the somewhat alien setting.

Attached: 1487261885827.jpg (573x820, 110.51K)

what is objectively the best bacon_ video?

it was a good adventure rpg that looked like LOTR and people were still on that Peter Jackson high.

thats it.

Okay, deliberate.

Cliffracer flyyyy

It's initially impressive, then you became aware how ridiculously restrictive (due to the punishment system) and repetitive the game actually is

It was the first next gen game of its kind. It came out less than six months of the 360 release and the graphics truly looked next gen for the time. It doesn't hold up anymore but had you played Oblivion when it first came out you wouldn't be asking this retarded question. Just go watch gamespot's retro review to see how people felt at the time. It was awe inspiring.

Attached: knocked the fuck out.webm (450x360, 242.22K)