In RPG games with more party members than the active party member limit allows for, how do you chose who goes with you?

In RPG games with more party members than the active party member limit allows for, how do you chose who goes with you?

Do you choose your party based on their stats and tactical strengths? Do you chose the ones you think are written best? Or maybe you pick the ones with the highest chance of providing additional lore as you explore the world?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (900x720, 134.6K)

I never have a "main" party and I swap constantly based on who makes the most sense for that particular mission

Best written, most interesting. Love thief, assasins, shinobi etc. I roleplay, if you min max an rpg you are playing it wrong.

Why so white dragon age?

if it makes my peepee hard, it belongs to the main team.
after that, the characters that makes my peepee hard more often, has priority.

All of above.

Attached: Viconia DeVir.jpg (894x894, 106.2K)

Additional lore, usually.
In DAO I would sometimes change party members several times in the same place just to see what they had to say.
DAO was pretty cool.

Unkillable tank (female)
Slutty healer (female)
Slutty mage (female)
Slutty rogue (female)
that should cover it.

Swap them from time to time, but take them on certain quests if it makes sense and also love interest gets preferential treatment.

Is the tank slutty also?

>not a slutty unkillable tank
What a fucking FAGGIT

The good old days, when settings didn't have to be multiculti.
Viconia....

Morrigan
Lelinana
Barkspawn

My harem argue with each other about who's the side bitch whilst I high five my dog

depends on a lot of things but i usually get characters i like. whether that be because they're cute or funny, or cool class or they banter with another party member alot. depends.

sure, why not

>find perfect party
>always run that party
Your character alone would dictate who's viable and who's not.
Make a healer? Wynne sucks.
Make a rogue? Leliana and zevran suck.
The party should have been bigger imo

i pick the most based ones, for DAO that would be Sten, Shale and Morrigan.

I choose them for tactics first, personality second. If a character is particularly annoying I won't use them no matter how good they are.

Shale is so OP that running her feels like cheating

I'm yet to try a limitless party run like I did with Neverwinter Nights 2.
Wonder how the game will handle all those triggers.

Attached: NWN2_SS_120819_131729.jpg (1920x1080, 207.26K)

>RPG games
stop

>stop games
RPG

Is Barkspawn the canon name, or merely a popular choice?

I'm always bothered when games only have 1 healer companion and you're pretty much forced to take them with you unless you play a healer yourself.

>darkspawn chronicles was short and shitty
What a fuck up

It's the name used on that what-if DLC where the main character is dead.

I liked that DLC.

Healing potions are enough when you have one more DPS shortening the fight

It's a meme that stuck. I think it comes from old Bioware forums. It was a terryfing place.

Yeah all 30 minutes of it

Penny Arcade comic

Attached: barkspawn.jpg (800x401, 157.69K)

I liked most DLC.

I remember joining Obsidian forums when Pillars of Eternity had just started development.
First and last time I ever joined an official forum.

Nah, it was a thing long before that. The DLC called him that in acknowledgement of the meme.
...Jesus Christ, this game is 10 years old.

Mix of personality and party balance, though more emphasis on personality. Like in DAO I had the cookie cutter AW, Alister, Lelianna, Wynne because they filled the gaps and had personalities that didn't clash with mine, while in a game like Kingmaker I stuck the two I liked the most in my team(Ekun and Tristian) and just filled with what I thought was necessary(Skill monkey, second frontliner and a rotating 6th slot)

>Tristian
You must have been mad when he left.

Come to think of it, I remember having bucketloads of fun in DAO, but for the love of me I can't pinpoint why. The story wasn't all that great, the characters were cliche, the systems and builds weren't that complex, the graphics weren't that good even by 2009 standards. But I guess put together this game really works and keeps you invested till the end. And Lels was 10/10 waifu.

hot girls first

Nothing in Darkspawn Chronicles is canon, actually it's supposed to be goofy because you slaughter literally everyone but wade and his gay lover magically teleport away because memes

It's also the hardest DLC. Golems is a cakewalk compared to fucking Darkspawn chronicles. It isn't even "good" difficulty like you're constantly in combat with dozens of enemies and archers train your emissary(your only healer, who has no potions or anything btw). Oof.

Not so much mad as disappointed, I ran out of anger already when he shouted his own damn name in the tomb. That said I prioritized his return since I'm a big believer in second chances and you don't abandon your boys.
Ekun disappearing gave me a mini heart attack though, not only was he a great guy but he was also getting the most work done on the team

Gameplay balance normally (front liner, damage, heals, support etc), RPGs are typically purposely easy enough for brainlets to finish so I'd like to give myself some challenge, but if it's some tedious grind game then I'll minmax that shit.

>The story wasn't all that great
The premise was thin (ancient evil awakens yada yada), but the way it evolved and the fact that there are several ways to advance each storyline meant that by the end of the game you had a combination of factors culminating into a complete story could be different on each play-trough. That combined with how the writing was balanced in general sort of elevated the experience.
>the characters were cliche
They were well done cliches
>builds weren't that complex
Character building was simple but it did give you options that mattered in combat.
>But I guess put together this game really works and keeps you invested till the end
Exactly, the game ended up much bigger than the sum of its parts.
I fucking love this game, it gives you just enough in each area to hook you and it keeps delivering, even taking its ups and downs into account.

>having trouble with darkspawn chronicles
Holy shit you must be a serious retard, that DLC is piss easy