Action Game Thread

What should I play after Ninja Gaiden and God Hand? Is Sigma 2 worth playing if I can't get access to an Xbox 360 right now? No DMC recs please I already played those.

Attached: Ngbcover.jpg (352x499, 66.71K)

>What should I play after Ninja Gaiden and God Hand?
Bayonetta
>Is Sigma 2 worth playing if I can't get access to an Xbox 360 right now?
No it's neutered shit. Only Sigma 1 is a good substitute (for Black)

Already played Bayo 1 and 2. Should I play Shinobi and Kunoichi? I did the first level of Shinobi but not really sure how I'm supposed to play it.

>What should I play after Ninja Gaiden

Nioh 2 is the closest to a Ninja Gaiden in the modern day and age, but it's a long action RPG in the mould of Souls.

I don't have a PS4 but I played and beat Nioh 1.

>(for Black)
(for Blacked)*

Yes play sigma 2 and even 3 RE,and then play the original ones on NES.

>Shinobi
forward+attack to break guards and side+dash to make illusions that pull aggro
and throw kunai to stun people and guarantee a kill
chain all your kills together so you can kill with one slash

that's it, it's simple compared to NG and God Hand but pretty fair and extremely hard

just play ng2 on xbox one or 360 fuck sigma 2

Samurai Western is a cool action game for the PS2.

>Sigma 2
More like Smegma 2.

Slowly making my way through DMC5 on dmd. Just beat three warriors and goddamn this is getting tough. Cerberus crowd control ability is amazing and I still fucking love ice age. I basically just abused the circle lighting aoe attacks in that last wave with like five demon portal things and a billion wheel lizards. I'd say my two favorites are balrog and cerberus. I always use gauntlets in DMC and cerberus was one of my favorites in 3 too.

It was alright, but very simple and arcadey. Closer to a Gungrave than a Godhand.

Mission 13 solo is probably one of the hardest's mission in the game honestly, also really fun

Since you already played DMC and Bayonetta, I'd reccommend Viewtiful Joe, Metal Gear Rising, and Wonderful 101 next.
MGR isn't too deep but it's satisfying, meaty fun. Viewtiful Joe is tough as nails but very rewarding to get good at. Wonderful 101 has a great, unique combat system, but it's bogged down by too many minigames and gimmicks.
All 3 are very good games!

Attached: Spa Dante.jpg (737x737, 148.49K)

I still can't get over how perfect NGB is and how there are no clones of it.

Well I guess that makes me feel better then. No gold orbs used but a zillion continues tanked me down to an A. Anyone who says dmc enemies are passive have no idea what they're talking about, thats for sure.

Dropped my W101 playthrough more than halfway through because I backed the new kickstarter but I might just finish it anyways at this rate.

If you're already halfway through you might as well beat it. Get to see the rest of the gamepad stuff before the port. Only problem will be having to grind all your characters back to having full movesets again.

Attached: VJ7.png (1349x1009, 321.75K)

Sigma 2 is still good, yeah. Astral chain isn't bad if you have a switch but it does break up the action with slow segments. Very unique and fun to master though. Theres Onimusha as well.

Nioh 2 in particular feels significantly more like Ninja Gaiden 2 than Nioh 1 I'd say. If you can't be bothered to buy a PS4 for it then wait till it gets ported to PC I guess.

Play onimusha

Played them. The original is my favorite.

If pizza face didn't work on it then its not a real ninja gaiden reboot game.
So no, your little sigma babby entry level diaper trash isnt worth playing.

>Only problem will be having to grind all your characters back to having full movesets again.
Depends on the game but I love looking forward to getting new moves and trying them out in action games, getting the feeling you're progressively getting stronger and stronger and trying new cool shit

Oh yeah, I don't think it's a problem on a first playthrough. But on subsequent playthroughs I end up feeling very gimped until I get my moves back.
This only applies to new game saves, or a new version like the W101 port though.

Metal gear rising
Dante’s inferno
God of War
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
spider-man

>Never got WiiU
>Never played Bayonetta 2 and W101

Thank God they were both eventually ported. I didn't back the W101 kickstarter but I'll buy it as soon as it's off the market.

Attached: 1587379414106.jpg (640x640, 127.93K)

>Nioh 2 in particular feels significantly more like Ninja Gaiden 2

How? Would you trust current Team Ninja to make NG4?

Attached: 1587495423983.jpg (460x728, 228.85K)

>Dante’s inferno
Man, what a letdown of a game.

If you want a GoW clone, can't go wrong with it. May in fact be better than half of GoW games

>Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
>Bujingai
>Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked
>Berserk PS2
Okayish hack and slash games that are completely forgotten

And then on PS3 there are Afro Samurai, Golden Axe: Beast Rider and Ninja Blade that are actually kind of okay but totally forgotten

Lament of Innocence is nice but ultimately a weak translation of Castlevania into 3D. No idea what Bujingai is, never played Samurai Shamploo, Berserk for the PS2 is pretty fun, if kinda mindless.

Is Golden Axe any good? I'm a fan of the original games and I read somewhere that development was fucked up. Ninja Blade is genuine garbage.

I still need to play Rising Zan for PS1. That game was like a pre-historic Devil May Cry.

Not that user, but after playing Nioh 2, absolutely.

>Is Golden Axe any good? I'm a fan of the original games and I read somewhere that development was fucked up
Much better than the reviews suggest. It's entirely based on parrying, you have two different parries for two different types of attack. Also you can fight using various mounts AND you can get knocked off of them and then your enemy can get on that mount and it becomes a little mini-boss, but you can also kick your enemy off the mount and get back on it. It's fun. I think the only reason it was review bombed by the MSM is the protagonist looks like a prostitute.

Never got into Nioh since I'm not that much into action rpg hybrids but that's cool to hear. Ninja Gaiden 3 is the worst AAA action game I've ever played so the notion that they bounced back is good news. They even mentioned NG4 a few months ago.

>viewtiful joe
I really want to get into this game but despite my love of super sentai, I just find it such a chore to play through. I'm only 3 levels in and I've had the game for two years. Each stage takes forever to beat and I usually die so many times that I'm burned out if I manage to get to the next level. I'm sure this a case of "git gud" but should I really put the effort in if this game hasnt grabbed me yet.