You negros up for some GAUNTLET: DARK LEGACY?

You negros up for some GAUNTLET: DARK LEGACY?

>What is this?
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Arcadey hack n' slash game where you pick you character and run through worlds fighting monsters and collecting stones so you can stop the big bad. Greatly rewards going through levels thoroughly and finding secrets. 4 players max.

>How do I play?
pastebin.com/1HQB9zDv
pastebin.com/1HQB9zDv
Has links to the game and a Joining/Hosting guide.
All you really need is the game and Dolphin.

Gonna host in a sec. I'm using the current Development version of Dolphin, 5.0-11898. Make sure you have that if you want to play.

Attached: Dark Legacy.jpg (600x459, 75.33K)

nah

HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH

isn't 4 player dolphin online a total lagfest?
why not play Hammerwatch or Magicka instead?

Downloading the rom

Room is live. Code is 8c971e6d

This is my first time doing any Netplay with Dolphin so I guess we'll just have to see how shit goes.
>why not play Hammerwatch or Magicka instead?
DL gets the rare thread every few months, figured it might be fun to try and play it with Yas Forums.

Attached: Gauntlet.webm (620x348, 2.74M)

Damn, got a slow download, saying 30 minutes :(

Not a problem dude. I'll try and make some webms.

Attached: Dwarf.webm (430x240, 2.9M)

Attached: Jesteridle.webm (940x1080, 2.83M)

I want to try it but I'm getting the error upon trying to connect: "Failed to connect to server: The server and client's NetPlay versions are incompatible." can't do it with this version of dolphin?

What the heck, this is Gamecube? The models look ps1 as heck but higher res.

They basically are

Yeah, you've gotta have the same version as the one hosting, If you've got a Development version you can simply update it through Help and you should be good, you'll need 5.0-11898.

Yeah, it isn't the freshest graphics wise. It's really grown on me, though.

It's been a few years since I played my Gamecube but I played Day of Reckoning and that shit was still graphically impressive as hell. They looked like the wrestlers more than modern sports games look like the athletes. It wasn't even a "good for its time" thing, it still looked great. So I guess OP is a bit surprising.

>Yeah, it isn't the freshest graphics wise. It's really grown on me, though.
It's not a bad thing at all for me. I love PS1 graphics for some reason. Just doesn't look "gamecube" to me.

wait is this the one with the giant titty black chick?

gauntlet dark legacy is based af. good memories from childhood when i would play it with my father and brother

Yep.

Attached: Gauntlet-Dark-Legacy.jpg (1000x1388, 279.46K)

Seriously gauntlet games have aged so badly it's such a shame.

I played through Gauntlet with some pals a couple months ago, amazing how well Dolphin can handle multiplayer. Good luck OP.

Attached: fish.gif (56x56, 179.83K)

Any games going on?

yep I am running this version with no updates available. still getting the error message.

I'm brain damaged, my version was outdated. You should be able to join in now.
Yep, new room code is 1fed472a

nice

We're 3/4 currently, will start in a bit.

IMPORTANT
Once you've got the game downloaded, make sure to set a path to its folder in Dolphin, or you'll get an error when trying to play.

Attached: Spintowin.gif (500x256, 85.1K)

miss this game ngl

Attached: gauntlet-genie.jpg (1024x768, 165.85K)

It's basically Diablo but with real levels and good game play. Gamecube version is the worst of the 3 console ports.

So, my toaster is having some issues handling Netplay. Someone else is gonna have to host. Sorry anons. Shit's a breeze to set up though.

Yeah, I actually prefer the Xbox version overall.

Any games going?

I'm gonna try host, id is 01298e1f

HOSTING GUIDE:
>Set a path to the folder that has Gauntlet in it
>Go to Tools>Start Neplay
>Set your connection type to Traversal Server
>Pick Gauntlet out of your game list
>Host
>You'll get a new screen, copy your room code and post in thread
>Just wait on anons to join in
>Start when ready

IF YOU'RE JOINING
Make sure you also have a path set to wherever Gauntlet is installed, stops an error you'll get.

There's a game running at

Attached: 1494711790242.gif (624x345, 1.79M)

There's apparently some stuttering happening in netplay, if anyone knows what could be causing the issue

Buffer size around 14 seems to make the stutter go away